• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

spookyfish

24: Solitary, a ten minute short starring Tony Almeida, taking place after S9. Its on the Blu Ray.

http://www.24spoilers.com/2014/08/21/tony-almeida-24-solitary-photo-details/

It will explain what happened since his arrest in S7 and is rumoured to have hints of a possible Season 10 - its advertised as a "bridge scene" so its a good chance.

OH yes. Awesome. I knew the producers met with Carlos Bernard, but I just didn't think anything came of it.

I'm in.

Fevaweva

OMGWTFBBQ Tony is back?

Shit man. My hype levels exploded...I hope there is a season 10 in the same style as season 9. Some of the best TV I have seen for a while.

Rich!

Tony Almeida being given a deal to go on a suicide mission to rescue Bauer from Russia would be an ideal setup for a S10

First few eps would be the break out in russia, and then a timejump to action in the US

Tony Almeida being given a deal to go on a suicide mission to rescue Bauer from Russia would be an ideal setup for a S10

First few eps would be the break out in russia, and then a timejump to action in the US
I've been thinking it'll be something along those lines ever since they announced the scene. Like, Jack only gave himself up on the condition they release Tony to come get him.

B4D1E

I hope it will give us some hints to get some answers after the end of season 9. Because they can't let us hanging like that.

I can't wait to see Tony in action... again!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well, early scouting for LAD started in late November, and filming didn't start until mid January, for a May premiere. It feasibly could come back at the same time, or get pushed to later in the summer/fall/winter.

But it might be a year or more before they get back to it (if ever).

Rich!

Thing is they announced it May of last year. I'm starting to get worried.

Whats stopping FOX from scheduling it later in 2015 rather than May? They could be waiting until the scene on the Bluray is released to announce anything.

Being a 12 episode event series makes it a hell of a lot easier to shift around various times of the year.

Whats stopping FOX from scheduling it later in 2015 rather than May? They could be waiting until the scene on the Bluray is released to announce anything.

Being a 12 episode event series makes it a hell of a lot easier to shift around various times of the year.

This is true. They could also want to change it to not being an off season show after seeing how successful it was, pushing it to Fall 2015.

strafer

24-Solitary-Tony-Almeida-Carlos-Bernard.jpg

This is the most awesome Tony has ever looked.

They said long before LAD premiered that 24 wasn't coming back as a regular yearly series. They said if it came back again it would be as an occasional "special event" type thing. So any continuation, if there is one, could be in '16, '17 or whenever.

123rl

It almost seems too easy and perfect for a setup but I don't care.
Almeida is sent to retrive Jack in Russia. Jack and Almeida kill every terrorist and escape back to America. Time skip and now someone is setting attacks off in *insert new city* to lure Bauer out and to hand himself over to the authorities

I don't care how it happens. I just want more fucking 24!

Vally

Nice!

It's been eight years already since season 7? I thought there was at most a couple of years gap between S7 and S8, and S9 is 4 years later. That would mean this is 2 years or so after LAD.

(I probably shouldn't try to make sense out of the 24 timeline anyway)

Nice!

It's been eight years already since season 7? I thought there was at most a couple of years gap between S7 and S8, and S9 is 4 years later. That would mean this is 2 years or so after LAD.

(I probably shouldn't try to make sense out of the 24 timeline anyway)

Yeah but if you see it as a prequel to season 10 it makes sense. ;-)

I still sort of wish they hadn't killed Michelle how they did, considering they never really found a place to follow it up properly with Tony in Season 5 and then to me it fell a bit flat in Season 7.

Still, better than the original intended suicide for her in Season 4, I guess. Her days were numbered as soon as they were talked out of that, I guess, they'd already decided she was done.

Every character arc on this show is pretty botched seeing as they didn't really plan it out. Just gotta roll with it.

I think often it comes with changing plans, too. I think though I never quite liked the idea of her committing suicide, if Michelle had in Season 4, it would've paved the way for a similar-but-different Tony storyline in Season 5 and on, presuming he survived the bomb, which was always their intention. But I suppose the 'everybody who knows Jack is alive dying' thing would be damaged then, as only Palmer would actually die - Tony would scrape through and Chloe would escape entirely. Michelle was needed there as a sacrificial lamb.

The original plan in Series 4 was for when Mandy faked the car bomb and Michelle thought Tony was dead, she was going to not be able to live with the guilt of 'selling him out' by bringing Bill, Jack, Curtis etc in on it. She'd go out to her car and shoot herself, right before Bill and the others actually figure out Tony is alive, which then of course leaves Tony bereft. Reiko Aylesworth didn't like the idea of her committing suicide and talked them out of it, but ultimately she only lived for another 4 episodes or so after that anyway. It was a last-minute rewrite. Like, the scene where she would've done it is still there, her in her car, except now it's Bill calling her to tell her they've found Tony rather than Bill calling her and the phone ringing out while she sits lifelessly next to it.

I get home today and what should I find?

OH HI THERE

About to fire this badboy up now and see Tony "Batman-as-shit" Almeida being badass.

Only thing better than 24 is early-24.

EDIT: nice alternate cover

EDIT2: WHAAAAAAAAT THE FUUUUUCK. Everybody pay close attention towards the end.
Especially the acting credits.

Rich!

I get home today and what should I find?

OH HI THERE

About to fire this badboy up now and see Tony "Batman-as-shit" Almeida being badass.

Only thing better than 24 is early-24.

EDIT: nice alternate cover

EDIT2: WHAAAAAAAAT THE FUUUUUCK. Everybody pay close attention towards the end.
Especially the acting credits.

Details please!

Truthfully, I'm sure it's not more than a nod to the fans, just an easter egg sort of thing. Still it was awesome

*WARNING SPOILERS*

to have Xander Berkeley back on 24 (in some capacity, anyways).

liquidtmd

Banned
zombie Tony teaches Mason the secret of resurrecting himself after suffering radiation poisoning and driving a plane with a nuke into the desert on a quest of vengeance and saving Bauer? or possibly a producer credit - with 24 you don't know which is more plausible

To clarify further, should anyone want to know:

Even a short 8 minutes of 24 will have conspiracy, and one of the characters in the short (a Stargate Atlantis Teyla-lookalike, continuing LAD's theme of bootleg versions of characters from other shows) is seen speaking on the phone about conspiratorial machinations, with the voice at the end of the line being none other than Xander Berkeley. The credits confirm this.

liquidtmd

Banned

Even a short 8 minutes of 24 will have conspiracy, and one of the characters in the short (a Stargate Atlantis Teyla-lookalike, continuing LAD's theme of bootleg versions of characters from other shows) is seen speaking on the phone about conspiratorial machinations, with the voice at the end of the line being none other than Xander Berkeley. The credits confirm this.

IN LEAGUE WITH ROBO-LOGAN!!!!!

WAT
Resurrecting Tony was a stretch, but that?!

idon'tbelieveyou.gif

Top Bottom