• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS release date set at Nov 20th in Japan?

Boney

Banned
Anth0ny said:
1. Super Smash Bros. Melee

2. Resident Evil 4

That's all it ever needed.
This is like so wrong.. yet so right.

Gravijah said:
Hmm. I want NSMBWorld, but I'm expecting a 3D-3D Mario that has a lot of 3D gimmicks.
You can bet your ass we're seeing both.

And VOOK.. I hate you.. :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
UUUUGGHHH

Resident Evil 4 3DS

I already own the game on GameCube and Wii and would still end up buying a third copy.

Fucking Capcom fuck you do ittttt but also fuck you.

Mass Effect 3DS pllleeeaaassseee BioWare.

Boney

Banned
I know it's impossible, but I want them to at least try to 1-up 4.

I've played 4 like 25 times so I really don't wanna buy it again and play it like 5 times at the very least.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gravijah said:
I want them to instead go back to classic RE. RE4 was a fluke.

Which is why it needs to be re-released forever and ever and ever as a constant reminder of its brilliance.

EatChildren

Do we know the ins-and-outs of Nintendo's 3DS event at the end of this month? Eg: location, size, press only, etc.

Does Nintendo intend to simply give out the details on price and launch date, or is it actually a media event with a blowout of game related stuff too?

EatChildren said:
Do we know the ins-and-outs of Nintendo's 3DS event at the end of this month? Eg: location, size, press only, etc.

Does Nintendo intend to simply give out the details on price and launch date, or is it actually a media event with a blowout of game related stuff too?

We don't know yet.
I don't think invitations have even gone out yet.
It'll probably be like how they did in 2007, though.
Do a mini press conference then press hands on of games.

EatChildren said:
UUUUGGHHH

Resident Evil 4 3DS

I already own the game on GameCube and Wii and would still end up buying a third copy.

Fucking Capcom fuck you do ittttt but also fuck you.

Mass Effect 3DS pllleeeaaassseee BioWare.
RE4Wii was the definitive version, there is no need for more. No matter how good it looks in 3D it will never match those controls.

RE:R shall suffice.

Boney

Banned
Ignis Fatuus said:
RE4Wii was the definitive version, there is no need for more. No matter how good it looks in 3D it will never match those controls.

RE:R shall suffice.
It's completely broken on Wii though...

Wii with GC controller on Pro is the definitive version.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Boney said:
I can totally see that. Either I die this weekend or on the 29th.
A month from now in the future you died yesterday, but after tomorrow.
It's completely broken on Wii though...

Wii with GC controller on Pro is the definitive version.
If the reticule on the Wii version was really, really tiny, it might've truly been the best way to play. Of course, people would have problems finding though. It's still awesome with it though.

Salsa

Cant believe so many of you want remakes. Im fine with a couple of them, really, but i dont even praise sequels, and you want remakes ? we need new IPs man.

Boney

Banned
SalsaShark said:
Cant believe so many of you want remakes. Im fine with a couple of them, really, but i dont even praise sequels, and you want remakes ? we need new IPs man.
Well mister, do you want us design our new ip's in this thread?

we're gonna get robbed!

SalsaShark said:

It's not like we won't get new IP's and since REmake i've been itching for a new good old classic RE game, and it's not like RE2 dosn't need a visual upgrade.

Also REmake added so much to the original that almost felt like 2 separate games.

Salsa

Boney said:
Well mister, do you want us design our new ip's in this thread?

we're gonna get robbed!

My point is that im way more excited to see what Nintendo can pull off from scratch for the 3DS.

Snakeyes

SalsaShark said:

What if I want a remake of a game that has never made it stateside, like Persona 2: Innocent Sin?

Mudkips

Banned
Scuba Steve said:
Pre-rendered 3D backgrounds? Uhm I don't think it works like that....maybe I'm wrong

You're wrong.
There's nothing stopping them from doing pre-rendered 3D environments aside from storage capacity.

Boney

Banned
SalsaShark said:
My point is that im way more excited to see what Nintendo can pull off from scratch for the 3DS.
Ok I'll bite.

Uuu I can't wait what Nintendo can pull of from scratch for the 3DS.

The neat thing about pre-rendered backgrounds is that they scale - they really scale. They could do a massively multiplatform version of it - Do a big 1920x1080 version and then scale it down for the Wii, PSP, and 3DS. Use the same backgrounds for each version, but then do 2 sets of character art - one for the PS3/360/PC and one for the three less capable systems. I wonder if they properly kept the assets from RE0 and RE:MAKE..... They'd both have to be rejiggered for 16x9. It also seems like it might be hard to do anything that has a shifting perspective with pre-rendered backgrounds on the 3DS. It could make one's brain hurt.

I'm having a nerdgasm.

EatChildren

Scuba Steve said:
Pre-rendered 3D backgrounds? Uhm I don't think it works like that....maybe I'm wrong

They could work. All the developers would need to do is render each environment snapshot from two different angles, much like how 3D photography already works.

Boney

Banned
SalsaShark said:
Well done boney

now go play REmake
I'm just saying, saying how some of these new features can affect our favourites, seems much more productive.

I'd totally love to see Killer 7 on that. The on rails camara angles would work amazingly well with the 3D screen.

Top Bottom