• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80's/90's Action Movies vs 00's/10's Action Movies

Which Era of Action Movies do you Prefer?

• Total voters

Great Hair

Banned
I prefer 00s everything tbh
iu

iu

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
80's 90's: The Matrix, Ghostbusters, Abyss, Die Hard, T2, True Lies, Pulp Fiction, Predator, Aliens, Heat, Good Fellas, Tombstone, Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Back to the Future, True Romance....and other action/drama like Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump.

The best!!!

00's and 10'shave a few good ones like John Wick, Kill Bill, and the Bond movies

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

80s-90s over 00s-10s certainly. Though there is some good action in those decades. I did like some ridiculous digital blood like Zatoichi(2003) and spectacle like Ready Player One.
Looking better going into the new decade. Big general stuff like The Mandalorian and The Witcher were a lot of fun to watch for the action. More than expected, even Shang-Chi.

Playing devil's advocate here.

The 80s doesn't have these 90'sJackie Chan films which are arguably his best work minus Police Story and Drunken Master.

Who Am I?
Rumble In The Bronx
First Strike
Thunderbolt
Mr. Nice Guy
Rush Hour
Supercop
Armour of God II

Last edited:
It’s definitely the ‘80s, but the ‘90s were close. The thing with ‘90s is that it’s only the early to mid ‘90s that are good everything after is just riding the wave from the ‘80s to the mid ‘90s. Because the first half of the ‘90s, things like T2, die hard 2 and 3, true lies, Total Recall (one of my personal favorites)The Last Boy Scout (my other personal favorites) and so on….

Top Bottom