• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

65th Primetime Emmys | Hosted by Neil Patrick Harris | Sept. 22 8e/5p

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj hazuki

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

iammeiam

I assume they only won because The Newsroom somehow failed to be nominated.

(still salty over the best actor travesty.)

TylerD

I watched the first season and 2 episodes of the 2nd season when they came out.. I should probably watch the rest of Breaking Bad.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I watched the first season and 2 episodes of the 2nd season when they came out.. I should probably watch the rest of Breaking Bad.

They are starting a marathon of the entire series on Wednesday all the way up to the finale on Sunday. Do it.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
42 Emmy wins? Whoa.

Unless they said 42 noms. That would make more sense, but I thought I heard wins.

addik

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. I thought maybe, just maybe, Veep would sneak in and steal it.

Well it's been getting a lot of attention, I'd say. Last year, we only JLD nominated, now we have Anna Chlumsky and Tony Hale as well, with Tony Hale winning.

And I have to say, that little bit that JLD and Tony Hale did would definitely bring in some more interested viewers and attention to Veep. It was a brilliant idea.

Modern Family again?

Ugh, last season of the show was pretty average and several great other comedy noms (Louie, VEEP, and nearly perfect final season of 30 Rock).

Breaking Bad, yay. Would have been just has happy with Game of Thrones, but well deserved.

Yearly I do not get how it's humanly possible for Jim Parsons to win against people like Alec Baldwin, but I'm pretty used to that by now.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Only got 7/17 correct! Boo!

Anyway:

Tony Hale! Huzzah! Totally deserved. And if Laura Dern had to lose to someone, I'd rather it be to no one other than JLD. Her speech skit with Tony Hale was fantastic.

Just like last year, it was down between Anna Gunn and Christina Hendricks for me, and I'm very happy that one of them finally won. Well deserved.

Bobby Cannavale and Jeff Daniels for the major upsets! Wow!

Clapping during the death slideshow? WTF no class at all. Blegh.

The choreographed dance number with all the TV show intros was great. Very well done.

Overall, I felt that there were far too many skits and tributes and other stupid things used to pad out this dull event all the way to 3 hours. Thankfully I had a handheld RPG to grind, otherwise I wouldn't have made it.

Nikki Finke is a nightmare.

Yeah, but you have to admit that that opening segment was horrible.

Cannavale is dating Rose Byrne? Well, he won this award show.

Also, the genetic lottery. Fans of Boardwalk Empire will know what I'm talking about. ;)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Does the whole cast of Breaking Bad get an emmy?

The 2013 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series was awarded to:

Vince Gilligan, Executive Producer
Mark Johnson, Executive Producer
Michelle MacLaren, Executive Producer
Melissa Bernstein, Co-Executive Producer
Sam Catlin, Co-Executive Producer
Peter Gould, Co-Executive Producer
George Mastras, Co-Executive Producer
Thomas Schnauz, Co-Executive Producer
Moira Walley-Beckett, Supervising Producer
Bryan Cranston, Producer
Diane Mercer, Producer
Stewart A. Lyons, Produced By

MQbqYVv.gif

You are going to Belize, Cannavale.

Other than that, I'm glad Breaking Bad finally got Best Drama. Next year is a fucking lock and it's going to be a swept in every category.

It was obvious this year the Emmys wanted to give everyone a piece of the cake (I love Daniels but come the fuck on) but next year? Next year the empire business takes all the meth profits home.

Nuklear

Banned
Someone clear this up for me. House of Cards was nominated for best drama(which it should have been, no argument for me there) but it wasn't aired on cable so how did it get nominated for an award? Is there some sort of loophole that includes Netflix type services or did I miss the airing on cable?

Okay, just finished my speedy watch of the show.

The good: Tony Hale winning. Tina Fey getting one last 30 Rock trophy. JLD winning for Veep. Colbert finally breaking The Daily Show's streak. Abi Morgan winning an Emmy for The Hour (it's a shame it was cancelled), James Cromwell showing us his mossy bank and collecting a trophy for AHS:Asylum, Anna Gunn winning (suck on that misogynistic Skyler haters), Breaking Bad finally getting the best drama award it has deserved for every season it's been on the air.

The "I'm alright with that": Laura Linney winning for The Big C:Hereafter which righted the ship after a disastrous third season, Claire Danes winning for Homeland.

The "What the fuck were they thinking?": Behind the Candelabra winning so many awards (it was good but Top of the Lake or AHS: Asylum were both much better), Bobby Cannavale winning for the one note character of Gyp Rosetti over the likes of Jonathan Banks, Aaron Paul, and Mandy Patinkin. Cannavale is a great actor in other things but there is only so much you can do with such poor writing.

The "It's so bad I never even imagined it could possibly happen": Jeff Daniels winning for The Newsroom. Terrible show, terrible performance. One of the most annoying characters to grace the small screen over the past few years. Everyone who voted for him should be strapped down Clockwork Orange style and be forced to mainline that turd for the rest of their lives.

Someone clear this up for me. House of Cards was nominated for best drama(which it should have been, no argument for me there) but it wasn't aired on cable so how did it get nominated for an award? Is there some sort of loophole that includes Netflix type services or did I miss the airing on cable?

There aren't actually any rules about this. Netflix is technically a network.

mr stroke

Fuck is it possible that John Hamm never wins an Emmy ? :(

Last season was fucking amazing. Hamm should have had that locked...

Fuck is it possible that John Hamm never wins an Emmy ? :(

Last season was fucking amazing. Hamm should have had that locked...

yeah it's pretty fucking stupid. if they're not going to give it to cranston for once then the only other option at this point is jon hamm. instead they troll don draper by giving it to daniels haha.

they're saving his for mad men's final season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom