• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8 minutes of Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link

sublimit

Banned
I haven't seen a thread about this and i think the game looks amazing.Screenshots and video don't have very good quality but they are enough to show the high production values of this game.Visually it will easily give Final Fantasy a run for its money IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Hl3dRxGE8

The Platinum Games-developed action RPG resurfaces.

Cygames debuted eight minutes of gameplay from its Platinum Games-developed Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link for PlayStation 4 during the final stage event at Granblue Fantasy Fes 2017.

The game’s official website was also updated with four new screenshots, a screenshots page, and removed the links to the game’s two previous trailers.

Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link is due out for PlayStation 4 in Japan in 2018.
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/eight-minutes-granblue-fantasy-project-re-link-gameplay-screenshots

Granblue-Fantasy-Project-Re-Link_2017_12-23-17_001.jpg

Granblue-Fantasy-Project-Re-Link_2017_12-23-17_002.jpg

Granblue-Fantasy-Project-Re-Link_2017_12-23-17_003.jpg

Granblue-Fantasy-Project-Re-Link_2017_12-23-17_004.jpg

xviper

nothing special, looks like a generic Square enix JRPG

Platinum haven't done anything good since MGR

Visually it will easily give Final Fantasy a run for its money IMO.
screenshots[/url]

have you played FFXV ?? it makes this game looks like a decade old

sublimit

Banned

Artistically FFXV looked like a stitched mess.Most individual elements (characters,props,architecture) looked great on their own but as a whole not so much. Granblue has a much more coherent artistic vision.

blackjon24

Lol ff15 looks an entire generation ahead of this.

This game looks pretty fun though the gameplay reminds me of dragon quest heroes a lot

Barakov

Gold Member
As someone who's put some time into GranBlue, I'm really interested in this. Technically looks pretty rough, though.

Dunki

NJust Nier Automata one of the best games this year.

Aslo this looks really really good. If this an MMO or a real SP JRPG? Oh boy I hope we will get it here too^^

royox

8 minutes of this video has already better gameplay and open world stuff than the whole FFXV.

Dunki

8 minutes of this video has already better gameplay and open world stuff than the whole FFXV.

They are twodifferent games. What makes FFXV so incredibly were the animations and the group interactions. I doubt we will see any game soon that will archive this. This game looks more like a traditional JRPG with Platinum style combat which is nothing bad of course.

Wonko_C

Is this based on that cellphone game with the race of pointy-eared women with huge boo- er, horns?

Lame joke aside, I don't have any personal investment in the franchise but Platinum action-rpg combat = will keep a close eye on it.

sublimit

Banned
Some new info from the latest issues of Dengeki and Famitsu:
-“When playing single-player, the other three characters are controlled by AI. There is also four-person multiplayer.”

-“Since we developed the non-graphics parts side by side [with the graphics], I wonder if we will be able to see the goal in a little while.”

-“Since we cannot compromise on graphics, Cygames and CyDesignation staff are being stationed at Platinum Games.”

-The team has reached a point where it can say it feels good about the basic actions.

-New information beyond this past weekend’s Granblue Fantasy Fes 2017 is still a little while ahead.

-The graphics will improve even further.

-The goal is to make a game in which players can enjoy “situations” where the course changes from one to the next, as well as enjoy “multiplayer.”
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/granblu...r-person-multiplayer-wont-compromise-graphics

Pejo

I just got into Granblue a few months ago, but I'm 100% in on this game now. I remember seeing this pop up a long time ago but I had no real idea what Granblue was at that time.

I have to wonder how they're handling which characters make it in to the game, though. There's lots of fan favorites, it'd be significant work to 3D model them all.

I hope Mimlemel makes it in just for the sound effects.

Graphics look like exactly what I wanted in a JRPG from this gen. Good artistic direction and not nuts about realism. (I also think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 did this well).

Anyways, can't wait for this, hope it gets localized.

I just got into Granblue a few months ago, but I'm 100% in on this game now. I remember seeing this pop up a long time ago but I had no real idea what Granblue was at that time.

I have to wonder how they're handling which characters make it in to the game, though. There's lots of fan favorites, it'd be significant work to 3D model them all.

I hope Mimlemel makes it in just for the sound effects.

Graphics look like exactly what I wanted in a JRPG from this gen. Good artistic direction and not nuts about realism. (I also think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 did this well).

Anyways, can't wait for this, hope it gets localized.

There really are a lot of characters in this series so I, too, wonder who will end up in the roster of playable characters.

If I had to guess I would say that the whole main cast from the anime adaptation will be playable but who knows about everyone else.

royox

What makes FFXV so incredibly were the animations and the group interactions. I doubt we will see any game soon that will archive this.

"My country has been destroyed, my dad died and maybe my fiancee too"

3 seconds later...

"HEY NOCT!!! WHAT KIND OF PICS SHOULD I TAKE??? LET'S SEE THE CHOCOBOOOOOOS!"

Yeah, I doubt we will see any game soon that archieves this level of poor character interaction.

Pejo

There really are a lot of characters in this series so I, too, wonder who will end up in the roster of playable characters.

If I had to guess I would say that the whole main cast from the anime adaptation will be playable but who knows about everyone else.

Yea main cast is for sure. Plus, we have Percy in the footage already, so that's a good sign. That means there's good shot we're getting fan favorites like Vira, Yuel, Drang & Sturm, etc.

Gitaroo

3 seconds later...

Yeah, I doubt we will see any game soon that archieves this level of poor character interaction.

Very much this, thats why I can never get into the game, well beside the game also play like shit imo. Its like they spend the majority of time building tech then slap a story and some half ass gameplay on top of it and now they are ditching everything they built.

Hmm it looks a bit generic but since it's Platinium gameplay should be good and I've spent enough time in Shadowverse to be interested in Cygames worlds :)

Dunki

3 seconds later...

I am talking abut their banter, and interactions animationswise. this was the first game I really saw the friendship in these animatons. I am not talking about any part of the story here.

royox

I am talking abut their banter, and interactions animationswise. this was the first game I really saw the friendship in these animatons. I am not talking about any part of the story here.

I agree about the animations but if you think the banter was somehow good you never played any Mass Effect or Dragon Age Game. THAT'S what party banter should be.

I agree about the animations but if you think the banter was somehow good you never played any Mass Effect or Dragon Age Game. THAT'S what party banter should be.

Mass Effect had pretty crappy banter. The best ones were in two parts of KOTOR

Dunki

Origins had good banter. In FFXV it felt like real friendship. Making fun of eachother, saying supid shit etc. The bond between these 4 was the absolute best in this game I have not seen anywhere else IMO.

jpadula

Neo Member
It looks awesome. Tier higher than any action-jrpg these days (for example Dragon Quest Heroes 2).

Katalina proudly walks with her hand on a sword - I like stuff like that.

KiteGr

I thought it was based on the awesome "Grand Blue" manga...
Most people are already confusing that manga for a One piece Spin-off or something from it's name. Now they are going to be confusing it with a game as well...

i kind of think that gran blue makes also a lot more money than TMNT

Also for Activision TMNT was budgeted to make a profit.
In case of Cygames this can be considered almost marketing expense designed to bring new players into mobile game. They will probably be not too worried if they barely make invested money back as long as they get good product to show their world.

Parapraxis

Wow, Bayonetta 2 an Neir: Automata are both after MGR. I suspect you're trolling.

aaaand this looks pretty good actually.

I disagree with your totally subjective opinion in both cases.

Dunki

Also for Activision TMNT was budgeted to make a profit.
In case of Cygames this can be considered almost marketing expense designed to bring new players into mobile game. They will probably be not too worried if they barely make invested money back as long as they get good product to show their world.

Yeah It also could be a good oportunity to make this known in the West. Gran Blue is still not officially out in the West or?

xviper

Wow, Bayonetta 2 an Neir: Automata are both after MGR. I suspect you're trolling.

aaaand this looks pretty good actually.

I disagree with your totally subjective opinion in both cases.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 are trash, horrible story, horrible enemies, horrible cast and you keep fighting the same bosses over and over and over, most of them are giant golden thing that looks very similar to the one before it, the games are repetitive

Nier is one of the worst Hack and Slash games i have ever played, the quests are so damn boring, people criticized FFXV's quests but Nier's Quests are no difference, the world is ugly and empty, gameplay is super meh, story is shit

MGR however is one of the best Hack and Slash games ever made next to God of War and DMC series, the combat is so damn good that even after nearly 5 years of it's release, no game in it's genre has matched it's combat, bosses are amazing and different from each other

in case you were wondering what is my favorite Hack and Slash game, it is God of War 2 followed by DMC3

now that i think about it, i don't remember that Platinum did anything good besides MGR and Vanquish through their whole career, Scalebound could have been their next good game but sadly Microsoft fucked it up

sublimit

Banned
7 more minutes of gameplay:

It's basically the same areas but they walk around a bit more so we get a better look at the village.And oh boy i LOVE the look of that village/town.It looks beautiful and feels alive. They also show some more combat gameplay from the same area in the previous video.

Last edited:

jobboy

7 more minutes of gameplay:

It's basically the same areas but they walk around a bit more so we get a better look at the village.And oh boy i LOVE the look of that village/town.It looks beautiful and feels alive. They also show some more combat gameplay from the same area in the previous video.

amazing!

LatvjuAvs

Whow, so great, see how they eat, see the boat, look, so great, amazing amazing.
How they fight, the best the best.
Amazing.
Amazing.
Amazing.
Look look, so amazing.
No way.
Careful!
So strong!
and so on.

(best paid commentators ever) :D

Actually, looking forward to it now, looks neat.

Top Bottom