• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"24" || Day 5 || 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (Episodes 11 & 12) *BONUS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
marvelharvey said:
From IMDB:

The character Ryan Chappelle was killed off during the 6:00-7:00 a.m. episode. Paul Schulze, the actor who plays the role, has said in interviews that his death was supposed to be faked. But the writers changed the scene around when it appeared on a spoiler website called 'Ryan's Report'.

Wow. I never heard that before. I'm really glad they went that way, since that was arguably the most powerful episode of the season.

Amir0x said:
Although the season itself wasn't great, I still think this is one of the best episodes of all 24.
Easily.

I dare someone to find a 2 shows better than Prison Break and 24. Please, dont even think about mentioning that redundant island show.

24 is on its own level right now. I dont remember being so moved during a TV series.

Diablos

jobber said:
sucks for them...why would they even bother opening this thread??

Honestly, I'm just trying to be nice. Yeah, they shouldn't, but we human beings tend to be curious about things when we shouldn't, and if taking the extra few seconds to type spoiler tags prevents me from ruining the show for someone, I'll do it.

Sean

Banned
While the Mason and Chapelle deaths were awesome, both of them knew that they were going to die well ahead of time and had a chance to give their goodbyes and such.

Edgar on the other hand got to say just one word before dying in front of all of his co-workers/friends. And right before that he probably felt guilty about Carries death. And before that he almost got fired and before that he realized that his secret crush Chloe hooked up with Spencer, etc etc.. He's had a pretty shitty day in both seasons he was in.

Joe

how were tonights episodes? i have it recorded but wont watch til tomorrow or the next day, im just wondering if i should be excited or not.

Joe said:
how were tonights episodes? i have it recorded but wont watch til tomorrow or the next day, im just wondering if i should be excited or not.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

(that means YES)

*********************************SPOILER*************************************

Best part of the show tonight was......
down below

**SPOILER**
jackownsbig.gif

AniHawk

Better than season one. FAR better than season one. Didn't know that could happen. Season 4 was close for me, but it fell apart near the end.

Edgar dying was completely unexpected. :(

Kuroyume

Banned

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
AniHawk said:
Better than season one. FAR better than season one. Didn't know that could happen. Season 4 was close for me, but it fell apart near the end.

For me, it can't top season 1 because the first half of this season just hasn't been that great. Season 1 was great pretty much the whole way through for the exact reasons goodcow mentioned earlier (more character driven story that made you really feel for them, etc). I don't know what it is with 24, but it seems to me they've only ever had strong "half" seasons after season 1.

The show is making a huge turn around with the 2 eps tonight, though. I would say they are of season 1 caliber. Edgar's death was sad, but I don't think it beats out Terri, Chapelle, or Mason. Chapelle's death really tore me up because of how cold it was.

BuddyC

No more 24 spoiler avatars folks, be considerate of our UK crew!

By the way, did anyone catch the Green Lantern reference last night? Hal Gardener, heh.

HOLY SHIT! That's all I could say after watching, my god, the 2nd episode was one of the greatest episodes of 24 ever! I love the
Chappel
episdoe, it was also amazing, but damn if this episode doesnt come near it's level of greatness.

My god
Poor Edgar, I didnt even realize so many people here hated him, that was so well done, so sad, and I could be wrong, I rewatched that part about 3 times, but couldent decide, but it looked like Chloe mouthed something to Edgar, it might have just been her lip quivering or something, but the first time I watched I almost though she mouthed "I love you" and if it wasnt that maybe "I'm sorry"? I dunno

The shooting of the wife, my god, Jack is the greatest man who ever lived
on TV, too bad he's not real :(

Next week will be amazing too I am sure, and I have thus far avoided watching the preview, but thanks to some of you basterds on here I might as well watch it now :lol

EDIT: Oh and Kim's return was great, good scene between her and Jack, and MAN did I want Jack to show Barry how those who mess with Bauer dont do it a second time,
Unless your Nina, or Marwan, or bah, you get the idea.

~Black Deatha

I cant wait for season 6. CTU is under attack from all the dead people who have died in CTU.

Jack Bauer vs Paranormal! His weapons are useless

Any why are we STILL using spoiler tags?

Teh Hamburglar said:
I cant wait for season 6. CTU is under attack from all the dead people who have died in CTU.

it makes people feel important P.S. NINA IS THE MOLE

Darko

Teh Hamburglar said:

Zombie Palmer FTW!

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
My god
Poor Edgar, I didnt even realize so many people here hated him, that was so well done, so sad, and I could be wrong, I rewatched that part about 3 times, but couldent decide, but it looked like Chloe mouthed something to Edgar, it might have just been her lip quivering or something, but the first time I watched I almost though she mouthed "I love you" and if it wasnt that maybe "I'm sorry"? I dunno

It looked like to me she simply said "Edgar..." I didn't hate Edgar, he was the lovable nerd to me, I was sad to see him go out like that. My wife was one of the ones happy to see him go, though

Easily the best episodes of 24, to me.

Boogie

Teh Hamburglar said:

Because people are retarded and can't understand simple guidelines that we've had in place for over three years?

Eh, better to err on the side of caution than the other way around.

Phoenix

Boogie said:
Because people are retarded and can't understand simple guidelines that we've had in place for over three years?

Spoiler tag that shit!

yoshifumi

Banned
those episodes were awesome
you could totally see jack shooting the guy's wife in the leg coming, but still...fucking awesome, what a badass.

also, edgar's death was really sad, despite my not really liking him normally. it was really well done, and tastefully, because he wasn't thrashing around like a fish like all the other dying people...he kind of just started coughing and then fell over.

Matlock

Banned
Boogie said:

talk about what's already happened = no spoilers
talk about things revealed by promos that hasn't happened = spoilers
rampant jackassy speculation = no spoilers
peter stormare = no spoilers, vee dub y'all

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
bah, i'm pissed at the weak excuse of what happened with chase. i guess he didnt want to return and thats the last we'll hear of him? i thought he and jack worked well together, but i guess curtis is filling that role nowadays anyways.

Darko

op_ivy said:
bah, i'm pissed at the weak excuse of what happened with chase. i guess he didnt want to return and thats the last we'll hear of him? i thought he and jack worked well together, but i guess curtis is filling that role nowadays anyways.

Nah, writers decision... I doubt chase would agree to star in the 24 Video Game and turn down the show...

Chase was supposed to die in Season 3 anyways, the only reason they didn't kill him off is that it was leaked to a spoiler website

The first episode was boring and formulaic and made me reconsider for the first time this season why I watch this show. The second episode put those thoughts to rest.

Yeah, I thought the first episode was so-so (outside of shooting the wife). I was thinking afterwards that they may have decided to make this a "bonus" 2-episode week because the first episode was fairly ho-hum while the second was rockin'

Darko

GitarooMan said:
Yeah, I thought the first episode was so-so (outside of shooting the wife). I was thinking afterwards that they may have decided to make this a "bonus" 2-episode week because the first episode was fairly ho-hum while the second was rockin'

ORLY

MIMIC

Banned
op_ivy said:

I was kinda looking forward to seeing Chase
nub
and all :)

Teh Hamburglar said:
I think the boyfriend is there specifically to throw us off the track. I think I've discovered who is going to die next.

Apparently Kim Raver, Audrey, is due to co-star in the NBC pilot "Without a Trace". Who knows it that has anything to do with anything. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060222/tv_nm/pilots_dc

I don't think I could take that so soon after Edgar, but that would make sense if they move the show overseas next season and have an all-new cast aside from Jack.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
EDGAR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He never got into chloe's g-string thong :sob

Totally soured the return of kim.

BTW can someone make a gif of kims reaction to being told Jack is still alive? It was so awful it made me burst out in hysterics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom