• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: 12pm-1pm thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood

Banned
Can't start too early .. I just saw a preview .... and it appears the first 10 minutes will kickass.

Questions beforehand though:

1) Why the hell did the President order this strike when Jack was RIGHT THERE. And in the preview it shows CTU/Marine teams heading into the combine ... what reason would he do this when they were right there anyway?

2) Can't the missile be self destructed in air before it reaches? Typically most missiles can be aborted before they hit. Hopefully this happens, it would make more sense.

3) Don't you know somethings going to get messed up when Jack says to his girl 'Ill come back for you'?

EDIT: Edited for 'preview' spoilers due to bitching.

Mugen

Banned
Hollywood said:
Can't start too early .. I just saw a preview .... and it appears the first 10 minutes will kickass.

Questions beforehand though:

1) Why the hell did the President order this strike when Jack was RIGHT THERE. And in the preview it shows CTU/Marine teams heading into the combine ... what reason would he do this when they were right there anyway?

2) Can't the missile be self destructed in air before it reaches? Typically most missiles can be aborted before they hit. Hopefully this happens, it would make more sense.

3) Don't you know somethings going to get messed up when Jack says to his girl 'Ill come back for you'?

1. The strike is already ordered but Jack insisted on opening a can of whopass all in 10 minutes baby!!

2. Ah yes, Bauer can save the hostages, then hop on the missiles to defuse. That's how badass BAUER IS.

3. Bauer will do this. ( I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT U JUST ASKED )

Hollywood

Banned
Sorry, what I meant was in the preview
he said to his girl 'I'll come back for you' and she's in that cell.

Boogie

Hollywood said:
Sorry, what I meant was in the preview he said to his girl 'I'll come back for you' and she's in that cell.

At the risk of being bitched at by Pimpwerx, most of the time people put what happened in the previews in spoiler tags, because some people don't want to watch the previews.

Hollywood

Banned
Boogie said:
At the risk of being bitched at by Pimpwerx, most of the time people put what happened in the previews in spoiler tags, because some people don't want to watch the previews.

Well you may as well turn off the entire FOX network for a week because they show them all the time. And it's not exactly big plot points spoilers. Jack going into the combine. Yeah, we didn't know that would happen. I saw some people complaining in other 24 threads about spoilers, but if people worry so much - why go in there, until you watch it? I don't have any secret spoiler info .... just the stuff that's already been shown on TV ... I don't considering those spoilers.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
you should put preview stuff in spoiler tags. i happened to watch last week's, but i often deliberately avoid them. and there isn't any reason to watch fox between episodes of 24. or no, i guess there's football, if you're into that.

i also wonder how or why he's going to end up leaving audrey behind. sometimes those previews are misleading.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Spoiler tag preview shit. It's not that hard. I don't watch Fox except for 24 so the commercials are not an issue for me.

So SPOILER TAG YOUR PREVIEW SHIT

CloudNL

And remember people. Call Bauer himself next monday morning!
Call 310-597-3781 and you will be on the 24 set (not now, it's weekend!).

OK. Finally got caught up with Season 4 after doing a weekend Season 3 marathon. This is the only crappy part about living outside the country. Hard as hell to watch my favorite TV shows... Anyways, all I can say is..

1. Ronnie's a bitch for not letting Jack have the pleasure of kicking his ass.
2. This season of 24 has definitely taken a La Femme Nikita twist, I dunno if it's because of Driscoll (Alberta Watson, aka Madelaine from LFN) or if they just decided to make CTU more political and intefere so it would make renegade Jack seem more badass.
3. Jack with a sniper rifle == badass.
4. Robbing the gas station, especially the insecticide can scene, although not intentionally funny, made me laugh for the whole scene. That's the first time an action show has made me laugh like that way; in a good way.
5. The son is gonna need serious therapy. But his mom and dad kickass.
6. Given the choice of all action and video game badasses who have 10 minutes to bust into a complex without maps, kill at least 12 terrorists, rescude the Secretary of Offen...Defense, rescue the SOD's daughter, and get out of the complex to exscape a missle blast...I narrowed the guys down to Big Boss Snake and Jack Bauer. But since I've only really seen Big Boss Snake in the field and seen him get offed by Solid Snake I've gotta go with rusty year and a half off Jack....

OK can't wait for 12pm-1pm!!!

MIMIC

Banned
I'm fucking pissed! The previews showed that
Jack successfully rescued the Sec. of State

I didn't want to know that! :(

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
MIMIC said:
I'm fucking pissed! The previews showed that
Jack successfully rescued the Sec. of State

I didn't want to know that! :(

Not necessarily. It just shows him outside of the building. He could still get shot by someone.

B'z-chan

Banned
this sucks hard, i've got class tonight
(cries) So its ok to post things about previous episodes right? If not...
from a few weeks ago, when the mother killed that poor girl, that kid has no balls i would have shot that bitch up. It made me really angry towards that kid. Cause he was such a bitch. Here he is trying to get her out of the house after getting some balls. Then she dies.... WTF kill the bitch responible.
I cant wait to see tonights episode tommorrow or sometime later.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
alejob said:
The one thing I hate about 24 is that you cant search for "24" or fox for that matter :p

Last year, I practically made all 24 threads and made sure to include the word "official" in it so it was searchable, oh well :p

En-ou

search topics only for '24'. btw, please do not forget to spoiler tag any future things and trailers, and hit preview to make sure its blocked out before hitting submit. thank you :)

AssMan

Banned
Wario. Do you still have your old The Shield.gif? If you could be so nice can you give it to me? If not, then that's okay. =P

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
mackeypower.gif

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Previously on 24....

Ok can we get this out of the way now?

The show is on.... so obviously we are talking about the show now... do we still have to f'n spoiler tag comments?

Belfast

Argh. "A new episode of 24 starts NOW!" I didn't even have time to go to the bathroom between Trading Spouses and this..... :(

(Man, that lady on TS was crazy, though!)

Phoenix

Uh, when did the NSA lose the ability to completely and entirely block ANY transmission in the continental US?

DarienA

Jack is the f'n man! When do we get our console 24 game dammit!

Uh those Marines better show up double time!

DarienA

Woohoo!
The cavalry has arrived!

Jack!
Jack!
Jack!
Jack!

Oh wait you mean the show isn't over?

I'll be out getting my drink on tonight so someone keep an eye out for Chloe and let me know if old sour puss makes an guest appearance from jail this episode.

Matt

Jesus Christ....That was f’kin AWESOME!

And is it just me, or is Heller, like, the best Secretary of Defense EVER!?!

Phoenix

goodcow said:
I'm shocked FOX has the budget for this...

I'm sure if you watch the credits that will be "in cooperation with the United States armed forces". They do stuff gratis unless they don't think the script portrays them in a good light.

keiichi

Wow. that was pretty intense.
but that excuse by Audrey is that her name.. was very lame.

About the Secretary of Defense.. yeah I don't see Rumsfeld picking up a gun anytime soon :)

DarienA

That's uh... convenient. OMG wait til they see what's been going on with the son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom