• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

c-murph

Nothing works in my town any more... No more BBY, HD, or McD. sucks. Not sure how much use I'll get out of these games.

Hopefully, the college will have many 3DS players this year.

donny2112

For the VIP queue upgrade, it still maxes out at 10 in the line but if you have players who haven't played a game yet and more come up, a new option appears when choosing the arrow to go to the gate. Now you can send the next group "to the line" and that is what has a capability more than 10. You have to send people to the line, though, or your queue waiting will max out at 10 again.

Old way:
1. Get 10 in a line and greet them.
2. If you haven't finished playing with those 10, up to 10 more can queue in the Plaza Gate.
3. That's it.

New way:
2. If you haven't finished playing with those 10, up to 10 more can queue in the Plaza Gate.
3. If you choose the arrow to the Plaza Gate, a new option appears to send the 10 at the Plaza Gate to a line. Choose that, and another 10 can now queue up at the Plaza Gate.
4. Repeat 2 and 3.

Basically gives you more time to play with the characters before you start losing Streetpasses if you're conscious of sending those at the Gate to "the line." When you hit the max (guess 100, but haven't gotten to that, yet), you'll still start missing Streetpasses, though. Also the speedy queue and fast games make a big difference!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
This is such awesome timing with Pax tomorrow.

Exactly what I was thinking! I put my 3DS to charge and will grab a $10 card tonight. I'll have to unload the Miis I already collected this week, since I'm sure they will disappear once I do the update.

Glad that these are super short too, since when I go to events like PAX, I want to unload Miis, play a quick game or too, and then move on to check out the show. So many new games though! :x At least now this topic won't die for a bit!

Oh question: do all the games give out tickets and stuff/did they add new hats/word bubbles? Or just accomplishments?

WhyMe6

For the VIP queue upgrade, it still maxes out at 10 in the line but if you have players who haven't played a game yet and more come up, a new option appears when choosing the arrow to go to the gate. Now you can send the next group "to the line" and that is what has a capability more than 10. You have to send people to the line, though, or your queue waiting will max out at 10 again.

Old way:
3. That's it.

New way:
3. If you choose the arrow to the Plaza Gate, a new option appears to send the 10 at the Plaza Gate to a line. Choose that, and another 10 can now queue up at the Plaza Gate.
4. Repeat 2 and 3.

Basically gives you more time to play with the characters before you start losing Streetpasses if you're conscious of sending those at the Gate to "the line." When you hit the max (guess 100, but haven't gotten to that, yet), you'll still start missing Streetpasses, though. Also the speedy queue and fast games make a big difference!

Fantastic, thank you for making all of this clear! I purchased VIP this morning as I'm off to Japan next week and it will be Streetpass paradise. I'm looking forward to all those puzzle pieces.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I thought you could gain 100 streetpassers without having to check a lot

It would be nice, but this is still better than before. When you go to big conventions, you miss out on A LOT because you still want to go check stuff out. This as least makes it more bearable.

It would be nice, but this is still better than before. When you go to big conventions, you miss out on A LOT because you still want to go check stuff out. This as least makes it more bearable.

Somewhat. You still have to check every once in a while. But you dont have to play games immediately. That's the big thing.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Somewhat. You still have to check every once in a while. But you dont have to play games immediately. That's the big thing.

Yeah what I used to do is play the quickie games, and skip things like Monster Manor and Battleground Z that take a while to go through.

We should've got a few new puzzles this update too! Missed opportunity...

And here I thought 3DS Streetpass was winding down. I had been getting less and less streetpasses, and even nothing from trusty places like Best Buy or McDonalds at times. Hopefully I'll get enough people to get the last 3 pink pieces I need to finish all the puzzles. Which free game should I get if I expect to find 2-3 Streetpasses a month?

Really excited to try the new stuff. I've been able to get passes while at work, but it's been rather low lately. It's been a LOOOONG time since I've tried going by the relays. Hope they still work. There are quite a few in my neighborhood, so I'll really be able to try the new queuing system.

MANUELF

Banned
And here I thought 3DS Streetpass was winding down. I had been getting less and less streetpasses, and even nothing from trusty places like Best Buy or McDonalds at times. Hopefully I'll get enough people to get the last 3 pink pieces I need to finish all the puzzles. Which free game should I get if I expect to find 2-3 Streetpasses a month?

The car one I guess even if I liked the stock one is not for everyone

donny2112

Oh I thought you could gain 100 streetpassers without having to check a lot

That was my hope, but apparently not. The system is probably internally hardcoded to hold 20 (10 active, 10 waiting), so this is a workaround to queue more than 20 in a third state (in line).

Fantastic, thank you for making all of this clear! I purchased VIP this morning as I'm off to Japan next week and it will be Streetpass paradise. I'm looking forward to all those puzzle pieces.

Welcome! Enjoy your trip, and maybe you'll run into Cheesemeister's or another GAFfers Streetpass while you're there!

Boba2007

I chose Slot Racers as the free game and am not disappointed. The amount of customization you have for the cars is surprisingly complex, glad I chose it over Trader for that alone (although Trader still looks fun)

I made a Limo for my first car :)
WVW69jllQY03LZ0ERf

Doubt I'll buy any of the other games though, there just aren't enough people for me to streetpass. I never bought any of the old ones either. Sucks that Slot Racers (and the other new games) don't give tickets cause that means there's still no way for me to earn them without buying something :(

This is the best news!
Streetpass is my game/games/software of this generation, I've been very dedicated and gone to ridiculous lengths to get passes but even so I've stopped carrying my 3DS since Pokemon Go released. More than happy to buy these and get back into the swing!
Away from my 3DS until tomorrow though :(

The games seemingly being very lightweight, not having ticket/achievement systems and there being no new set of hats or puzzles is concerning though... I can see me reaching the logical end of these pretty quickly and then having no reason to go back...
Still having to clear your queue at 10 is poor too, so it's just you don't lose Mii's if you return to the queue, it's not really a change in how queueing works at all...

Oxx

I had my 3DS with me right at the start (height?) of the Pokemongo craze and didn't get any passes.

I used to walk around hitting Streetpass relays like they were Pokestops back in the good old days.

If Nintendo intends to support the 3DS through 2018, I wonder if NX will have Streetpass capabilities and be compatible with the 3DS. It would be a nice little kick for the end of that systems life.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They can't change the design of the buffer. So this is a software workaround.
That was my hope, but apparently not. The system is probably internally hardcoded to hold 20 (10 active, 10 waiting), so this is a workaround to queue more than 20 in a third state (in line).

Ah well, at least it's better.

So how does it work? I know when you have 10 current miis, when you streetpass with new ones, you'd be asked to play for the current ones or go to the gate to meet them. Does this mean you can send those 10 waiting into the line without meeting them?

donny2112

Looks like the limit of Miis "in line" is not 100. Got to 103 (!) in line before the next group gave me the max limit message. 10 active to play with. 1-10 at the Plaza Gate. 103 "in line." Guess the limit is ~120 overall, then?

WVW69jlrYOYXWoGfV1

WVW69jlrd5UU80ZFhH

Edit:
Looks like the # listed as waiting includes who's at the Plaza Gate, so once that total goes above 100, it starts listing the line as full. That would put the max at 119, then. (e.g. 10 active. 99 in line. Then, get 10 more at plaza gate, which would be reported as 109 waiting.)

LoveCake

UK Gaf!
I have updated my Streetpass, I already had the VIP and Premium from when it first came out, I have got the free Slot Racer game I have now gone to get the other new games but there is no option to buy them all at once!

Hmm

How to Purchase the StreetPass Mii Plaza Game Bundles
Applies to:  New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS
Notes:
For information on available bundles, click here.
You can only purchase the bundle if you have not previously purchased any of the StreetPass Mii Plaza games in that bundle.
If you have already purchased one of the games in a bundle, you will need to purchase each of the additional games separately. How to
New games will not be available for purchase until StreetPass Mii Plaza has been updated to version 3.1 or higher. How to
This feature is not available to users outside of the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil.
After a system transfer, you may need to receive at least one StreetPass before this content is available.

Hmm I went in before and it just gave me the option to buy a single game, just gone back in and it's now giving me the option to buy the pack of four for £8.09!

Andyliini

Gold Member
UK Gaf!
I have updated my Streetpass, I already had the VIP and Premium from when it first came out, I have got the free Slot Racer game I have now gone to get the other new games but there is no option to buy them all at once!

Hmm

Hmm I went in before and it just gave me the option to buy a single game, just gone back in and it's now giving me the option to buy the pack of four for £8.09!

Try to buy one game individually, you will get an offer soon after that.

Now that there's a Miiverse community I've been posting but holy hell is Miiverse horrific on 3DS with loading. It can take a minute just to load up. A navigation is also super slow.

I know it's browser based so how is it on New 3DS? Is it still unusable? Is it closer to Wii U or original 3DS in performance?

Do these new games give you plaza tickets? I didn't see any mission options

So do any of these new Streetpass Mii Plaza games help toward obtaining hats, speech bubbles, or tickets?

The birthday thing still annoys me. So many tickets wrapped up there. Why can it count the hundreds of Miis in my Plaza before that update!

PtM

Banned
Now that there's a Miiverse community I've been posting but holy hell is Miiverse horrific on 3DS with loading. It can take a minute just to load up. A navigation is also super slow.

I know it's browser based so how is it on New 3DS? Is it still unusable? Is it closer to Wii U or original 3DS in performance?
!
They didn't update it. Same old, pretty much. :mad:
Worst of all, videos will still tell you to download the YouTube app. Which to my knowledge isn't optimised at all and is abysmal in comparison to the browser's video player (which you can incidentally use on web Miiverse, since it thankfully won't block that browser, but it'll have problems of its own, with displaying interface images properly).
The only difference I observed is that it won't reboot under the load anymore, like it did for me on the original model.

They didn't update it. Same old, pretty much. :mad:
Worst of all, videos will still tell you to download the YouTube app. Which to my knowledge isn't optimised at all and is abysmal in comparison to the browser's video player (which you can incidentally use on web Miiverse, since it thankfully won't block that browser, but it'll have problems of its own, with displaying interface images properly).
The only difference I observed is that it won't reboot under the load anymore, like it did for me on the original model.

Thanks.

casiopao

OMG. The stock crasher one is so fun. 250 coin and now i am on 38 million lol.( I still had around 1900 stock on construction castle company but their value is collapsing HELPPPP!!!)

MANUELF

Banned
OMG. The stock crasher one is so fun. 250 coin and now i am on 38 million lol.( I still had around 1900 stock on construction castle company but their value is collapsing HELPPPP!!!)

Thats why I always sell what I buy in the same day, is not worth the gamble

Just tried the update. Had no idea they updated Puzzle Swap with the Lucky Chances. Was actually able to complete a couple panels wow. Hope it isn't just a one time deal. Still need to try the new games.

Did anyone else get a plaza full of Special Miis after the update? Before it said I had 4 Miis waiting but when it started the game I had 10 including Reggie (talking about E3) and Aonuma (talking about Triforce Heroes) which I've had before but it had a bunch I hadn't gotten before like Takahashi (talking about Xenoblade 3D) and a few other Nintendo people. It might have something to do with my using that Special Mii exploit a few times a while back.

LoveCake

When out today I had some Mii's to play with, then as I only had time to play with them on the new games, I pressed the [home] button to get back onto the main 3DS home screen, then when I got home the icon was flashing with the green light, notifying that I has Passed more Mii's so when I went back in, it said the same thing that I can either play with the Mii's that I had previously played with or to go to the entrance which would mean that I wouldn't be able to play with them again, so how do you send Mii's to the queue?

UK 3DS.

bumpkin

So they mention being able to handle up to 100 passes at once with "Premium". Is there any good reason other than that to have Premium?

I feel like when it first became a thing, I decided it wasn't worth 5 bucks. Am I missing something?

LoveCake

So they mention being able to handle up to 100 passes at once with "Premium". Is there any good reason other than that to have Premium?

I feel like when it first became a thing, I decided it wasn't worth 5 bucks. Am I missing something?

Not sure, I got "Premium" on release because I loved playing the games and still do, I don't know how you get the extra Mii's though, hence my comment above.

Top Bottom