• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360: New Dash Beta Sign-ups.

Lima

This is so fucking awesome.

I buy 4200 points on ebay for 36€ and they convert them to 50,40€.

Fuck yeah. Up to 271€ on my account now. Free money right there lol.

Disappointing UK is getting screwed on the points conversion to currency. Had a feeling we would, we've had it pretty great the past few years.

Ah well...

Converted my 1,160 MSP (about $14.50) to...well, $14.50.

.....If I STILL have to spend $5 just to have it so I can get 50 cents added to get a $15 game (mainly Ducktales Remastered), I'm gonna be annoyed. Nintendo & Sony still allow you to add the exact needed funds.

well, this one really isn't on them... if they let you add just 50 cents, they would be losing money after CC fees.

Converted my 1,160 MSP (about $14.50) to...well, $14.50.

.....If I STILL have to spend $5 just to have it so I can get 50 cents added to get a $15 game (mainly Ducktales Remastered), I'm gonna be annoyed. Nintendo & Sony still allow you to add the exact needed funds.

Sony only does if the transaction is over $5 though.

Vorundor

Sweet, I like these betas. However, I would like it if they had an option to select to be part of all beats going forward. I sign up every time and get it but I would much rather have an auto opt in option.

Allforce

Do you guys remember when that one dashboard beta got you a free copy of Halo: Reach? Good times..

I still have that copy they mailed out that won't work on 360 anymore. They gave everyone who got it a free GoD version after that which I also received.

I figure the disc might be some crazy collectable one day for a die-hard Halo fan.

Does anyone have a direct link to the private beta forum? I want to give some feedback (my games of Gears 3 are constantly laggy despite no-one else using the internet and it was fine earlier) but when I click on Major Nelson's link it just redirects me to nothing.

Ah my bad I missed it, thanks!

I'm willing to bet your laggy games on Gears 3 have nothing to do with the dashboard. Gears has horrible net code.

I don't know what it was like at launch, but having been playing it a ton recently I've had literally no problems, I did play the first one online the other day just to relive the glory days and it was fucking terrible, haha. I wasn't having any issues pre-beta update, hopefully it is just an issue on my end and it fixes itself though.

The Microsoft Points that were converted can be used on Windows Phone 8 if you change the payment method to the Microsoft Account.

Lima

WOW, they added automatic background downloads for updates for games. That makes me extremely happy.

Not background downloads. You just don't have to confirm you want to update anymore if you start a game or an app that has an update.

Still pretty cool.

Ghazi

Not background downloads. You just don't have to confirm you want to update anymore if you start a game or an app that has an update.

Still pretty cool.

Really? That's a small letdown but it's nice that is in anyway because I constantly press the guide button when opening games and accidentally click no, disconnecting me from live.

Also, I feel really bad for all the people getting burned by the currency transition, lots of people complaining about it on their official forums.

Aspiring

Has anyone else's xbox live gone really slow? It won't let me download any apps, recommendations are coming up slow and game downloads are slower than usual. It's not my end as I can stream TV and movies fine through the Xbox it's just downloading things through Xbox live.

beastworship

Neo Member
Has anyone else's xbox live gone really slow? It won't let me download any apps, recommendations are coming up slow and game downloads are slower than usual. It's not my end as I can stream TV and movies fine through the Xbox it's just downloading things through Xbox live.

xbox live on the whole has been slow for me for some time. maybe since the last dash update. so while i can't speak to this particular slice of time being slow i can say it's snail like from logging in to downloading to playing, for me at least.

Ghazi

That's been a common problem it seems and my live seems to have had a bit of a slowdown as well. Hoping they'll have it resolved soon since the final build will release to everyone sometime next month, supposedly.

Aspiring

That's been a common problem it seems and my live seems to have had a bit of a slowdown as well. Hoping they'll have it resolved soon since the final build will release to everyone sometime next month, supposedly.

Ok thanks for this. Really annoying as I just want to download some things. Hopefully they fix it soon!

malfcn

When the last Dashboard came out people said they reformatted their HDD and got fast improvements. I have 100GB+ stuff that I don't want to deal with storing while I nuke it.

People with slowdowns: Re-download your gamer profile. This worked MAGIC for me a few weeks ago. I had a 120MB profile and EVERYTHING was taking forever to display in dash (for years actually). We're talking minutes to show achievements, game library, etc. As soon as I re-downloaded my profile from Live, the size went down to about 10MB and everything became SUPER FAST again. I didn't lose anything.

Kajiba

Huh this is wierd. My tenure jump from 8 years to 9 years when I did the update lol. And I'm pretty sure its in november when my year goes up.

Ghazi

Huh this is wierd. My tenure jump from 8 years to 9 years when I did the update lol. And I'm pretty sure its in november when my year goes up.

I would get that checked out, a friend of mine got permed for a glitched tenure and they never unbanned him.

Holy cow guys.... EVERYTHING in the marketplace is now technically 1 cent cheaper. A former 800 point ($10) arcade game is now $9.99 for example. How can Microsoft be so generous?

I'm being a little sarcastic, but still, over millions of content items, that's one hell of a chunk of change.

The Microsoft Points that were converted can be used on Windows Phone 8 if you change the payment method to the Microsoft Account.

So wait... I'm getting a WP8 in the mail tomorrow. I just got $4.00 deposited. Are you saying the 291 points I had previously will still be usable to buy WP8 content without affecting my $4.00 deposit? That would be pretty sweet.

Lima

So wait... I'm getting a WP8 in the mail tomorrow. I just got $4.00 deposited. Are you saying the 291 points I had previously will still be usable to buy WP8 content without affecting my $4.00 deposit? That would be pretty sweet.

No. You can use that $4 credit to buy WP8 apps and games though.

npa189

They think they are apple with these updates each year. Haven't used the 360 since halo 4 was the jam for two week in November, but I avoided the dashboard as much as possible because its slow as hell and full of ads now, oh and I let my gold go too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder what the conversion rate for the remaining point cards will be. I suppose they all have face value now though.

They think they are apple with these updates each year. Haven't used the 360 since halo 4 was the jam for two week in November, but I avoided the dashboard as much as possible because its slow as hell and full of ads now, oh and I let my gold go too.

I don't think updating their dashboard is trying to be like anybody. They're trying to make things better and fix stuff. It's no different than Sony updating theirs.

I'm glad we get updates. Downloading mine as I type.

Krilekk

Banned
So 800 points turn into $10 or 10€ depending on where you live. I do wonder however what happens if you switch regions with an account. Do the 10€ turn into $12.78? Should make for some creative solutions for Americans, create a mainland Europe account, fill it up with UK point codes which cost 17€ instead of 25€, change region to US and get 25% free money due to exchange rate.

Top Bottom