• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8+ Hour Long Killer Instinct Season 3 Stream, showcasing competitive matches

daman824

Gargos is cool, but I'd rather have his "spot" taken by a completely new character, especially since RAAM is in.

Also, assuming they spend the time modeling and animating gargos for a boss fight, I fully expect he'll be a bonus character released somewhere down the line

Doukou

Above post, Gargos is probably last so last person to work. RAAM and Mira are probably next update in two months so probably playable in some form.

Mira is probably the vampire than, she was dead so it seems like a good way to bring her back along with a new archtype(maybe even villain) since there is a lack of them this season.

Ryce

Missed opportunity if it's true. Phantom Dust is the perfect well to draw from for great characters if they were to do a 3rd guest character. Maya already has a costume that's specifically a call out to it as well so IG very obviously knows about PD.
Halo and Gears are Microsoft's top IPs, so it makes sense to include RAAM over someone from an obscure game like Phantom Dust.

Zeta Oni

We're lucky we get the support we do with KI. IG has made miracles happen with their insane deadlines and a low budget. They really are insanely talented and don't get the recognition they deserve IMO

Yeah, watching the shit they get by the FGC for Killer Instinct is more than annoying.

Both double helix and iron galaxy took something that could have nothing more than a nostalgia cashgrab, and made a legit fighter thats both amazing to watch and amazing to play.

they consistantly do cool shit for their community, like the shago fundraiser or the livestream balance changes for S3, and they do it all with the budget of my lunch basically.

Still, they find ways to innovate and continue to impress.

How many fighting games see all charachters used in big tourneys?
How many fighting games have completely different rules for a large percentage of the cast, and yet still maintain balance?
How many fighting games have the god tier netcode this game has?

but none of that shit matters cause "lol, xbone (and now W10) exclusive"

vg260

Yeah, watching the shit they get by the FGC for Killer Instinct is more than annoying.

Both double helix and iron galaxy took something that could have nothing more than a nostalgia cashgrab, and made a legit fighter thats both amazing to watch and amazing to play.

they consistantly do cool shit for their community, like the shago fundraiser or the livestream balance changes for S3, and they do it all with the budget of my lunch basically.

Still, they find ways to innovate and continue to impress.

How many fighting games see all charachters used in big tourneys?
How many fighting games have completely different rules for a large percentage of the cast, and yet still maintain balance?

but none of that shit matters cause "lol, xbone (and now W10) exclusive"

I don't agree with every design decision they've made, but yeah, pretty much this. I've been super impressed by the job done on this game.

It definitely is.. I want to see Eyedol back. All that needs to be done is remove his satyr legs.

We still don't have a character that reflects projectiles back, right?

Dai101

Banned

8yjFBYn.jpg

Which, by the way, is an arcade perfect port done by Iron Galaxy.

Zedox

As much as I like leaks...I appreciate the IG/MS team who work on KI that I'd rather get the information as they want to give it out.

vg260

As much as I like leaks...I appreciate the IG/MS team who work on KI that I'd rather get the information as they want to give it out.

Yeah, I feel bad for them here even if not true because of how they'll get pestered and they surely have reveal plans. With the streams they've been putting in the work. The game's not coming any sooner than March 29 anyway.

I'd like it that way too...if it was more reasonable. What was the point of having us wait until MARCH to find out the release date? Why still no pricing info? Why only three stages? There's been a pretty big failure (imo) in regards to the marketing and PR of this game. I would have rather learned about Shadow Lords in full from them directly...but we still don't even know pricing.

Would it be really hard to give us a road map or release stuff? Things to look forward before launch? Killer Instinct, back in S1, was all about being transparent, no we're luck to get a damn launch date. I'm not saying tell us everything but why not something like:

March 1st - Bundle and Pricing Options
March 10th - Character color and accessories reveal.
March 14th - New Music release
March 19th - Brand new mode reveal
March 25th - Full reveal trailer
March 29th - Launch

Zedox

I'd like it that way too...if it was more reasonable. What was the point of having us wait until MARCH to find out the release date? Why still no pricing info? Why only three stages? There's been a pretty big failure (imo) in regards to the marketing and PR of this game. I would have rather learned about Shadow Lords in full from them directly...but we still don't even know pricing.

Would it be really hard to give us a road map or release stuff? Things to look forward before launch? Killer Instinct, back in S1, was all about being transparent, no we're luck to get a damn launch date.

Oh I definitely agree, I wish they marketed the game better (and more) especially with the guest characters. They did some things but KI isn't as big as a SFV per se. I wish they were more transparent with some things...I mean, most likely they can tell us that it will cost even though we have a good educated guess but then they'll have to reveal everything so that we have a reason to know why things cost what they do. I wish we had more hype but I'm still off of the high of Sunday where we have 10 hours of Season 3 gameplay. I'm more patient than most but yea, I definitely understand.

Sydle

thread on KI forums was deleted

heh

lol this shit should have been announced already. The game is releasing in 3 weeks and we know very little.

I'm good with Mira coming back as a vampire or villain.

I don't care for RAAM, but he's fine.

Gargos better make it in.

All of MS tent pole franchises are in now. Halo,Gears and Battletoads.

Lamborghini Centenario for S4.

edit: Honestly, this leak is the best kind; it's a little uncertain, a little unclear, so it banks the fires of speculation without giving too much away. Like, we know there's a Shadow Lords thing, and we know there's a picture of a globe, but that's IT. We get to wonder and postulate and discuss, which is all great fun, and then IG gets to swoop in with the big reveal and the details. Best of both worlds, imo.

