• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5pb - 'XBLA rejected Ketsui and Dodonpachi'

Mr_Furious said:
I'm fine with being denied Cave lovin on XBLA just as long as the retail version of both games hits the states in a timely manner. But if I get denied these games in the U.S. outright I'm going to curl up in the corner and cry like a little girl then after I gain back my composure I'm going to go snap my fucking Crackdown disc in half in disgust.
Hopefully the games will be region free.

Munin

Jesus, people. They will never be region free. It's not like the people to make that decision read this thread and then go "Oh, let's make an exception for them". Chances are higher that some US publisher will pick these titles up eventually.

DeBurgo

Munin said:
Jesus, people. They will never be region free. It's not like the people to make that decision read this thread and then go "Oh, let's make an exception for them". Chances are higher that some US publisher will pick these titles up eventually.
It's pretty funny seeing these two statements right next to each other, since the argument against the game actually coming to the US through a publisher is the same as your first argument. Not a single arcade port of a cave game has ever come to the US, due to licensing costs (cave charges way more for the rights to the games than the games are worth to publish).

On the other hand, somebody on the shmups.com forum sent an email to 5pb and actually got a response back saying they'll consider trying to make the game region free.

I'm not saying you're wrong overall, but it's more up in the air than you say. We could never get the game here, and it could be region locked, or we might get it here and the Japanese version wouldn't have a region lock either or any combination between.

FightyF

Banned
Shard said:
No, no it isn't the straw that broke the camels back since this kind of negative attitude has been literally all month, this is just another bit of angst for the pile. Though here is the amazing thing, for every XBLA is totally shit, hate you MS , you got on the other side of the coin, when good news is uncovered, (like Ikaruga and Mr. Driller Online release dates) it is all yes, yes, XBLA is the greatest, Microsoft is a golden god. It really a mood swing mentality towards the extreme with no middle ground.

I can agree with that...I think my own reaction has been like that.

But it's all done for my love of what XBLA represents.

You and I know that XBLA had unrealized potential, and then started to realize some of that potential. News like this seems like a big step backwards.

Top Bottom