• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

21st Cenutry Holy Bible. A draft-esque alpha version

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, this isn't funny. At all. It just sucks.

Crapping out a bunch of vulgar nonsense with no build up, timing, or delivery doesn't work, no matter how much Family Guy you've seen. There's nothing of interest here, no point that you're trying to make. Nothing clever, or even entertaining, is going to happen over the course of these pages. It's just boring, boring, derivative crap tacked onto the tired idea of mixing a religious document with juvenile and offensive humor. It's somehow less funny than any single movie starring Tom Arnold.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't enjoy vulgar or even offensive humor at times...it's that you're not any good at it. Comedic writing, even if it's based on nonsense (and maybe especially so, check out Douglas Adams), takes work. It's not just the wording of the funny bits either, but all that space in between.

Reading this reminds me of getting cornered by a socially awkward coworker, who insists on retelling the episode of South Park that they watched last night, line by line. And as they ham-fistedly butcher every single joke, you stop listening to the words that are coming out of their mouth, and start daydreaming about stapling their face to their desk. Fuck.

aly

This whole thing is just wow. Not sure if you can be more offensive Op. Like who are you trying to appeal to? You've offended me as someone who is a woman, black, Christian, enjoys good comedy , and good literature.
much like the nosferatu, the transperson burns when exposed to light
Lmao. That whole section was a complete wtf. Like how do you sit back and think this is funny or not offensive?

The idea of a man becoming a woman is so absurdly weird. It is odd.
Its as odd to me as it is for a gay man to understand why a straight man likes women.

Why are you speaking on behalf of gay men? Gay men understand why straight men like women, it's not that fucking hard to understand.

SMH at this fucking stupidity.

Guys what if we are mocking a mentally disabled person? I'm really becoming uneasy with this whole thing. There's no way the OP is serious is there? Trollololol amirite?

TUSR

Banned
The idea of a man becoming a woman is so absurdly weird. It is odd.
Its as odd to me as it is for a gay man to understand why a straight man likes women.

So why do men become women? They must of thought about doing it for a long time. It must not have been something impulsive.
Why do they feel the need to dress like a woman. Get implants, hormone therapy and so forth? Because God got it wrong and made them men?

the result of this post will be infinitely more funny than your bible

Christine

Maybe, and I'm just spitballing here, it's because vampires are inherently false. They might look human, but they're not. They're dangerous and predatory facsimiles.

Again, that's just my read on it, but if that's the joke, it's so "funny" I'm crying.

Why are you speaking on behalf of gay men? Gay men understand why straight men like women, it's not that fucking hard to understand.

SMH at this fucking stupidity.

Yes but can we (gay men) see why Nigga'O Coon loves the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Checkmate atheists.

Maybe, and I'm just spitballing here, it's because vampires are inherently false. They might look human, but they're not. They're dangerous and predatory facsimiles.

Again, that's just my read on it, but if that's the joke, it's so "funny" I'm crying.
you're probably reading too deeply, if only because I don't think there is any particular reason outside of 'transpire' sounding 'funny'

oh is this over now?

Jado

Banned
First of all South Park and Family Guy often receive criticism for this kind of stuff.

The real reason, though, is that the targets of these jokes in things like South Park are not black people, gay people, or "tranpires." The real joke is on the people whose ignorance is being examined. It's not literally funny that Borat jokes about throwing jews down wells, it's funny (and sad) because the audience at the rodeo doesn't seem to find anything wrong with it. Randy identifying "I" as the missing letter in "N_GGERS" on Wheel of Fortune instead of "A" isn't funny because it's a funny word to say, it's a punchline about his own willful ignorance.

That isn't to say that these shows/movies aren't beyond criticism, but there's at least something TO them. The transgressiveness alone is not the joke. You keep talking about context, but this bible shit has zero context.

That episode is actually a perfect example of how the OP completely misses the point of the humor in SP. The racist white guys becomes known as "hey, it's those Nigger Guys," and go on a backwards, idiotic crusade to have the phrase "nigger guy" banned from the English language. They want people to stop calling out their racism rather than rectifying the wrong they've done themselves.

OP, you're a bad person with your stupid make-fun-of-minorities humor. But worst of all, you're exemplary of what a lot of dumb Americans find funny in their day to day lives (but at least they don't attempt to publish it). Do everyone a favor and take your stupid Kickstarter down, take your ball and go home. Don't come back out with this shit.

P.S. You're also a very poor writer. All the good advice on content isn't gonna fix that. edit: just saw that transphobic crap. Nvm, you're worthless. Give up writing anything.

Wg6CGJL.png

Thank god. Once OP's true colours started coming out, he just dug himself a deeper and deeper grave.

therapist

i feel like a lot of people will take this the wrong way i.e hate mail from christian groups.

IMO it isnt funny , im a born christian but give 0 fucks about religion tbh , its not because im christian, its just i dont find it funny. And i love south park , and the OLD family guy.

Honestly , move on...

Its good to try things like this but you probably should of had someone read the first few pages before you proceeded with this.

Good luck OP

KingGondo

Banned
Reading this reminds me of getting cornered by a socially awkward coworker, who insists on retelling the episode of South Park that they watched last night, line by line. And as they ham-fistedly butcher every single joke, you stop listening to the words that are coming out of their mouth, and start daydreaming about stapling their face to their desk. Fuck.
Now that was an entertaining story. Learn from this example, OP.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
And God looked upon the thread, and, behold, it was corrupt; for the OP had corrupted his way upon the thread.

And God said unto ModBot, The end of the OP is come before me; for the thread is filled with violence through him; and, behold, I will destroy him with the thread. Make thee a lock of gopher wood; closure shalt thou make in the lock, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

Thus did ModBot, according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom