• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50 Must-See Movies in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
roosters93 said:
`Moe Joe. said:
crowe-stateofplay-FL1.jpg

State of Play.
04%20Bill%20Bailey%20-%20Belgium%202000.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Neverfade said:
Stopped reading at:

My Bloody Valentine 3-D (Jan 16th)

good to know

Got a few on the list that looks worth the money to watch. Will keep an eye out of them.

polyh3dron said:
That list needs more 500 Days Of Summer.

Hey that movie was so bad that it was awesome, especially in 3D.

Yep, would have added that if I had known about it back then. The Sundance reviews were fantastic. Can't wait.

I'm the process of writing a looking ahead feature for the 2010 Oscars. Would you guys want me to do an all out topic for that? It's just the high caliber films that will likely be considered for awards consideration next year.

Neverfade

Being a manager at a theatre I guess jades the hell out of me.

Gran Torino and Slumdog are about the only two movies I've really enjoyed in months.

mr stroke

DanielPlainview said:
I'm the process of writing a looking ahead feature for the 2010 Oscars. Would you guys want me to do an all out topic for that? It's just the high caliber films that will likely be considered for awards consideration next year.

I would like to see one sure, but are all the releases for this fall set in stone yet? There is some promising stuff coming out. I am just apprehensive to call anything Oscar worthy so early in the year(at least until all the festivals are over)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Scullibundo said:
You better believe it. Cameron's had his usual quota of 4 delays. This time December 18th is set in stone.

It's awfully close to the end of the year though... it could pull a Star Trek.

Eric WK

DanielPlainview said:

Sure, but I'm not sure what it's really going to offer that similar features haven't. I mean, you could just copy and paste In Contention's contender list and there's pretty much everything we know right now to be possible nominees.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
DanielPlainview said:
I was writing a post pointing out that Variety's look at the 2010 Oscars was reason enough to ignore these bullshit awards based around self-fulfilling prophecies, I'll be sure to post that too. What the hell people, let films speak for themselves, not loglines and casts.

Eric WK said:
Sure, but I'm not sure what it's really going to offer that similar features haven't. I mean, you could just copy and paste In Contention's contender list and there's pretty much everything we know right now to be possible nominees.

In Contention isn't always on. They predicted HUGE awards for Defiance, Australia, Changeling last year. I added some they haven't.

mr stroke said:
I would like to see one sure, but are all the releases for this fall set in stone yet? There is some promising stuff coming out. I am just apprehensive to call anything Oscar worthy so early in the year(at least until all the festivals are over)

Nothing is set in stone, but you can get a pretty good idea of what is coming out.

Dan said:
I was writing a post pointing out that Variety's look at the 2010 Oscars was reason enough to ignore these bullshit awards based around self-fulfilling prophecies, I'll be sure to post that too. What the hell people, let films speak for themselves, not loglines and casts.

Well if you look at the history of the awards its a lot of the same people getting nominated. The list is more of what to be on the look out for than actual solid predictions of course.

Well here it is: [Looking Ahead] 2010 Oscar Predictions

Scullibundo said:
Nah, they put it there so it will be exactly 12 years since the day Titanic released (also December 18th).

Well Mr. Cameron better stop giving us dates and start giving us footage/pics because I am so fuckin anxious to see what this thing looks like and even more anxious to see this epic masterpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom