• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS release date set at Nov 20th in Japan?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Instro said:
Why wouldnt Nintendo let 3rd parties show off 3DS games at TGS, or at least announce titles? Also Level 5's secret title, Time Traveler maybe?
They'll probably show third-party games at their event on the 29th.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Kenka said:
My guess is that Nintendo's next big gun may be called "3DS Mazes" or something like that.

Actually, what genre would profit much from an additional perspective ? Mazes, I think. Maybe Nintendo will take the Rittai Kakushi e Attakoreda route for its first 3DS blockbuster and create something in real 3D. The advantage : it works both in 2D and 3D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAg1s7xfz0&feature=related

too bad Strange Journey didn't do so hot. maybe that other game will fare better

Instro said:
Why wouldnt Nintendo let 3rd parties show off 3DS games at TGS, or at least announce titles? Also Level 5's secret title, Time Traveler maybe?
This reminds me, what happened to Time Travelers? Wasn't it supposed to be unveiled at E3 or something?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
brain_stew said:
It's Ubisoft's Ghost Recon game announced at E3, so like 95% certain that this is Julian Gollop's title, yes. Unless Ubisoft have several turn based strategy games lined up for the 3DS launch, although I somehow doubt that.

what? When did this happen? Looks like shit but that doesn't matter. Ubisoft will be forgiven for all of their sins if they are backing a new Gollop title

Instro

antonz said:
I would think general games for the 3DS would be allowed to be shown at TGS while any major megaton style games would be held back til the Conference

I suppose, but I mean these fall conferences have never really been about 3rd parties though. Beyond some super megaton announcement like a Final Fantasy or something I don't see why Nintendo would force devs to hold their stuff till then. Im sure enough of that conference will be taken up with Nintendo doing their own things and giving info about the hardware.

QuiteWhittle said:
This reminds me, what happened to Time Travelers? Wasn't it supposed to be unveiled at E3 or something?

I think every time Level 5 says they have something new to show, we just assume its Time Travelers. Or at least I do anyway:lol

Instro said:

They have a big press blowout planned for the end of the month, so why would they want to have 3DS games and info released in piecemeal fashion at another event? And why would you - as a publisher of a launch or near-launch 3DS title - want to show your game at TGS where people are going to be bombarded with media & info on games for other systems when you could hold back and promote it at a 3DS-specific event?

Spiegel

The mysterious Level 5 game is probably Inazuma Eleven Wii. A scan surfaced this week confirming the release date (spring) and it wouldn't make sense not to show the game at the TGS.

And Dead Space was never announced for PSP, Sadist. It showed as a Handheld/mobile game on their release planning but later EA said that was a mistake. Although they said the same about the PC SKU which was confirmed months later.

Sadist

Spiegel said:
And Dead Space was never announced for PSP, Sadist. It showed as a Handheld/mobile game on their release planning but later EA said that was a mistake. Although they said the same about the PC SKU which was confirmed months later.
Oh my bad. Thanks for the info.

Boney said:
you're gonna fucking jinx it.
301etxd.gif

Veal

brain_stew said:
Yep, that's the difference. The NDS title was always going to be compromised but Ubisoft really won't have to ditch anything bringing this over to the 3DS and its even possible that they could improve it in some areas. That's assuming they're smart enough to base it off the Xbox version of course.
The screens for it almost look like it's being based off of the PS2/GC versions. I really hope this isn't the case, but it sure looks like it.

Vinci said:
Why would they make a 3DS Sports game? I mean, other than 3D, what would it bring to the table that was new?
I was just using 3DS Sports as an example. Something in that vain that would show off the 3D and power of the system.

Also, I think the 'Wii Insert thing here' brand has grown far beyond just a tech demo thing for the system. People bought Resort even though they knew how to play the system. I would think Nintendo would release a Mii themed sport game for the 3DS at some point. It's a very big franchise for Nintendo now.

Boney said:
Why is he... what's going on!!

shhh....shhh....quiet you!! don't go over there!!

Boney said:
The user score is 89 ;p

10 TaylorL

If you liked mario ds then get this game kuz itz like an expantion and itz cooler.

Veal said:
The screens for it almost look like it's being based off of the PS2/GC versions. I really hope this isn't the case, but it sure looks like it.

Yeah, it didn'y look like a faithful Xbox port at all, let's hope it was just cause it was a very early version.

Bizzyb

Banned
Instro said:
I suppose, but I mean these fall conferences have never really been about 3rd parties though. Beyond some super megaton announcement like a Final Fantasy or something I don't see why Nintendo would force devs to hold their stuff till then. Im sure enough of that conference will be taken up with Nintendo doing their own things and giving info about the hardware.

I think every time Level 5 says they have something new to show, we just assume its Time Travelers. Or at least I do anyway:lol
'

It's going to be THE 3DS blow-out even of the year. E3 was just the announcement. Sept 29th is going to be the TRUE reveal, i.e. release dates (holiday 2010), prices for the hardware, software and peripherals, all of the systems capabilities and features, and most if not all of the launch window games both 3rd and 1st party with TONS of new media for both.

Nintendo wants all eyes on them and TGS would take away from that.
Get the Popcorn ready

ILikeFeet

Banned
Boney said:
what's another 3ds thread closed, we've got plenty ;p

this is true.

Relaxed Muscle said:
Yeah, it didn'y look like a faithful Xbox port at all, let's hope it was just cause it was a very early version.

it looked like it's a PSP port. did the PSP even get CT? why not just make a handheld version of the last game (who's name escapes me at the moment)

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Willy105 said:
Until they ban 3DS discussion period.

"But it's a whole console! How will you keep it fro..."

BANNED. This is NEOGAF.
No, I AM THE NEOGAF!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So I get an email this morning.... from a trademark expert in regards to my find yesterday.

"The advertised date is when the "opposition period" starts. That’s when anyone can oppose the application being accepted.

These applications are convention applications - based on Japanese applications. Once registered they will be registered as from the date of the Japanese applications, not the Australian date. I think 17 February is when they were filed in Japan.

The date of the application and registration is driven by the convention system - needs to be filed in Australia within 6 months from the Japanese application. Unfortunately it doesn’t have anything to do with when its being released. They have 3 years to actually use the trademark."

Basically Nintendo has just submitted the same trademarks as Nintendo Japan, but in Australia and it has no correlation to when they’re going to be released. It’s just a coincidence that these date align so well with Nintendo’s event and yesterdays Twitter rumour.

The fact remains about the Wii and DSi trademarks + 2/3 months though. So hopefully more coincidences happen.

Bizzyb

Banned
VOOK said:
So I get an email this morning.... from a trademark expert in regards to my find yesterday.

Basically Nintendo has just submitted the same trademarks as Nintendo Japan, but in Australia and it has no correlation to when they’re going to be released. It’s just a coincidence that these date align so well with Nintendo’s event and yesterdays Twitter rumour.

The fact remains about the Wii and DSi trademarks + 2/3 months though. So hopefully more coincidences happen.

So basically 3DS is coming out in Australia? W00t? Was there ever any doubt?

edit: You mean you think 2/3 months AFTER the announcement or after the NA release?

I think we all know that Sept 29th is the day all is revealed; or as I'm now calling it, D-day (cause Iwata will be droppin' them bombs) Nice bit of info but hardly anything groundbreaking or even a crack

ElFly

Kilrogg said:
Maybe they'll make a special dungeon where they take away the 3D effect from you!

Or a dungeon where they invert the left and right cameras and fuck up your perception.

ILikeFeet

Banned
after reading some stuff on Goldeneye 2010, I am really excited to see what N-Space will do. the next CoD is prolly a year off, so maybe they will do an original IP or maybe Geist 2. or even Winter 3D :D

ILikeFeet

Banned
damn, right after I mentioned Geist and Winter on the 3DS, this pops up :lol

on Winter:

[on if Winter can work on the 3DS] “Yes, absolutely,” Newman answered. “The 3DS is really powerful, just going beyond the 3D screen side of it — what it can do in terms of pushing polygons and using advanced texture shaders. It’s really no secret how strong of a system it is.

“Everything we did with the Wii demo of Winter would absolutely work on that system. And there’s a lot more you can do, especially with a game like that, a survival-horror game in 3D. I mean, I can think of 10 ideas off the top off my head right now.”

and Geist:

[on if Geist tech hard to recreate on the 3DS] “No, because there’s a lot of similarities between the systems [GameCube and 3DS] in terms of bringing one engine over to work on the 3DS,” Newman answered. “You know, if Nintendo was interested in getting a Geist game on 3DS, it’s certainly doable. As a fan of Geist and as someone who worked on it for three-and-a-half years, I’d love to see it. I love the whole mechanic, and I love that whole universe.”

on the 3DS in general:

“Everything I saw at E3, I was completely impressed with. I really can’t think of anything that I thought was a shortcoming. I can understand people wanting dual analogs. I’m trying to think of how that would actually feel with the system — that plus the D-pad.”

“But anyway, back to your question: I totally believe in [Nintendo’s] knowledge of hardware, and as the [3DS] evolves to the point where it’s ready to release, [Nintendo] is going to solve whatever problems it needs to solve. [3DS] is going to be incredible.”

http://www.nintendojo.com/news/single-stories/n-space-says-winter-geist-technically-possible-on-3ds

Boney

Banned
redbarchetta said:
There's no way it had 64 games worth playing. It was maybe 3% concentrated awesome.
Wasn't counting the shovelware and stuff, but yeah closer to 5% even. But that percent was just so darn good.

Somnid

If I'm reading that right it sounds like they want to release 3DS this year and they have plans for a 3DS Mario game.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Somnid said:
If I'm reading that right it sounds like they want to release 3DS this year and they have plans for a 3DS Mario game.

Nothing too shocking there. :D

We need some traditional control 2d Zelda (both top down and side scrolling) and Metroid action.

And if OoT is to have any other notable changes, they should include Pegasus Boots (or Bunny Ears) for running and Zora's Flippers for faster swimming.

Top Bottom