• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan Completes Goodbye Volcano High Parody VN Before Actual Game is Finished

Apparently the infamous Goodbye Volcano High school shooter drawing inspired some random Anon to create what will most likely be a better written game than the actual Goodbye Volcano High.

Reminds me of when Katawa Shoujo came out and people were surprised at how good it was. I'm seeing the same reactions to this game. Also, the actual GVH devs are banning discussion of the fangame in their discord so you know it's gotta be good.

Hugare

Imagine being a full grown adult that is bothered so much by the existence of a game (not even released yet) enough to make a parody game about it

You gotta be so immature and insecure

I'm 28 but I feel like I'm too old for shit like this

If you dont like it, dont buy it

Last edited:

Kilau

U2E3oAf.png

This game gets more attention from people that supposedly hate the game.

In other news Sony has been making huge gains with female gamers. I wonder if they they’ll ever try like a AAA teenage girl orientated game, besides Sims. The casual female market is all in Nintendo’s hands.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I just googled and I guess this:

The joke being that Goodbye, Volcano High refers to killing everyone (and then themselves?) instead of finishing school. Its not that funny really, I thought I would laugh but I didn't.

I hate to be that guy, but...what a shit thing to make jokes about. Like Ember's Ghost Squad levels of edgy humor cringe.

With that said, I have no doubt that this erm..."fan game," will completely wipe the floor creatively with whatever 2021 A Very Special Episode of Degrassi they're cooking up for the legit title. Fuck we've fallen far as a species.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don’t think this game is coming out anymore. I haven’t heard anything about it since it was announced.

ZehDon

Gold Member
What a terrible attempt at "parody". Maybe it's an American thing, but to a non-American like myself, joking about school shootings just comes across as peak Edge Lord®, likely to end with a tip of the fedora and a dead baby "joke" instead of meaningful commentary or a laugh.

Maybe COVID-19 should've won after all...

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
People still don't understand that giving attention to a game, even in jest or hatred(or shitty edgelord jokes in this case), is still giving attention to a game.

I forget about this game since you mentioned it. Stop mentioning it.
Exactly. This game disappeared from the face of the earth until 4chan decided to do free marketing for it.

Whitecrow

Banned
Imagine being a full grown adult that is bothered so much by the existence of a game (not even released yet) enough to make a parody game about it

Yeah you are too old, but not fot this shit, for everything. Annoyed by a partody.
And also unaware of other's people creativity and will to do things insted of crying on a forum.

Good 28 mate, good 28.

That full grown adult created what seems to be an entertaining game. You on the other hand... complained on an internet forum? Congrats I guess.

Toots

Gold Member

Imagine being a full grown adult that only has consuming as a mean of expressing himself in society :'(

First time encountering the sheer autsim of 4chinchins? Never underestimate the autsim of under aged American/Mexican/Brazilian /v/irgins.

SCB3

Are these the same people that have issues with Life is Strange and Tell me Why? I mean parody can be great and funny, but sometimes people take it too far

I mean, true.

But it is still pretty freaking hilarious.

Top Bottom