• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4GB SD card with every Nintendo 3DS XL !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kogepan

I'm an American, so I have no sympathy for anyone or anything lol ;)

Besides I'm sure Nintendo will offer them for free if enough people complain.

So they're making us BEG for the ability to charge up the device?

I can't bend my mind around this. Even the cheap mainland Chinese android pads haven't resorted to this level of cheapness.

Izayoi

Banned
So they're making us BEG for the ability to charge up the device?

I can't bend my mind around this. Even the cheap mainland Chinese android pads haven't resorted to this level of cheapness.
Tons of devices in Japan don't come with a charger.

It has a charger everywhere else. Why are you upset?

Magnus

Well they didn't have to do it.

In a day and age where every company is out to save money and cut out costs(especially Nintendo), it's nice to see once in awhile...

It's 2012. Every game system released since the original Xbox should give its users a way to save and store at no additional cost.

You missed the point buddy...

Re-read and think about it.

What point did he miss. Sure, you're right, they didn't have to do it. But Speev's right too; everyone at this point should be doing it.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Not a problem, I have about 3 chargers around the house for my 3DS, though it's going to be painful for newcomers and the store clerk that has to explain it to them. Stupid NOE.

SO bought, though. I'm sad I missed out on a DSi XL, this will do splendidly.

beje

Banned
Didn't know that - what is NoE doing.

I think it has something to do with electronics regulations in the EU. There has been something about getting rid of chargers on mobile phones + unification of charger port (nearly all phones except for iPhones and some dumbphones use MicroUSB for charging now) to reduce electronic waste. Maybe the 3DS is also affected by this measure, as there's a lot of people that might already have the chargers from a DSi, DSiXL or 3DS around. For example, I already have 3 charger cables for my 3DS and didn't even have DSi back in the day: the one that came with the system, an USB cable that I got for travels and another USB one that came with an extra battery pack.

What point did he miss. Sure, you're right, they didn't have to do it. But Speev's right too; everyone at this point should be doing it.

The point wasn't about whether or not they included a card, it was about the fact that Nintendo chose to upgrade the current 2gb sd card to a 4gb sd card.

Every 3DS comes with a memory card, so that was never the issue.

gogogow

Sony expects Vita owners to also own a PS3. Nintendo expects 3DS XL owners to own a 3DS.

Well, if we're talking about accessories which are a necessity. I own a PS3, if i'm gonna buy a Vita, I will have to buy a overpriced memory card. If you have a DSi, DSi XL or 3DS, you won't have to buy a new adapter, all cross compatible. Though a adapter is still way cheaper than a memory card, I find this to be a weird decision/bad move by Nintendo. Sony are good with cables and shit though, all video cables are cross compatible between PSone and PS3.

Nibel

The ability of some people to bad-mouth almost everything Nintendo does is quite remarkable

They could give out 3DSs for free and people would still complain

AzaK

And yet they didn't bother to pack in an AC adapter.

Comes with an AC adapter in the US....
Probably Europe too.

Not in the UK it won't apparently. Which likely means not in Aussie/NZ. Very, very stupid move. I would feel like a mug buying a console and having to buy the adapter separately. Worse than the vita...just.

The ability of some people to bad-mouth almost everything Nintendo does is quite remarkable

They could give out 3DSs for free and people would still complain
You gotta admit that no AC adapter in the pack is a major scam. When have we seen any other electronics device NOT come with power?

tzare

Looks like Nintendo is doubling the sd card memory capacity for the XL !

Very generous to bundle 4GB with every system

Unlike a rival portable system that requires you to buy a system game bundle to get the 4GB memory card.

but nintendo does not include ac adaptor in certain regions, unlike a rival portable sytem and isn't region free either

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Was E3 that horrible for Nintendo fans? God I wish Nintendo had done better, cages have been rattled and we have to live with the hemming and hawwing for the rest of the year.

gogogow

but nintendo does not include ac adaptor in certain regions, unlike a rival portable sytem and isn't region free either

3DS wasn't region free, so this doesn't come as a surprise. And a AC adapter costs £3-4. Bad move by Nintendo, but Sony is worse with the memory cards. There's a chance people already have a 3DS, DSi or DSi XL, but with Vita, I have two PSP's, but none of the MSPDuo's work :(

tzare

3DS wasn't region free, so this doesn't come as a surprise. And a AC adapter costs £3-4. Bad move by Nintendo, but Sony is worse with the memory cards. There's a chance people already have a 3DS, DSi or DSi XL, but with Vita, I have two PSP's, but none of the MSPDuo's work :(

as if a 4GB SD card was expensive at all. I'd rather have a basic ac adaptor than a SD which i may have some spare ones, especially with such limited storage. Including a slightly bigger memory card on 3DS XL doesn't make vita better or worse,it doesn't come as a surprise because it has been known for months that vita does not include any (despite some bundles available) and 3dS already included one.

i think mentioning that in the first message was just pointless and probably intentional.

PaulLFC

Looks like Nintendo is doubling the sd card memory capacity for the XL !

Unlike a rival portable system that requires you to buy a system game bundle to get the 4GB memory card.
Unlike said rival portable system that includes a charger in the box even if you live outside the US.

Eusis

Unlike said rival portable system that includes a charger in the box even if you live outside the US.
It's plausible that part of why they're doing this is that they released three systems (DSi, DSi XL, 3DS) that included this charger, and so to be greener they skip on this one. In contrast the Vita is the first instance of this charger, and thus MUST include it with every new system. Wouldn't surprise me if a Vita revision dumped it.

Holy Wars

Banned
It's plausible that part of why they're doing this is that they released three systems (DSi, DSi XL, 3DS) that included this charger, and so to be greener they skip on this one. In contrast the Vita is the first instance of this charger, and thus MUST include it with every new system. Wouldn't surprise me if a Vita revision dumped it.

Yeah. nintendo is totally thinking of the planet here

Are you being serious right now?

FyreWulff

Never thought I'd see a Nintendo system come with as much included space in the base model as an Xbox, but there you go

This is how it's done, Sony.

If you had told me about 10-12 years that Nintendo would be the first of the Big 3 to go to completely unproprietary storage, I wouldn't have believed you

mclem

Not in the UK it won't apparently. Which likely means not in Aussie/NZ. Very, very stupid move. I would feel like a mug buying a console and having to buy the adapter separately. Worse than the vita...just.

I'm reminded of the Saturn, which came with a SCART lead but no RF adapter. A bizarre mix of forward-thinking (SCART is good!) and being massively backwards (Everyone's used to RF!)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
guess Nintendo must have converted all those 4GB cards Sony is not going to be including in their AC Liberation bundle. Really bad optics on this for Sony.

But the Vita doesn't use SD cards, it uses some magical super-card and that's why the prices have to be so expensive!

Or so I was told.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Are you being serious right now?

Next month has world class physical gymnastics on show, but right now you get to witness some of the finest mental gymnastics the internet has to offer in situations like this.

But the Vita doesn't use SD cards, it uses some magical super-card and that's why the prices have to be so expensive!
Or so I was told.

The speeds may be disappointing but theres no getting away from the fact these cards are truly rigorously security protected and their crafting probably took up a fair R&D budget.

NinjaBoiX

And omitting an AC adaptor? Generous? I couldn't give a fuck about £3 worth of memory, and I know an AC adaptor won't be much more, but you literally need the adaptor. It's absolute lunacy.

gogogow

I tried, but i didnt find any Sony branded 4GB SD cards for sale.

Try harder, first result.

SD-Micro-SD-Memory-Cards-from-Sony1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom