• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS reserves start December 26th.

Kirby102

Plinko said:
Urban Scholar said:
Will drop $200 asap.
Then you'll probably be waiting a year for a price drop.

Also, I thought Nintendo was announcing the price in January. This wouldn't make much sense.
Pretty sure he meant he's going to drop $200 on it asap. lol

I'm gonna day1 this as well (in AUS), I also have a $100 JB gift card, and JB are good with price matching on launch prices... so I'm safe with ~<$250 :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hope we don't have a repeat of when the Wii release date was announced for the UK. It will be worse than Amazon's lightning deals pages.

Awesome, choose the day where people are either out of town or relaxing with their family.

I can't wait for Wii 2 preorders on Thanksgiving 2011!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I just realised VOOK's plan is totally screwed once Nintendo announce the 3DS is region locked.

Take that you fiend!

Hobbun

Does anyone know if this going to be like the Wii (or other consoles) where each store is only receiving a small amount of systems? Or will it be more like a game (or the other DS handhelds) where they will receive enough systems for the amount of preorders that is filled?

My local GS had only gotten like 15-16 Wiis at launch and of course had to wait in line just to place a preorder.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
EatChildren said:
I just realised VOOK's plan is totally screwed once Nintendo announce the 3DS is region locked.

Take that you fiend!

I imported a DSi in 2008 and I can't read a damn thing on it, I don't care :D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VOOK said:
I imported a DSi in 2008 and I can't read a damn thing on it, I don't care :D

Curses!

cvxfreak

Totally panicked because I thought this thread was pertaining to Japan. I'm not in Japan on that day so I would have missed out on preorders. :lol

well I did give Gamestop 25$ here in canada(ebgames) yesterday. Not knowing when's the launch day, how many the store will get... I feel like I got jipped. When details of the launch will arrive, I will pay the system in full, to make sure I get my system on launch day.

Will be the first handheld launch I participate in. It would make it the first launch purchase I've made since the Gamecube launch. Although, it's funny that it took so long to sell me on a proper console at that price to just go out and pick up a 3DS without a second thought.

Why in the flippin' crap do I all of the sudden want to preorder a 3DS :lol

Dang it, Nintendo. You'll get my money someday. I can only resist for so long.

Mashing

I'm going to pre-order with Amazon once they are available. However, it's good to know we'll be getting a final price and release date soon.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm actually heading to NYC to buy my 3DS. I'm not going to pay the prices they charge us down here for handhelds.

Hell, taking the plane to NYC and buying it there with a few games is probably cheaper than heading to my local game store and buying the same products. :lol

Magnus

Haha, pretty sure this was up for preorder for the last few months at EB Games and Gamestop stores in Canada. :D

Weenerz

Banned
I'll preorder mine and probably every launch title. People thinking they'll just walk into a store and buy them, think of the Wii at launch.

apana

If you're already willing to pay 250, not buying at 300 proves nothing. Besides Nintendo is probably gonna price it at 280, to put you in a tough bind.

aparisi2274

If GS actually starts taking preorders on the 26th they are dumber than I thought.

When I used to work for EB, the 26th was worse than Black Friday, as we had lines throughout the store with people returning items, or using gift cards.

It was madness!!!

Whatever the price I will be buying/reserving it. I am hoping it will be $250, but if it does end up being $300 I am not going to say no.

Dabanton

apana said:
If you're already willing to pay 250, not buying at 300 proves nothing. Besides Nintendo is probably gonna price it at 280, to put you in a tough bind.

And they know it will sell. :lol

Bastards.

bounchfx

apana said:

yeah, I'm seeing a 269.99 or 279.99 price point. 279.98 if you're privileged enough to shop at wal mart.

I don't see it being $300 in america, plus aren't their consoles normally 10-15% cheaper here than in japan?

Mudkips

Banned
Gotta make sure the final holiday for the DS isn't tainted by people holding out for the 3DS. :lol

And :lol @ anyone not preordering and planning to just walk in and pick one up.

Emitan

MrDenny said:
Was the DS sold out at launch?
I know it wasn't a Wii situation, but I think it was fairly difficult to find by some people's accounts. I didn't have any problems finding one.

And I'm getting on Amazon at 12:00 AM on the 26th and preordering with the fastest shipping. I don't care what I'm doing at the moment, I'm dropping it and getting on Amazon.

Insaniac

I'll be there day 1. On a side note I'd really like a portable Monster Hunter for 3DS if nintendo makes the internet service better.

Mudkips said:
Gotta make sure the final holiday for the DS isn't tainted by people holding out for the 3DS. :lol

And :lol @ anyone not preordering and planning to just walk in and pick one up.
I think I'll make this both my first pre-order and my first midnight launch :lol

GhaleonQ

I'm not really thrilled with the launch lineup (while acknowledging that it's better than the DS'), so the Game Boy Advance will remain my 1 and only launch purchase. Those poor, poor retail employees are going to die.

Emitan

Insaniac said:
I'll be there day 1. On a side note I'd really like a portable Monster Hunter for 3DS if nintendo makes the internet service better.
The Wii version's online actually sounds decent (I haven't played it) and there's no way the 3DS will have worse online than the Wii, so I think it's going to be amazing.

Dabanton

Billychu said:
The Wii version's online actually sounds decent (I haven't played it) and there's no way the 3DS will have worse online than the Wii, so I think it's going to be amazing.

If Nintendo have shown us anything when it comes to it's online implementation it's that it doesn't really have a clue.

I await what bright idea they'll use this time that slows down what should be the simple act of playing online.

Ezduo

Banned
Speaking on online for the 3DS, are we going to get any more conferences for Nintendo to fully explain everything about this thing? Like, the home screen, how online will work, etc?

Ezduo said:
Speaking on online for the 3DS, are we going to get any more conferences for Nintendo to fully explain everything about this thing? Like, the home screen, how online will work, etc?

Probably right before it launches we'll get some videos detailing it.

Top Bottom