• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 arrested for trashing Trump supporters sign, pulling gun on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/31419153/update-3-arrested-for-pulling-gun-on-donald-trump-supporter

He believes everyone should stand up for what they believe; little did he know it would lead to an armed stand-off.

On Tuesday, he says three people walked by his yard and apparently didn't like who he believed in.

One man snatched Grant's Trump for President yard sign and threw it into the steert.

Grant was outside when it happened, and had words for the trio.

“I said you got one choice. Come and fix this sign!” said Grant.

Grant says he wasn't going to let the men get away without putting his sign back, but the two adult males and teenager became aggressive.

“He said you are about to get a cap popped in your a**! Then he started patting his stomach and then showed a handgun,” said Grant.

Grant says his neighbor who lives across the street had his back the whole time.

“The neighbor was standing out here beside his driveway and sees the man pull the gun out. My neighbor looks at me dead in the eye and say: "I got you, hang on." He runs in the house and comes back out with his pistol and says: "Nobody is shooting him" said Grant.

The men fled, but not without having final words.

“Saying Spanish words. I don't know what they were saying!” said Grant.

Their actions caught up with them and Dalton police found the trio afterward on Avenue E.

They now sit behind bars with a laundry list of charges.

“The person who picked up the sign is charged with trespassing. That’s for damaging the sign. The gentleman with the gun is facing an aggravated assault charge,” said Grant.

Mauricio Rodriguez, Hector Ayala, and Alexander Moreno were all charged with violation of Georgia’s Criminal Street Gang Act.

This election season is going to be balls to the wall crazy.

Their point of the second amendment is that we have a right to bear arms against our government if it becomes tyrannical. At least that is how I interpret it.

Do you know what an amendment is? It's a change. If you can change to constitution to allow bearing firearms it can just as easily be changed to not allow them. How about just make a 28th amendment that states 'the government is not allowed to become tyrannical, and people are not allowed to own guns.' Hence, there would be no reason to have a 2nd amendment.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Do you know what an amendment is? It's a change. If you can change to constitution to allow bearing firearms it can just as easily be changed to not allow them. How about just make a 28th amendment that states 'the government is not allowed to become tyrannical, and people are not allowed to own guns.' Hence, there would be no reason to have a 2nd amendment.

What's the plan for the millions of guns already owned and in circulation? Liberals make this sound way easier than it would be to actually pull off.

King_Moc

Banned
Their point of the second amendment is that we have a right to bear arms against our government if it becomes tyrannical. At least that is how I interpret it.

So why are the gun lovers voting in their droves for the candidate that's most likely to be a tyrant?

What's the plan for the millions of guns already owned and in circulation? Liberals make this sound way easier than it would be to actually pull off.

Enforce the law I guess. Obviously don't invade people's privacy, but if a person is reported to the police/authorities as owning a gun and the police have probable cause to exercise a search warrant they can seize said weapon and levy hefty penalties/jail time to people illegally owning firearms. How are other laws enforced?

Clydefrog

Picture of the perps:

4BsYa6K.jpg

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Enforce the law I guess. Obviously don't invade people's privacy, but if a person is reported to the police/authorities as owning a gun and the police have probable cause to exercise a search warrant they can seize said weapon and levy hefty penalties/jail time to people illegally owning firearms. How are other laws enforced?

300 million+ guns are legally in circulation. You expect people to just hand them over after paying tons of money for them? It's not realistic and nobody relevant in politics is even pushing for it.

They cause far more problems than they solve, if you can't admit that then you need to rethink your priorities.

I'm very much in favor for stricter gun control in the US, I live in MA where we have an insane amount of restrictions on weapons, for example we have a magazine size cap, but that doesn't really matter when the next state over doesn't, which is why we need federal laws to apply to the entire country.

But I'm not about to demand that the entire country get rid of all of it's guns, because saying so is not a solution to the problem because it's a non-starter.

I understand why people don't like guns, I'm indifferent. I've shot a few in my life, but people who scream "omg gun owners are crazy" are part of the problem in terms of the current state of gun control talk, it's not helping the huge gap between the NRA nuts and the completely anti-gun wing of the argument.

300 million+ guns are legally in circulation. You expect people to just hand them over after paying tons of money for them? It's not realistic and nobody relevant in politics is even pushing for it.

I didn't say "just hand them in". I said, buy them back. The fact is, if people are breaking the law, it is not unrealistic to enforce said laws. How is it illegal to drive and talk on a cell phone when so many people own vehicles and cell phones? It just is and those laws do get enforced. Anyway...I don't really care. It's your country and your future. I just hope you guys see how horribly your current gun laws are ruining life for so many people down there.

ElRenoRaven

This election is fucking awful.

It really is. Trump is feeding into this hateful group of people and just making them more bold. It's actually pretty fucking scary. What does it say about us as a people when politics drives people to attack people, spew hateful and violent words, and hell even attack people like Gabby Gifford was. I just don't get it. I mean yea we may not agree but the other side isn't HItler. I see people and I'm guilty of this too of labeling people from the other side as hitler or like him.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just getting old. I just don't understand it anymore.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I for some reason didn't forsee this thread turning into a gun debate thread but about how there s legitimate bad blood between people who support Trump and people who don't and how this is probably pretty big as far as elections go

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Sure. Which 2/3 of Congress do you think is going to propose the amendment?

egruntz

shelaughz
I for some reason didn't forsee this thread turning into a gun debate thread but about how there s legitimate bad blood between people who support Trump and people who don't and how this is probably pretty big as far as elections go

That was why I entered the thread too. Then that first post. Moreover, the posts that acknowledged it.

RPGCrazied

I loathe Trump and his supporters, but violence or threats isn't the answer, and now you have to pay for your crimes.

jackdoe

I didn't say "just hand them in". I said, buy them back. The fact is, if people are breaking the law, it is not unrealistic to enforce said laws. How is it illegal to drive and talk on a cell phone when so many people own vehicles and cell phones? It just is and those laws do get enforced. Anyway...I don't really care. It's your country and your future. I just hope you guys see how horribly your current gun laws are ruining life for so many people down there.
Does your country prohibit all forms of gun ownership? If not, is it in the process of doing so? And if not, how realistic is it to push forth an agenda to ban gun ownership and buy back the weapons from citizens using federal money collected from taxes?

This election is crazy. I feel like no matter who wins, we are getting scarily close to another assassination attempt. Every single candidate is just so polarizing. It's sad that hilary is the least polarizing of the candidates.

Dishwalla

Banned
This election is crazy. I feel like no matter who wins, we are getting scarily close to another assassination attempt. Every single candidate is just so polarizing. It's sad that hilary is the least polarizing of the candidates.

Why did you edit whatever that post was that your tag linked to? So weak.

Now the narrative of people being persecuted for supporting Trump begins. Very relatable in evangelicals minds because evangelicals always feel like they are being persecuted. This will only bump Trumps numbers.

Gutek

You forgot John Kasich.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

First of all you never said that, and secondly now you're talking about a HUGELY expensive operation. Paying people for hundreds of millions of guns, and disposing of them.

I am all for stricter regulations, and maybe even some kind of federal law about what is and what isn't legal across the entire country. Repealing the 2nd amendment is just entirely unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom