• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 9/1/2017: BEST OF THE BEST

qKdp5o0.png

8-4 Play 9/1/2017: BEST OF THE BEST
Metroid: Samus Returns, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Dragon Quest XI, Secret of Mana remake, Fist of the North Star, Nindies showcase, Famitsu and Edge top 100s, and more!

Running Time: 1:25:27
・ Direct Download (48.9MB)
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via iTunes
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via RSS Feed
・ Follow 8-4 Play on Twitter (twitter.com/84play)
・ Follow 8-4 on Facebook (facebook.com/hachinoyon)

Time – Topic Discussed:
16:11 – Metroid: Samus Returns
28:00 – Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
34:10 – Gran Blue Fantasy
35:20 – Dragon Quext XI
38:00 – Games we wish we were playing
43:37 – Secret of Mana Remake
47:38 – Yakuza Team announcements
53:06 – Menat
55:24 – News: PSVR price drop, goodbye Miiverse, Street Fighter 2 rerelease
1:03:30 – Nindies Showcase
1:11:22 – Famitsu/Edge top 100
1:19:00 – Closing comments

Downloading now. How soon after the last episode was the Mana remake announced? I remember they discussed the M2 re-release briefly last time, but not the remake itself.

Ibuki

Banned
tumblr_m1uookk2vw1rs4buoo1_500.png

Looking forward to listening later tonight.

Downloading now. How soon after the last episode was the Mana remake announced? I remember they discussed the M2 re-release briefly last time, but not the remake itself.

It was announced one week after the last episode released.

urfe

I love top 100 lists, but more love reading them that jumping into comments about people talking about them, because people seem to take something that is ultimately fun and silly and take it super super serious.

I like that BOTW was number 1 in Edge, because it topped Final Fantasy Tactics are my favorite game. Maybe the test of time will put FFT back on top after another play through, but the game definitely affected this much.

I love that Dragon Quest III is number 2 in Famitsu. As mentioned, you got to wonder about the age demographic. I would love it if to vote you had to fill out a short survey (age, gender, etc.) so that they could provide that sort of info.

The Secret of Mana does nothing for me because... I have the Secret of Mana Collection, which is exactly what I wanted. So I have what I want, they can make whatever C-class remake they want now.

The outro of Graeme giving his Top 5 should've been a planned thing!

(still waiting for the next time John and Mark are both not around so that there could be a Let's Listen, or whatever it was called)

edit: oh, and that miscommunication when John was merely calling NMH the third game to have been released, and Graeme understood it as NMH3, and went into why it's not that. That was good.

Alucrid

Banned
i don't dislike penelo enough to say she's the worst final fantasy character, but i also don't care enough to dispute that statement

Thanks for answering my question. I noticed aevanko talking about MH Fatigue on his Twitter and in Amazon reviews which is where I got that line of thinking.

Graham (or however it's spelled) lost months of goodwill with his comments on the Mana remake. I've never seen anything uglier, and I review poop research.

I would like everyone to know that I have scribed a letter to the Winnipeg Art Museum letting them know that they have failed their community.

But then he won me back by immediately naming Zombies Ate My Neighbors as the perfect SNES cart deserving a glow-in-the-dark case.

A net loss overall I think - I will never again respect Graham's opinion on game art - but what a ride.

EDIT: Went back to watch another Mana clip to make sure I'm not overstating things and OMG I forgot about the voice acting as well. This is a total nightmare, and no member of any localization company should ever utter a positive or even neutral word about it: https://youtu.be/ujF9CZJyshQ?t=2m4s

john tv

Graham (or however it's spelled) lost months of goodwill with his comments on the Mana remake. I've never seen anything uglier, and I review poop research.

I would like everyone to know that I have scribed a letter to the Winnipeg Art Museum letting them know that they have failed their community.

But then he won me back by immediately naming Zombies Ate My Neighbors as the perfect SNES cart deserving a glow-in-the-dark case.

A net loss overall I think - I will never again respect Graham's opinion on game art - but what a ride.

EDIT: Went back to watch another Mana clip to make sure I'm not overstating things and OMG I forgot about the voice acting as well. This is a total nightmare, and no member of any localization company should ever utter a positive or even neutral word about it: https://youtu.be/ujF9CZJyshQ?t=2m4s
LOL, wow...hadn't seen those voices before. Yiiikes.

Doopliss

You should do an 8-4 Play top 100 games. Also please ask for listener nominations so we get to feel a part of it and because it would be fun to hear you crap on your fans' most beloved games!
Psyched for 3 weekly episodes in a row!
This occasion surely warrants its own hype vehicle. Hype boat? Hype tram?

You should do an 8-4 Play top 100 games. Also please ask for listener nominations so we get to feel a part of it and because it would be fun to hear you crap on your fans' most beloved games!

This occasion surely warrants its own hype vehicle. Hype boat? Hype tram?
Spoiler, Super Metroid will win.

Top Bottom