• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Mark releases new DX 12 benchmark - TimeSpy

unbenannt00swb.png

Core i7 930 @ 4.2 Ghz
Titan X @ 1429 Mhz and 4001 mhz on the VRAM

Not bad I must say... but I really need to upgrade this CPU at some point...

Arulan

unbenannt00swb.png

Core i7 930 @ 4.2 Ghz

Keep the 930 alive!

I just upgraded from the 920. What an amazing CPU that was. I was going to benchmark that system to see where it fell, but it's not on Windows 10.

Parsnip

6CRa4hd.jpg

Seems correct, no overclocks. Once upon a time I had some issues with CPU scores due to a bios bug (I think) but I think that looks right.

Code:
3DMark Score
Graphics Score
CPU Score
Graphics Test 1
38.62 fps
Graphics Test 2
33.63 fps
CPU Test
11.19 fps

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/36070

Such a great idea for a bench setting by the way.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
60% off is decent. Finally picked this up.

unbenannt00swb.png

Core i7 930 @ 4.2 Ghz

Same here. I'm pretty much just taking the 2 x Titan X out of my current PC and making a new build around a 6950x within a month or so. I'm probably getting bottlenecked pretty badly on PCI-E with this 2600k and old motherboard. It's been a long wait...

"Before" - 6220 - http://i.imgur.com/THIgo2j.png
Edit: hang on, 1429MHz? Oops, still had these at the stock 1000, lol. Let me try that again.

kNiinmL.png

A bit better.

Moral of the story is this 2600k isn't holding up as well as I thought it was. Dang.

Seems correct, no overclocks. Once upon a time I had some issues with CPU scores due to a bios bug (I think) but I think that looks right.

Code:
CPU Score
CPU Test
11.19 fps

Huh. Your 4670k performed a decent bit better than my 4690k (also not OC'd). I wonder whats up with my CPU, though at least, unlike my GPU, it's frequency can go pretty high.

DonMigs85

OK, got my results with my i5-4590 and GTX 970.

At stock, I get 3340 points.

Overclocked to the edge of stability (the point just before errors show up) and locking the CPU to 3.7 GHz via multi-core enhancement, I get 3745 points. The GPU ran as high as 1493 MHz in observed clocks; the GPU boost clock was set to 1418 MHz, and the memory clock was set to 7950 MHz (offsets: +165 and +940)

Now I kind of want to run a 1080. Or two.

Try to hold on, remember that Volta and HBM2 will bring significant gainz.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz
16GB DDR4
MSI 980 Ti @ 1316MH(Core) 3506MHz(Mem)

Total Score: 5,489

Graphics score: 5,425
Graphics test 1: 35.75 FPS
Graphics test 2: 30.80 FPS

CPU test: 5,888
CPU test: 19.78 FPS

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13285071?

Your score was invalid for the following reasons
- Time measurement inconsistencies detected during benchmark run. This result is not eligible for Hall of Fame or overclocking contests.

?

Sometimes happens with Windows 8 or later systems. If you see that, run the benchmark again until it doesn't appear.

There also is a bug with SystemInfo in Windows 10 where sometimes it fails and you end up running the benchmark only to end up with no hardware data (and rendering the benchmark invalid).

legend101

i7 4700K @ 4.4GHz
32GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
Asus Gtx Strix 1080 @ 2060MHz(Core) 10400MHz(Mem)

Total Score: 7011

Graphics score: 7717
CPU test: 4619

Still some room for improvement.

U1XQaah.png

Parsnip

Huh. Your 4670k performed a decent bit better than my 4690k (also not OC'd). I wonder whats up with my CPU, though at least, unlike my GPU, it's frequency can go pretty high.

The latest (and last I guess) bios for my gigabyte mobo has this issue that if I have everything in "auto", my uncore/NB frequency (as reported by cpuz in Windows) would be significantly lower than it should be. I don't remember the exact number it was down to, nor do I know what uncore affects exactly, but it would significantly affect my cpu performance.

If I manually set either ram or cpu to the exact same value as the automatic value was, everything's fine and my NB frequency is as it should be and cpu performance is inline with others.

No idea if you have the same issue of course, but it's something to check.

timespylawl52kon.png

Though, I have to say, as great as those raw numbers looked, frametimes were *all* over the place and obvious microstuttering was happening through every graphics test making the perceived smoothness way below the framerates I was reportedly getting.

I'm sure a graphics driver update will fix that, but these raw numbers are mondo misleading.

Still, I'm very happy with this PC I overbuilt in late 2014 and just got to leverage allllll of this power a couple of days back in the Nvidia VR FunHouse demo. The plan was to build something VR ready back in 2014. I'm happy to say I hit that target (but not by as much as you might think).

Oh, and this is at stock clock on my CPU I think. I like to keep it at stock during the summer. I may re run this later over clocked to see if I can push this over 10,000.

cripterion

i7 4790K manually OC @4.4
Palit GTX 1080 GR Premium stock

capturedcran2r3k6m.png

Dunno about what inconsistencies they talking about, I just had upgraded the drivers so maybe that's why? Will try another time with different OC settings.

Just redid the test with slight OC to the card (+96Mhz GPU offset +38hz Memory) , no background apps besides Steam.

capturedcran4a8jzs.png

Justinh

Man, I love these demos. Reminds me of the cool stuff they use to make to show off new graphics cards. Remember those? With like... the fairies and stuff?

Whatever. Those were cool...
zmY50ve.jpg

I was gonna buy a new CPU (6800K) next month, and get the mobo and RAM in September, but I really want a new(er) Blackberry so I think I'm gonna put it off a little further. I miss having one with a keyboard.
Oh yeah: 2500K is at 4.6Ghz.

ZOONAMI

Man, seems like there a huge variance in 1080 scores, some people reporting super minor ocs and getting nearly an extra 1500+ points? What's up with that? Some stock 1080s at 6500 or so. Seems like a ton of variance even with oc when people are getting nearly 8000 with a 1080.

My 1070 was like 5600 gpu score stock iirc and 6,334 graphics score ocd, which is super close to some 1080 scores. So a 900 point gain with a heavy oc (+220 core and +1200mhz memory). Seems like way less swing in the scores. Guess there are a few people with 6500 scores for 1070s but not seeing many. Seeing a lot of 7800+ 1080 scores.

Durante

Man, seems like there a huge variance in 1080 scores, some people reporting super minor ocs and getting nearly an extra 1500+ points? What's up with that? Some stock 1080s at 6500 or so. Seems like a ton of variance even with oc when people are getting nearly 8000 with a 1080.
Are you looking at the graphics scores? Because CPU has a pretty huge impact on the overall score.

As for graphics scores, overclocking is really only a part of what a 1080 will end up clocking at in a benchmark like this. It's a function of power budget, cooling (and therefore also case temperatures), and of course base/OC clocks. Between all of those you can probably get around 400 MHz from the top-end of the OC deck to a default FE in a hot case, and that makes for a difference of ~20%.

ZOONAMI

Are you looking at the graphics scores? Because CPU has a pretty huge impact on the overall score.

As for graphics scores, overclocking is really only a part of what a 1080 will end up clocking at in a benchmark like this. It's a function of power budget, cooling (and therefore also case temperatures), and of course base/OC clocks. Between all of those you can probably get around 400 MHz from the top-end of the OC deck to a default FE in a hot case, and that makes for a difference of ~20%.

Yes, the gpu scores seem to be ranging from 6500 - 8000 roughly. One example in particular was like a +70 core clock and a +38 memory OC and the gpu score was like 7,700. Stock 1080s some are around 6500. Seems crazy to me.

Durante

Yes, the gpu scores seem to be ranging from 6500 - 8000 roughly. One example in particular was like a +70 core clock and a +38 memory OC and the gpu score was like 7,700. Stock 1080s some are around 6500. Seems crazy to me.
+70 core from what though? There are 3rd party designs of the 1080 which boost up to ~2GHz reliably without any additional OC -- they are ~18% faster out of the box than a FE. Add a small additional OC, get 20% total, 6500*1.2=7800, mystery solved?

ZOONAMI

This one:

i7 4790K manually OC @4.4
Palit GTX 1080 GR Premium stock

capturedcran2r3k6m.png

Dunno about what inconsistencies they talking about, I just had upgraded the drivers so maybe that's why? Will try another time with different OC settings.

Just redid the test with slight OC to the card (+96Mhz GPU offset +38hz Memory) , no background apps besides Steam.

capturedcran4a8jzs.png

ZOONAMI

+70 core from what though? There are 3rd party designs of the 1080 which boost up to ~2GHz reliably without any additional OC -- they are ~18% faster out of the box than a FE. Add a small additional OC, get 20% total, 6500*1.2=7800, mystery solved?

Yeah makes sense. Cool, thx for explanation. I guess some of the 1080s really just aren't boosting very high with no OC. I guess about a 1000 point variance for 1070s is about 18%, so not much different.

Top Bottom