The Flash

Banned
Rare related games have a serious issue here on GAF. No one wants to give KI and Sea of Thieves a chance because they would have to either get an Xbox or use the Windows Store. It keeps discussions of these down to a minimum and I hate it.

Rare related games have a serious issue here on GAF. No one wants to give KI and Sea of Thieves a chance because they would have to either get an Xbox or use the Windows Store. It keeps discussions of these down to a minimum and I hate it.

Plus, there's the inevitable "Fuck this give Banjo" posts. We get it, you love mascot platformers, Yooka-Laylee is over thataway.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd much rather games keep things under-wraps until release rather than blowing their load early only for their fanbase to inevitably get overhyped and disappointed when it hits. I don't give a shit about how early I know about content, but it's cool to get a load a good surprises when I actually play it.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd much rather games keep things under-wraps until release rather than blowing their load early only for their fanbase to inevitably get overhyped and disappointed when it hits. I don't give a shit about how early I know about content, but it's cool to get a load a good surprises when I actually play it.

It's not so much of a thing with f2p games like KI, but I like to know what I'm in for before I buy.

Unless you mean just not revealing stuff way out in front of launch, in which case I agree.

Leflus

All of MS tent pole franchises are in now. Halo,Gears and Battletoads.
I wish Fable was still one of the big franchises. Jack of Blades could have been a great guest character. :(

Battletoads is hardly tent pole.

god I hope they're making a new one
It is a tadpole franchise, though!

I... I'll leave myself out.

Plus, there's the inevitable "Fuck this give Banjo" posts. We get it, you love mascot platformers, Yooka-Laylee is over thataway.
Plus the obnoxious "Rare has no talent lol" posts.

Doukou

Leak confirmed lol

So we have..

Rash
Kim
Tusk
Arbiter
Kira
General RAAM
Gargos

8th character might be another Shadow (probably Orchid) or another guest

There's your 8.

I'd imagine there wouldn't be a 2nd shadow in the season pass. We have always gotten 8 complete characters and 1 shadow. When Isgreen asked the question it was a lot later(Jan?), so I imagine it was asked after the roster was already decided upon/designed and was more for another community fund situation or post season character.

Maybe I'm just trying to justify that it can't happen as I would be disappointed with a shadow character.

That's typically fine but the way it's handled for KI has been atrocious.

We're less than 3 weeks from launch and we only know of four characters and the total amount of characters and stages for the season. We're still left in the dark about pricing, pre-ordering, new UI, new modes, accessories, whether they are making changes to existing modes, etc.

There's just way too much stuff that's being kept wrapped up, which would be fine if the game was being released in a couple months, not a couple weeks.

Zedox

I'd rather get the final week with all the news. Each day gimmie news. Just KI it out. One thing they have to look at is because Quantum Break comes out the following week, MS is going to market that game as well. So i'm guessing that they'll have some news to give us that doesn't come to close to QB so both games can shine.

If you think about it, this week they are giving us some Ori information. So maybe they will give us info the week of. And then more of QB on that week of release.

The Flash

Banned
That's typically fine but the way it's handled for KI has been atrocious.

We're less than 3 weeks from launch and we only know of four characters and the total amount of characters and stages for the season. We're still left in the dark about pricing, pre-ordering, new UI, new modes, accessories, whether they are making changes to existing modes, etc.

There's just way too much stuff that's being kept wrapped up, which would be fine if the game was being released in a couple months, not a couple weeks.

It's made work on the IT slow down to a crawl. There's so much that i can't do because I don't know what is and what isn't. It's really frustrating cause I have a lot of ideas that I want to implement but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to or not.

ScOULaris

A third guest character? Come on now. No need to dilute the KI "universe" so much for the sake of desperately appealing to people who are fans of other completely unrelated games. I really don't like that.

Zeta Oni

Word is they just leaked the season 4 list:

Drew from Scalebound
A Toyota Camry
Phil spencers T shirts
The Duke controller
The Cloud
Solid Snake
The Rza
The Gza
and micheal pachters twitter.

shiit is gonna be fire.

edit: Nurburgring confirmed playable map

Leflus

Drew from Scalebound
A Toyota Camry
Phil spencers T shirts
The Duke controller
The Cloud
Solid Snake
The Rza
The Gza

shiit is gonna be fire.
Bonzi Buddy got robbed.

Doukou

I'm thinking Shadow Lords could be some kind of mini game? Like that iOS game about a global virus.

Plague

Maybe. To me it looks X-com light, you have your team who you send on missions when a mission comes on after how many days. You will probably fight shadow(effect) characters.

Drew from Scalebound
A Toyota Camry
Phil spencers T shirts
The Duke controller
The Cloud
Solid Snake
The Rza
The Gza

shiit is gonna be fire.

edit: Nurburgring confirmed playable map

Wait... Clippit isn't a playable character?? Fuck this game!

Zackat

A third guest character? Come on now. No need to dilute the KI "universe" so much for the sake of desperately appealing to people who are fans of other completely unrelated games. I really don't like that.

There is an Ice Alien looking dude that can fight a Velociraptor. Why not sword and pike wielding aliens?

Game looks amazing except for Tusks ugly mug. Day 1 Windows 10 store bois.

Zeta Oni

Wait... Clippit isn't a playable character?? Fuck this game!

according my sources, Clippy will be featured in the new Dojo mode, called "wait, thats not what i wanted"

everytime you pick a new lesson, clippy drops down and teaches you how to open your endokuken in MS paint.

Top Bottom