• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

270 to win: Post your Election predictions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
QZv4RGk.png

I love this picture so much
jDvqE9a.gif

Betty

Banned
How fucked is the world if Trump wins?

Lots of initial panic followed by crashing stock markets or falling value of the dollar.

He basically fails to do any of the things he promised mostly the building of a wall and fixing everything from the economy to jobs and makes bad decisions non stop until the end of his term.

Also racist attacks and groups will be empowered bigly.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm not so sure about crashing stock markets. Maybe short term dips in particular industries that fear his outsourcing tax. I think it's more likely that the market will be glad that the election is over with, and reflect that certainty as such.

d1rtn4p

I'm not so sure about crashing stock markets. Maybe short term dips in particular industries that fear his outsourcing tax. I think it's more likely that the market will be glad that the election is over with, and reflect that certainty as such.

All signs are pointing to a depression within the next couple of years anyway, so I'm not sure it would even matter at this point.

Sean C

The uncertainty about the election will be replaced with the certainty that the president is an erratic moron with no knowledge of public policy nor any inclination to listen to people who have such knowledge.

Addnan

I tried.

VNYP3.png

I don't understand you Americans. Trying to imagine anything other than this in any other country.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'll just play it safe and trust in the polls, with the sole exception of North Carolina where the voter suppression is scaring me.

Hillary is definitely going to win, but I sadly see Trump doing better than Romney. I guess that would mean more dog whistling politics from the Republican party if he does much better than Romney.

Ekai

My dream scenario is not a Drumpf blowout, but a narrow victory where the Democrats win the swing states with high latino populations, but he still wins because of white labor Democrats in the midwest completely rejecting Hillary Clinton.

I think that outcome sends the best message.

The message that a racist xenophobic etc. etc. fascist dictator in the making is the wet-dream of shitbags? Everyone already knows this.

Ekai

I've tried before, Garrett. I'm aware of their claimed irrational fear about "Hillary taking our guns!" among a lot of other stuff. I honestly feel sorry for TA in some ways. In others though they want to damn other trans-individuals because they don't accept themselves so......yea. : /
Not really worth discussing.

My map:
7LxDW.png

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Pretty by the numbers. Too many Latinos in FL, but not enough to flip AZ. Michigan goes blue as polling suggests. The South including NC stays red. Penn and Ohio split blue/red respectively.

Very much close, but not that close. Basically no surprises.

*Edit: Was lazy and forgot to flip Utah to neutral and split the vote in NE.

I am fully admitting that this is a bullish map, but I think there are a lot of Latinx in swing-states being under-reported here. Clinton has way more headroom than Trump (That Bum) has. We will see tomorrow night how this all shakes out, but I desperately want a >350 EV win.

Clinton_Trump_2016_Final_Map.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom