• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play Podcast (Mark MacDonald x John Ricciardi x Hiroko Minamoto x sprsk)

Gomu Gomu

bYNbs.jpg

Every other week, tune into 8-4 Play for talk about video games, Japan, and Japanese video games, straight from the 8-4 offices in beautiful downtown Tokyo. Hosted by 1UP Japan?s own Mark MacDonald, John Ricciardi, and Hiroko Minamoto.
http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3181465

About damn time :D

8-4 Play 9/17/2010: TOKYO GAME SHOW PANIC!
Special Guest and 1UP.com podcast-legend Garnett Lee joins the 8-4-some in a game-by-game analysis of everything at the 2010 Tokyo Game Show, including Tactics Ogre, Parasite Eve, Yakuza, Castlevania, Monster Hunter, El Shaddai, Mega Man Universe, Child of Eden, and more. And before you start, be sure to listen to Weekend Confirmed Ep. 26 over at Shacknews.com to get the first half of our TGS 2010 discussion!

(48.7 MB) - Length: 1:10:55​

john tv said:
iTunes link is finally live: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/8-4-play/id393557569

Second episode coming this Thursday -- w/guest Shane Bettenhausen and a special segment w/Ryan Payton -- then we'll go biweekly from there.

Thanks for the feedback and support!

I thought it was a really strong first show, of course it didn't hurt that with TGS there was plenty to talk about. I liked that every topic seemed to have just the right amount of time, and nothing dragged on.

Anyway, if there were any way you guys could get Yamaoka on the show to talk about DAMNED, what it's like doing a completely different game, etc, that would be perfectly awesome.

Great show, tuning in next.. week after next? well that part sucks.

john tv

Aeana said:
Cool, I will check it out.
Still waiting for the site to open. :(
Haha. Actually check back Monday or Tuesday. I just need to push a few buttons and it'll be online. :)

john tv

SnowWolf said:
Probably, isn't she John Riccardi's girlfriend?
Not my girlfriend, just my business partner. She's been on the Kojipro cast a few times tho, yes. (She's not actually on ep 1 of 8-4 Play, but she'll be on ep 2 for a bit at least.)

She knows pretty much everyone in the J-Game industry so we're hoping she'll invite some of her friends on the show. :) We do want feedback from you guys as to what kind of guests you'd want us to try and get, what kind of things you want us to talk about, etc. etc., so please let us know!

Elixist

SnowWolf said:
Probably, isn't she John Riccardi's girlfriend?

I want your avatar as my girlfriend. On topic though sweet, miss me some Mark McDizzle so will be checking this out soon.

StuBurns

Banned
If you can get Ken Imaizumi, that'd be pretty awesome. So many questions you could throw at the guy that he'd never answer and we could pour over the various pauses and uncomfortable noises and interpret them wildly.

Having worked on Level-5 stuff a fair bit, someone working on Ninokuni would be great too.

Anyone at Platinum Games.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Finally! Will listen!

(And this means Here Comes A New Challenger for our own humble podcast, alas!)

john tv

Aokage said:
Finally! Will listen!

We're all friends! In fact, as soon as you get back here, we have to have you on 8-4 Play ASAP! :)

Finally another podcast to add to my meager subscription list!

Aokage said:
Finally! Will listen!

Don't worry, I'll always listen to you guys too.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
john tv said:
We're all friends! In fact, as soon as you get back here, we have to have you on 8-4 Play ASAP! :)

Guest crossover! Done!

Awesome. Can't wait to listen.

john tv said:
She knows pretty much everyone in the J-Game industry so we're hoping she'll invite some of her friends on the show. :) We do want feedback from you guys as to what kind of guests you'd want us to try and get, what kind of things you want us to talk about, etc. etc., so please let us know!

Talk to someone from Cave about the iPhone and the West and all that jazz. I've been wanting to read/hear more about them for a while. :)

Fixed1979

Question: How do I add the file to my iTunes podcast and not the general song list?
Comment: I fucking hate iTunes.

john tv said:

I would love to hear a localization team interrogate Yoshio Sakamoto about Metroid: Other M.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
very interested in this. I need a new podcast.

Guv_Bubbs

Banned
I've been waiting SO long for this =D I'm so glad it's here. I hope they keep it going and hopefully talk about their work if they can

tino

Banned
What's this "Gaal Gun" thing they were talking about? What's correct spelling?

P.S. Get the drunk Ben Judd on the show kthx.

sun-drop

added to my google listen queue ... i'm done with giant bomb, if this is any good it can be my 2nd podcast next to weekendconfirmed

Elixist

Just listened to the new weekend confirmed and enjoyed what i heard from you guys. The mic volumes were kinda fucked up tho Sprsk was loud as fuck and John's mic was really quiet. I agree with you sprsk on dmc on a wait and see approach. Will the game be mediocre? Probably. Should we just shit all over it based on a cutscene teaser? No. Maybe its a completely different Dante who the fuck knows, seems like they may be throwing a curveball. Back on topic downloading second half now.

Edit: forgot to say it was awesome hearing Mark McD again, him and Garnett's bickering is fucking great. Would've been epic to have the mangod there as well.

Top Bottom