• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 of Street Fighter V Season 2 characters are going to be newcomers

Varth

Read last two pages and got depressed. All new designs are simply awful. Like bland, amateur level awful, and people wanting attractive characters, national representation and such half explains why Capcom (all fighting games, really) got into this rut. No memorable character will ever come out of having to appease specific categories. Character designers seem do have been relegated to "made to order" work with no space for any creativity.

Raitaro

Ucchedavāda;230649576 said:
But that's 7 blondes in a cast of 16 (~44%), now 10 out of 24 (~42%), compared to 6 blondes in a cast of 44 in USFIV (~14%), or 8 out of 44 if you count the two orange haired characters (~18%). IV had more brunettes and black-haired characters, but those are also much, much more common hairs colour compared to blonde, so it is not so obvious.

And speaking of orange haired characters, USFIV had a couple of additional hair colours:

Bring them back, Capcom!

Well said.

nachum00

Read last two pages and got depressed. All new designs are simply awful. Like bland, amateur level awful, and people wanting attractive characters, national representation and such half explains why Capcom (all fighting games, really) got into this rut. No memorable character will ever come out of having to appease specific categories. Character designers seem do have been relegated to "made to order" work with no space for any creativity.
Yeah, Hakan is the only good newcomer they've designed since 3rd strike. At least the only one that looks like a Street Fighter character.

Numb

Ucchedavāda;230649576 said:
But that's 7 blondes in a cast of 16 (~44%), now 10 out of 24 (~42%), compared to 6 blondes in a cast of 44 in USFIV (~14%), or 8 out of 44 if you count the two orange haired characters (~18%). IV had more brunettes and black-haired characters, but those are also much, much more common hairs colour compared to blonde, so it is not so obvious.

And speaking of orange haired characters, USFIV had a couple of additional hair colours:

Bring them back, Capcom!
Small roster was highlighting it indeed

Severe lack of weapon users

Need santamu with the spear[

maxresdefault.jpg

I love the design of that character (for similar reasons as to why I like Cammy). I'd love to see her get in.

62DVYvctlgEhSN_rgu4B1ljf34DSTwERHGdnqKpJVwrb922pU4Fessttm-gpS2lXD-P6aXG4Trdr4teriL3-oakAuHmSV0A8ziJ_VI2BZuGjR5qlU6qqnVMKNxyD8Eun-G0xOS0O_QTon_dURgKeG5hXEjO2bHbddy-194-bbGwGt-3tICENSchfikS3pb2T11UCVcmWg1R_m_ZZdUsZQj3pZZkwkmTYyKxa7pwJWumPkLQ0dM49augVB20imjOil-cM9qmTHf-k5yyiRPAtkULVMrJc73jMc_sendyLG-75Kh9sH6GlwgyfdF9Ad1LDjDN09CVh5kPiyoGxbpz4DL35ij6qNZXKAFGQiMC2WRoLlJ_DRd2xaNNTeWiOD262EDmniBckcXZwFLcjm1HbapTMh4V-q3Lu0W6-nOI-2JU-1fUl3yZ7Xy-IDQxUZ_Dn07ax_KSUAOkbgdcldD2tDxW-BfuHgmlCY6NCWlVML3tKrBHTcbKmDyrRG2onBdGeWeJQN-kBC13hjS6guBnkPaIBKkpwBJIf4tXeaIlb7tp67_-YGOgoHqkUxvviVmuBuNHBfppxx2-WH_8FZUWFl4IZq2yzuOGHGbo9ZP4EcQAP_h1pes8V0ZtrlwTniFE_5-dHYNfalLzHxABcvTU6WnCPvxCj6sheCItaxoYegg=w628-h335-no

I'd like to see Garuda make it because he looks badass and I was a HUGE fan of EX+Alpha on the PS1 all those years ago.
Abigail interests me because I find big scary guys with female names unsettling.
As an Aussie myself, seeing an Aussie character in a duster coat make the roster, would all be pretty cool. He could ride into the fight on a Silver Brumby, the same way Yang rides his skateboard.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Decapre owns, Laura owns, Abel owns, Gouken owns, Necalli owns. Haters can get left behind.

Village

I would rather not a spear throwing African sterotype woman.

That would be dope.

That would be dope, if they didn't ruin what little presence in had with that.

Yeah, Hakan is the only good newcomer they've designed since 3rd strike. At least the only one that looks like a Street Fighter character.

And he isn't as popular as the ones " who don't look like street fighter characters " maybe what looks and what doesn't look like a sf character doesn't matter. And good design matters, Juri doesn't look like a traditional SF character, but people think she's cool. The design philosophy for SF has changed, and to keep it retained to some antiquated sense of what is and what isn't would just creatively choke the series to death.

Its why tekken designs are so damn good, they just go " EH fuck it, change it up. Fuck it russian robots , eh fuck it Bane throw em in there. Eh fuck it, better Rashid , just put him in there. "

Numb

I would rather not a spear throwing African sterotype woman.

That would be dope.

That would be dope, if they didn't ruin what little presence in had with that.

And he isn't as popular as the ones " who don't look like street fighter characters " maybe what looks and what doesn't look like a sf character doesn't matter. And good design matters, Juri doesn't look like a traditional SF character, but people think she's cool. The design philosophy for SF has changed, and to keep it retained to some antiquated sense of what is and what isn't would just creatively choke the series to death.

Its why tekken designs are so damn good, they just go " EH fuck it, change it up. Fuck it russian robots , eh fuck it Bane throw em in there. Eh fuck it, better Rashid , just put him in there. "

lol better Rashid
They put a golden bird on his shoulder and he somehow pulled it off
Just give me Violent Ken, Ingrid, Maki, Skullomania and I'm good for the rest of the season.

Where's my Skull-O-Mania?*

*Clearly setting himself up for a disappointment

We don't deserve Skullomania

mackmoney

Expecting that they don't let those story mode assets go to waste and that's what well be getting. Dolled up dolls.

Would love to see Hakan back next season. Great character.

Pachinko

To expand on my previous predictions, I think silhouette #5 is a brand new female character who uses pencak silat.

• The headdress shape fits
  • Pencak silat makes use of many different weapons
  • The Raid movies have made pencak silat more well-known in recent years, and Capcom has said that they sometimes look to what’s currently popular when designing Street Fighter characters

I really hope you're on to something here , it's such a hard hitting fighting style , I'd love to see it in SF.

Neoxon

Expecting that they don't let those story mode assets go to waste and that's what well be getting. Dolled up dolls.

Would love to see Hakan back next season. Great character.
Not that the story models matter, Kolin looks to have been remade for her playable model (her playable model is far more detailed than her story model in multiple ways).

Either way, I wouldn't expect all of Season 2 (Akuma aside) to be from Story Mode.

Exodust

Banned
I'd be down for some SF4 characters. Abel was cool and I wouldn't mind C. Viper coming back with a redesign that makes her look less like Fergie.

Top Bottom