• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4GB SD card with every Nintendo 3DS XL !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.T.

I think it has something to do with electronics regulations in the EU. There has been something about getting rid of chargers on mobile phones + unification of charger port (nearly all phones except for iPhones and some dumbphones use MicroUSB for charging now) to reduce electronic waste. Maybe the 3DS is also affected by this measure, as there's a lot of people that might already have the chargers from a DSi, DSiXL or 3DS around. For example, I already have 3 charger cables for my 3DS and didn't even have DSi back in the day: the one that came with the system, an USB cable that I got for travels and another USB one that came with an extra battery pack.

Nope, different matter. The universal standard isn't because of electronic waste but annoyances for consumers (and some they for EU politicians). Maybe it has something to do with keeping the same price $ = € which hurts Nintendo quite a bit and not including the AC is a way to recoup some of these costs? Just speculation.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Lol at the troll in the OP.

My Vita did come with a 4GB card. Also it has a much better screen, and twin sticks, and a good touchscreen (two).

Anywho, I'll be keeping my regular 3DS. No need to upgrade when all they did was make it bigger without adding anything.

tzare

Sony are not selling it anymore, but we know it exists. It's not like they somehow don't have the technology to make it anymore...

Anyway, even their SD cards are expensive as fuck. Samsung are selling 32GB Class 10 MicroSD's for way cheaper, £19 vs £45 (32GB Class 4 Sony SD card).

Well, we also know nintendo sells average hw at premium price and vita is high end at a reasonable price. Everything counts.

And if it was a choice for the consumer the sd shouldn't be there either and let user choose if they need a ac adaptor and sd card

Yea but 3DS has games to play.
So does vita. In fact i do own more games for it than i do for 3ds

Kunan

The charger thing is a pretty dumb move. The possible PR fallout is not worth the savings. Also, why in EU? EU already gets shafted on all prices.

Unlike said rival portable system that includes a charger in the box even if you live outside the US.
And charges $80 more for their proprietary 32GB card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom