• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3rd Taiko no Tatsujin 3DS game announced (feat. Ace Attorney, Kirby, MonHun, Touhou)

Evidently we're still not done with collaborations and free DLC!

xfs9TTt.jpg

via Famitsu, at a press event for Puzzles & Dragons X, it was announced that music from Puzzles & Dragons X will be offered as free DLC for Taiko 3DS3 at P&DX's launch (though we don't know if that means a single song or a whole pack), in addition to being able to recruit a Taiko-themed Tamazo in the game's RPG mode.

Also, nothing's confirmed, but based on precedent, expect to see a demo for this game showcasing the RPG mode released this Thursday.

edit: newer story from Famitsu, the free DLC will include Walking Through The Towers from P&D and to-be-announced song(s?) from P&DX

These collaborations are getting crazy. I love them though.
Also a collaboration between PADX and Monster Hunter Stories was announced.
Placed my preorder down for this game, so now I'm just waiting for release date.

angeal971

Neo Member
the game is available for preload
it's a bummer, seems like practice mode won't made it on this one too, there are songs I would like to practice (looking at you souryuu no ran!)
V version is the only taiko 3rd generation game to have practice mode, right ?
I don't remember any of the taiko 3DS or wii u games to have it

machomuu

Neo Member
So this is pretty awesome, definitely one of the more attractive track lists I've seen from a Taiko no Tasujin title, and the tracks they picked from Touhou('s fandom) aren't bad. I was surprised to see that, but...

... What really surprised me was that they have Gigantic OTN on there. Is it going to be instrumental or are they going to change the lyrics? Because I can't see a certain, larger part of the demographic taking too well to it.

ChrisD

I swear if the NX is region-locked...

Monster Hunter is a blast to play Taiko to at the arcade. It's a blast to Taiko to on PSP titles.

Monster Hunter is always a blast to Taiko to.

always

As mentioned, the preload for the game is available now, and a demo version will be releasing the day before the game's proper release.

We've also got some additional footage of the game from Denjin Getcha, showing RPG mode's bosses and quests, and some of the new tracks (also revealing Soulcalibur 3's version of The New Legend as a track being revived). So if you've ever wanted to see Takahashi Meijin playing Taiko, here you go.

the game is available for preload
it's a bummer, seems like practice mode won't made it on this one too, there are songs I would like to practice (looking at you souryuu no ran!)
V version is the only taiko 3rd generation game to have practice mode, right ?
I don't remember any of the taiko 3DS or wii u games to have it

Yeah, this gen it's only been in V and Must Songs. We still haven't seen the menu for 3DS3 so it's hypothetically possible it's there, and it is getting Shinuchi from the Vita games, but I probably wouldn't get my hopes up too much either. I still don't get why it's not a standard feature, but maybe now that it's in the arcade version, it'll become standard starting next gen?

... What really surprised me was that they have Gigantic OTN on there. Is it going to be instrumental or are they going to change the lyrics? Because I can't see a certain, larger part of the demographic taking too well to it.

The cuts used for Gigantic OTN in the arcade version and Plus Danshi in V Version are both uncensored, so this should be as well. Evidently strong innuendos and English cursing are still totally cool for an A rating, lol.

FYI, the demo version is out now. 2 songs (Lisdoonvarna no Tasogare and DON'T CUT) in performance mode, a brief dungeon and boss in Mystery Adventure Mode.

Quick impressions, RPG mode seems to be way more intelligent than 3DS2's. Monsters are more specialized, random encounters can be avoided, special attacks can be saved and used whenever, and so on. Feels like it's actually trying to be a decent RPG rather than a braindead one with a gimmick, we'll see how it manages to pull it off. One major flaw that stood out to me is that you can't use the X button to play in Mystery Adventure Mode, which really bugs me as a Type B player.

And here we've got the 10 unlockable songs revealed from street date broken copies:
Soulcalibur III The New Legend
Madou Gensoukyoku (New)
SORA-VI Hi no Tori
KUSANAGI
SORA-III Heliopause
Kagutsuchi
Heaven's Rider
Madasaitama2000 (New, MaDAsaitama, not Matasaitama)
Crazy Beauty (New)
Ryuumyaku no Ou (New)

... and the new Ura charts:
Setsuna Trip
Gigantic O.T.N
The Busy Danube
Nameko no Uta
Shiuryu ~Shiuryu~

Cleared Mystery Adventure, didn't really take too long to rush through. Lots of quality of life improvements relative to 3DS2's RPG mode, fortunately. Just finished unlocking all songs and charts... aside from Soryuu no Ran's Ura which I'll probably never get, siiiigh.

Looking forward to diving into the new songs next, the few Game Music and Namco Original tracks I've tried have been really solid. Definitely feeling this tracklist. DLC seems good too aside from the weird pack that's almost entirely songs that have been in 3DS1 or 2.

Oh, and
Madasaitama2000 (link)
is rad.

angeal971

Neo Member
Just played the game and finish adventure mode which is good.
The graphics of the game are the same old as taiko 3ds1&2, but with greatly improved animations, Don is well animated as well as the notes. The game is also smoother than the previous one, as much in main menu than in gameplay, which is good improvement.

Songs wise, I think I've unlocked every one of them (except MadaSaitama, which I don't know how to). And well,the songlist is the force to be recognized, there're a lot of songs I like in almost every genre, and difficulty is well raised compared to taiko 3ds2, with some unexpected songs and ura oni on top of that. But not as hard as V (as for now).

And finaly, dlc, which are not that great (well it's only the beginning), as for this 1st batch only 1 completly new song, only 3 console debut, the rest are playable in V version or are so old that you've probably played them elsewhere.

Tabaneito is neat, kind of Seize the day on steroid, Last Brutal Sister Flandre S was easier than expected, full combo in only 4 tries. Gigantic O.T.Nis kind of easy too (if it wasn't for those damn speed-up parts) I can probably FC this in a matter of try.
Souryuu no ran was easier than expected, took me 4 tries to clear, but yuugen no ran is still impossible for me.

Well that's it for now, best taiko 3ds game so far

The concessions made for better performance definitely seem worthwhile, it's actually pretty noticeable. Not, like, WiiU1 to WiiU2 (because god WiiU1 was a mess), but definitely appreciated.

As far as Madasaitama goes, you'll wanna jump back into Mystery Adventure real quick and scope out the hub area. It's basically a good version of MM, lol. I'd say difficulty is about the same as MM too, but it very much rewards familiarity with the other Saitamas. Took me a few tries to clear, but it feels fair (still not a big fan of the morse code sections tho lol).

Soryuu... yeahhhh I just don't think my execution is good enough for it, lol. Maybe it's an Ura Xa deal where if I could practice the patterns at a slower speed first I could manage, but sadly that's not an option. Just don't think my thumbs can manage those crazy streams in the final third D:

angeal971

Neo Member
The concessions made for better performance definitely seem worthwhile, it's actually pretty noticeable. Not, like, WiiU1 to WiiU2 (because god WiiU1 was a mess), but definitely appreciated.

As far as Madasaitama goes, you'll wanna jump back into Mystery Adventure real quick and scope out the hub area. It's basically a good version of MM, lol. I'd say difficulty is about the same as MM too, but it very much rewards familiarity with the other Saitamas. Took me a few tries to clear, but it feels fair (still not a big fan of the morse code sections tho lol).

Soryuu... yeahhhh I just don't think my execution is good enough for it, lol. Maybe it's an Ura Xa deal where if I could practice the patterns at a slower speed first I could manage, but sadly that's not an option. Just don't think my thumbs can manage those crazy streams in the final third D:

Thank you I've found it, and yeah the song is hard, kind of MM like, just a bit easier, because there are less note, I'm glad it's not a donkama mess ^^.

I can't handle 1/8 patterns, actually for clearing it I'm trying to get as much soul point before the last part, in which I just spam as fast as I can to barely clear with 1 or 2 bar above clearing limit lol.

God XY&Z is so good.

Top Bottom