• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7th Guest VR - Releasing 10/19

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
An 11th hour follow-up would be amazing, that was my preferred game of the two back in the day. I'm not sure today's audiences would handle those puzzles, though... particularly the cryptograms and other complex wordplay of the later clues.

Krathoon

It would be great if they could improve the 11th Hour story. Give it some more depth.

Also, if they could change the "Let's Make a Deal" ending. That would be great.

You also have the whole thing with the house raping two women.

Krathoon

The 11th Hour is more of a squicky game. It is very much B movie horror.

Also, the house is in a different location. I wish they kept it on the cliff.

I like how they got it on an island in the remake.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
The 11th Hour is more of a squicky game. It is very much B movie horror.
I've never cared about the story of either game, it doesn't do anything for me except as atmosphere.

But 11th Hour had the searching puzzles that I enjoyed so much, my favorite part from either game. It's not cheap hidden object hunting like in shovelware games of course, but used complex wordplay, riddles, crytographs, etc. It was great fun and actually made it more important to observe all the details of the rooms. In contrast, the scenery in 7th Guest was unimportant, so it feels empty to me in retrospect.

Krathoon

That is the great thing about the remake. They make the scenery more relevant. Each of the rooms are tailored to the guests.

You get more characterization.

Also, the puzzles are linked together in the rooms.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Have requested a Steam refund. Will stick to the Quest 3 version. Really enjoying this game so far. It’s a fantastic VR chilled experience.

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
This game definitely makes me feel stupid from time to time but it’s very rewarding solving those puzzles.
I think this would be a perfect game for someone new to VR. It’s very relaxing and super comfortable. I really do need to find a large space somewhere so that I can walk around a full room without using locomotion. That would be very cool.

Top Bottom