• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Plaza updates (UK/EU?) - new Streetpass DLC available. Nintendo's F2P?

I've still not managed to clear Street Pass Quest 1 with under 30 heroes. Too many misses! :(

Looking forward to these new games though. Totally wanna get them today.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yeah, just read some stuff about it on the internet. Though I hardly believe that there is big chances that you run by people with StreetPass activated given how few games support this feature.

Still I have to figure out what this new update does now...

The 3DS itself supports the feature, and provides bonuses on its own, even without a game.

sakipon

I just got past the initial "I want more info!" crash, and the rabbit showed some screenshots of the game. Then I said I definitely want to buy it and it crashed again. Arghhh! Nintendo just take my money!

Same here. I say I want to buy the combo, rabbit says "Oh!" and then it freezes. Every goddamn time.

At first it froze when I merely chose the rabbit, but that got fixed somehow (after I streetpassed my second 3DS, but it could be unrelated).

Shahadan

Same here. I say I want to buy the combo, rabbit says "Oh!" and then it freezes. Every goddamn time.

At first it froze when I merely chose the rabbit, but that got fixed somehow (after I streetpassed my second 3DS, but it could be unrelated).

Speaking of which, what happened to those updates given via streetpass Nintendo was hinting at after the 3DS reveal?

Also, even if you have more Hat Tickets, you're limited to trading them for the 'Daily Hats'. So, for instance, I had 6 tickets after playing through the games, but I could only get two of the hats. Just a heads up.

The people you're Street Passing don't have to have purchased these games to be able to play them, right? Because that would break the usability I think.

AndyboyH

Neo Member
Yet another UK crasher.
On wifi it seems to be anywhere once the rabbit shows up, but I just tried on tethering, and it tried to look up the pricing information, then immediately hard locked.
I wonder if it's something really stupid like they haven't added a pound sign font into Streetpass Plaza's in app purchase system or something.

Also, for those that're complaining about never streetpassing anyone: have you considered making a meet?
Me + my wife run a streetpass group in Newcastle. For the AC:NL launch we had 70 attendees on Saturday! (normally it's been around 20-30 people, hanging in a pub, playing games and making friends)
There'll be other people that are interested in showing up + gaming, and your local game shops may well advertise it to their customers too. You never know, half their staff might show up too, or they might set up an in-store 3DS to streetpass!

Speaking of which, what happened to those updates given via streetpass Nintendo was hinting at after the 3DS reveal?

They happen. I've been prompted for system updates when I've been nowhere near a WiFi connection, but with a friend that's had the update. :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So it's confirmed that all the mini-games earn you hats &/or outfits? Anyone got some pics of the new unlockables.

What's the word on using play coins & pre-existing Miis that already are in your plaza beforehand?

Shahadan

They happen. I've been prompted for system updates when I've been nowhere near a WiFi connection, but with a friend that's had the update. :)

Oh that's nice. thanks!

Price is a bit too much imo for streetpass games, but considering that in my city there is a regular 3DS geeks meet up, I'll probably buy those ;(

cacildo

The only streetpass tag i get is from my girlfriend, twice a day since we live together

Nintendo dont even sell 3ds in my country, so there´s obviously no plans for a better Streetpass over here.

So i have 0 reasons to buy these games (i wish i had)

Eep. This is amazing news. I've long finished Find Mii II (and never using coins [except to pass trap rooms]).

Hopefully this is pushed out to US by the weekend, as there is a prime StreetPassing opportunity coming up.

mrkgoo

So I turn on my 3DS and there's a new update! Sweet!

And apparently mii plaza has been updated! Double sweet!

Updated - now mii plaza crashes causing a system reset.

Wtf.

How would you even go about fixing this?

So I turn on my 3DS and there's a new update! Sweet!

And apparently mii plaza has been updated! Double sweet!

Updated - now mii plaza crashes causing a system reset.

Wtf.

How would you even go about fixing this?

Nintendo will have to put a patch together. Wait a bit.
What's with this thread - it's like a weird mix of people who hate or can't use StreetPass and a low amount of hype/response lol

Most of the people who do get something out of Streetpass can't buy the new games because the app keeps crashing.

I just read about the crashes when shopping. I'm not getting that. I just get crashes looking through my miis. Is this happening to others as well?

I was fine with purchasing, but had a soft freeze that booted me to the home menu when I was scrolling through my Miis.

mrkgoo

If I had more streetpass action around here, I would consider buying it. This is Japan must be amazing.
I get the odd few.

I took mine onto Taiwan, and everything I went out I came back with like 10( mostly Japanese, strangely - I wonder if the Japanese version were importers it hardcore )! Is there a limit to the number of street passes per trip?

AndyboyH

Neo Member
Is there a limit to the number of street passes per trip?

You have to clear out (by playing, collecting puzzle pieces, going in Streetpass Quest) if you get more than 10. At some comic-cons and streetpass meets in the UK, or sat outside of Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara I've had to clear out 10-15 times in the space of 10 minutes.

Usually though, at work, or on a day out shopping, I can get 7-8 a day. I think momentum grows once people start to get more and realise how damn addictive it is ;D

Jacobbles

Has anyone with the update actually been able to buy anything yet?

Mine keeps crashing whenever I go to the Shop icon and choose the game I want, and kicking me back to the Home screen :/

Zenaku

I got the update on my JP 3DS, but no sign of a Xenoblade puzzle. I know my JP 3DS had some puzzles not available to PAL users (streetpassed my niece and noticed a few of my puzzles were unselectable) so I hope it's not PAL only.

AndyboyH

Neo Member
I got the update on my JP 3DS, but no sign of a Xenoblade puzzle. I know my JP 3DS had some puzzles not available to PAL users (streetpassed my niece and noticed a few of my puzzles were unselectable) so I hope it's not PAL only.

It's one of a pool of 4 puzzles (Heroines, Xenoblade, New Super Luigi U, Skyward Sword) - so you might have got a new piece, but not necessarily a Xeno piece... (e.g. I got Skyward Sword, but luckily one of my coworkers got the Xenoblade piece, which then unlocked on my DS when I streetpassed him)

You get a random puzzle piece from one of the puzzles. If it works anything like the last time they released a batch of puzzles, you'll still be able to get other puzzles via Streetpass.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I'm jealous of you UK guys...

I was just saying to someone the other day that I can't go through Find Mii 2 Secret Missions one more time...

This news of more games came at JUST the right time for me because I had nothing to do with Street Passes anymore...

sakipon

It's not PAL only. I have Xenoblade, Heroins, Mario + Luigi and Skyward Sword all on my Japanese machine (after streetpassing today).

Spierek

The new games are awesome. Love the shooter.
The shooter has the best gameplay, but I'm really digging that Haunted Mansion title. It's a blend of some cool ideas. Streetpass Battle is awesome all around, and the Garden game is surprisingly complex (especially when it comes to flower cross-breeding).

15E well spent.

Zomba13

Has anyone with the update actually been able to buy anything yet?

Mine keeps crashing whenever I go to the Shop icon and choose the game I want, and kicking me back to the Home screen :/

Yeah. Bought the combo pack. Really like Streetpass Squad.

Top Bottom