• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7800X3D review thread

darrylgorn

7800X3D​

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Jesus, I fell for the 7950x3D hype. Hope it actually performs better in Unreal Engine 5.2 productivity or I'm gonna throw a fit.

GHG

Jesus, I fell for the 7950x3D hype. Hope it actually performs better in Unreal Engine 5.2 productivity or I'm gonna throw a fit.

All the productivity benchmarks have the 7950x3d well ahead, don't worry about it. If that what you also need it for then you made the right choice.

ramuh

Def going to be in my next build.
TBH im kinda pissed about nvidia lack of VRAM. Ugh. Probably going to be a 4080

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I don't really understand the modern CPU market. What exactly is the point of getting CPUs like these? When are you going to be CPU bound in a game?
Benchmarks show games in 1080p no RT etc just so they can show the FPS when CPU bound, but who plays like this? In reality you are going to be GPU bound.
I understand there is an argument for competitive games wanting high framerates, but those games are less demanding in the first place and not difficult to get to high FPS.
I'm regularly CPU bound with a 12700k and 7900xtx @1440p

You're also better off being GPU bound than CPU bound, you'll get less stuttering.

50 Watts means that Sony could take the 7800x3d on a smaller node and put it directly into the PlayStation 6 as it is high clocked 30 watts.We would have one of the best CPUs in a console.In 2-3 years this CPU will still be one of the fastes

Tomi

I dont understand this
I have old cpu i7 7800x and i tried playing on friend's computer ( he got core i5 13600k ) and we got almost same fps in 4k ( we both have 3090 gpu )
Why should i upgrade processor when only gpu matters on better resolutions?

GHG

I dont understand this
I have old cpu i7 7800x and i tried playing on friend's computer ( he got core i5 13600k ) and we got almost same fps in 4k ( we both have 3090 gpu )

Your GPU likely isn't strong enough to be causing your CPU any issues. But if you upgrade to a 4080/4090 or stronger then you'll likely want to upgrade that CPU to get the best out of the GPU.

That and 1% lows.

winjer

Gold Member
I dont understand this

You are GPU limited.
But chances are, your friend has much better 1% lows.

Reactions: GHG
Top Bottom