• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"24" || Day 5 || 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Episodes 11 & 12) *BONUS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

radcliff

Truly awesome episode. The only problem I had with the terrorists plot to snatch the keycard from Sean Austin's character was that it was all reliant on him not having his keycard deactiviated once it was stolen. How did they know he wouldn't deactivate it?

Darko

radcliff said:
Truly awesome episode. The only problem I had with the terrorists plot to snatch the keycard from Sean Austin's character was that it was all reliant on him not having his keycard deactiviated once it was stolen. How did they know he wouldn't deactivate it?

Yea and It also depended on Sean Astin not telling anyone it was stolen, plus every other season when a CTU offical steped down/fired the first thing they ask for was the Key Card/Access Codes

gblues

Banned
radcliff said:

The terrorist getting into CTU is an entire joke.

- Magnetic swipe cards don't have enough storage space to store your photo.
- Therefore, when CTU scanned his card, it should have pulled the internal photo from CTU's database, not the image hacked onto the card.
- CTU should've run his briefcase through an X-ray or something, or done at least a cursory inspection.

Nathan

Boogie

Matlock said:
talk about what's already happened = no spoilers
talk about things revealed by promos that hasn't happened = spoilers
rampant jackassy speculation = no spoilers
peter stormare = no spoilers, vee dub y'all

I know that, and you know that, but the unwashed masses can't seem to figure this shit out.

Pellham

Banned
gblues said:

- Therefore, when CTU scanned his card, it should have pulled the internal photo from CTU's database, not the image hacked onto the card.
- CTU should've run his briefcase through an X-ray or something, or done at least a cursory inspection.

Nathan

yeah 24 is one of those shows where you suspend your disbelief and don't notice the plot holes until after sitting down and thinking about what you just saw. I still love the show though!

MIMIC

Banned
gblues said:

Nathan

:lol :lol

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I only have one thing to say about the main bad guy.... Hallowed are the Ori!

Boogie

Pellham said:
yeah 24 is one of those shows where you suspend your disbelief and don't notice the plot holes until after sitting down and thinking about what you just saw. I still love the show though!

I'll never forgive 24 for the F-117 that was armed with air-to-air missiles :-/

Sean

Banned
The terrorist getting into CTU may not have been very realistic but I'm sure glad they did it. Not only did it end the episode with a bang, but set up the next episode (and perhaps the rest of the season) really well.

- CTU lost a ton of staff and the building will probably be unusable for a while (which should make future attacks easier)
- Lynn is not in one of the sealed off rooms, what will happen to him?
- The rest of the main cast is stuck in the situation room with no easy way out
- Pissed off Tony is sealed in a room with Henderson (who he was told is Michelle's killer) :D

How fucking awesome would it be for Tony to break Henderson when Jack couldn't? I hope he kicks some ass.

Sean said:
The terrorist getting into CTU may not have been very realistic but I'm sure glad they did it. Not only did it end the episode with a bang, but set up the next episode (and perhaps the rest of the season) really well.

- CTU lost a ton of staff and the building will probably be unusable for a while (which should make future attacks easier)
- Lynn is not in one of the sealed off rooms, what will happen to him?
- The rest of the main cast is stuck in the situation room with no easy way out
- Pissed off Tony is sealed in a room with Henderson (who he was told is Michelle's killer) :D

How fucking awesome would it be for Tony to break Henderson when Jack couldn't? I hope he kicks some ass.

Man, I hope Tony breaks Henderson.

That would be the ultimate!

Darko

Fifty said:
The Unit is on now on CBS....starring Dennis Haysbert. Just thought I'd let President Palmer fans know :)

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_unit/

header_01.jpg

I gotta see this :D

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
My question is, how hard would it be for a SWAT time to just run into CTU with a bag full of gas masks to give to everyone still inside?

That couldn't take too long to do.

I dont know anything about nerve agents but cant it be absorbed through the skin? I assume gas would need to be inhaled and liquid through skin but who knows.

Jack was in it in the mall and was fine so I dont know why they cant run gas masks in :lol

Lefty

How are they going to give them the gas masks? There stuck in one area and to get it to them would result in opening the door, handing out gas masks that could then be contaminated with contact with the air(could that actually happen? I may have made that up :lol ) Anyway it is more suspenful if they have to escape so I take escape

Kuroyume

Banned
Gas masks development since has mirrored the development of chemical agents in warfare, filling the need to protect against ever more deadly threats, biological weapons, and radioactive dust in the nuclear era. However, where agents that cause harm through contact or penetration of the skin occurs, such as blister agent or nerve agent, a gas mask alone is not sufficient protection, and full protective clothing must be worn in addition, to protect contact from the atmosphere.

from wikipedia

.... Which is why I think it's silly for people to be bringing up Jets that shouldn't have missles or the fallacies of key cards.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Sean said:
What? Did I completely miss that part? When was he told that?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Teh Hamburglar said:
Bill told him they'd been able to trace the terrorist hierarchy up to Henderson.
Ah, ok, I thought he meant that he was told Henderson killed her personally. I was thinking, "How'd I miss that?"

goodcow

gblues said:

Nathan

Lynn's card gave him "UNRESTRICTED ACCESS" according to the swipe in, so why would they need to do any cursory inspections for such a person?

Now, once Lynn was taken out of power, his card should've been deactivated, however, it can be argued he wasn't formally taken out of power by say, Division, and therefore his status was really just in limbo at the moment. Prior heads of CTU were outright fired or replaced by somebody higher in the chain of command and then had their cards taken away.

gblues

Banned
goodcow said:
Lynn's card gave him "UNRESTRICTED ACCESS" according to the swipe in, so why would they need to do any cursory inspections for such a person?

Now, once Lynn was taken out of power, his card should've been deactivated, however, it can be argued he wasn't formally taken out of power by say, Division, and therefore his status was really just in limbo at the moment. Prior heads of CTU were outright fired or replaced by somebody higher in the chain of command and then had their cards taken away.

Ah, I didn't see the "Unrestricted Access" flash on the screen. But still, the original point stands: a magnetic swipe card doesn't have enough storage space to store a photograph, and any security system not designed by morons is going to keep the original photo in a secure database and simply query that database when the card is swiped.

But then CTU security wears red shirts so it's pretty clear that their security system was infact designed by morons.

Nathan

goodcow

gblues said:
Ah, I didn't see the "Unrestricted Access" flash on the screen. But still, the original point stands: a magnetic swipe card doesn't have enough storage space to store a photograph, and any security system not designed by morons is going to keep the original photo in a secure database and simply query that database when the card is swiped.

But then CTU security wears red shirts so it's pretty clear that their security system was infact designed by morons.

Nathan

Okay, first of all, how do you know the magnetic swipe can't hold more data? Even if, in real life it can't, in the 24 universe it's always been able to... that's what episodes one or two from season one were about, the fact that one agent found that the keycard's magnetic swipe had data on it about a plot to kill Palmer, and since it's a keycard, it can be brought in and out of restricted areas with no scrutiny.

MIMIC

Banned
gblues said:

Nathan

SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF! HERE IS SOME HELIUM, SIR!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Yeah, let's not forget that in 24's world, they are several years into the future by now. I've always used that to let myself believe they have all these fancy high-tech devices.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
I missed the 2 hour special last night and just got caught up.....

Edgar :(

On a funny note though.

Jack: Bitch please, go find another way out!
Edgar comes
Jack: OMG!!!!!!!!!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Tenacious-V said:
On a funny note though.

Jack: Bitch please, go find another way out!
Edgar comes
Jack: OMG!!!!!!!!!
Heh, yeah, that had me rolling.

On another note, I really hate that I have no one outside of this forum to talk about this show with. I was dying to talk about these last two episodes with someone at work, but none of my coworkers watch the show. Anyone interested doesn't seem to have the time and/or commitment.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
seeing it again, gotta hand it to edgar, everyone else was panicing, screaming for their lives.

Edgar said 1 word and died. no screaming, no begging, no crying. Edgar was one tough bastard.

gblues

Banned
goodcow said:
Okay, first of all, how do you know the magnetic swipe can't hold more data? Even if, in real life it can't, in the 24 universe it's always been able to... that's what episodes one or two from season one were about, the fact that one agent found that the keycard's magnetic swipe had data on it about a plot to kill Palmer, and since it's a keycard, it can be brought in and out of restricted areas with no scrutiny.

Even if we pretend that a swipe card can hold enough data (according to a quick google search, a magnetic strip holds about 200 bytes. source (pdf)), there's still the fact that the security system should be pulling the photo from a database--even for easy on-screen comparison to what is stored on the card.

It doesn't change the fact that CTU's security is in fact run and designed by morons.

CloudNL

This was the OMGWTFBBQ episode.

But, just wait because the writers will go to new levels.

Nobody
is save and major characters will die. You will hate TerrorRobo forever!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I was kinda disapointed that Edgar didnt die in a more heroic way, i was hoping he would throw himself into the ventilation fan to stop it or engulf the canister in his belly or something :'(

MIMIC

Banned
Ghost said:
I was kinda disapointed that Edgar didnt die in a more heroic way, i was hoping he would throw himself into the ventilation fan to stop it or engulf the canister in his belly or something :'(

OMG! :lol :lol :lol :lol

woodchuck

Ikse said:
Anywhere I can see the trailer for next weeks ep?

There's a link in the first post.

I saw the preview again. McGill is still alive. When Jack says, "I need help", he is holding a body. I couldn't tell who it was. Maybe Tony?

Cherubae

Monday night I dreamed that Henderson and I were snipers and we shot Edger in the head from another building. Then Henderson gave me an engagement ring that looked like something Cobra Commandor would have.

:'( Edger

Maybe he telepathically inherited special nuclear powers from his mom last season, which allowed him to survive the gas! Edger can't be dead :'(

MIMIC

Banned
Just rewatched the episode.

Still amazing that Edgar is actually dead. And I just realized where that beeping sound during the evacuation is familiar: during that first place in Halo 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom