• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80's Overdrive announced for 3DS eShop - Out Run inspired

psyfi

Banned
I love the aesthetic, but I just can't play 2D racers with scrolling and scaling effects like this. Feels too janky.

nynt9

The ingame footage doesn't look as good as the bullshots in the OP. Kind of disappointed. Hopefully by release they can make it look better.

TheMoon

The ingame footage doesn't look as good as the bullshots in the OP. Kind of disappointed. Hopefully by release they can make it look better.

There are no bullshots. They just picked scenes with lots of stuff on screen at the same time. Stop the video at parts with more fleshed out scenery. No difference.

Normally I would be all over this, but... Something feels off about it. And I don't like how the car looks.

Nobody makes them like SEGA I'm afraid.

nynt9

There are no bullshots. They just picked scenes with lots of stuff on screen at the same time. Stop the video at parts with more fleshed out scenery. No difference.

The headlight bloom in the screenshots is noticeably absent from the ingame footage. Also, the screenshots are way higher resolution than a 3DS. 3DS resolution is 240p, screenshot has the screen size at something like 740p. As such, sprite detail is reduced in the ingame footage.

It's literally impossible for OP screenshots to not be bullshots because of pixel counting. The image has like 6 times the pixels of a 3DS screen.

The headlight bloom in the screenshots is noticeably absent from the ingame footage. Also, the screenshots are way higher resolution than a 3DS. 3DS resolution is 240p, screenshot has the screen size at something like 740p. As such, sprite detail is reduced in the ingame footage.

It's literally impossible for OP screenshots to not be bullshots because of pixel counting. The image has like 6 times the pixels of a 3DS screen.

Well then, consider them the first screens of the Switch version. :p

TheMoon

That's maybe because there's no police car with sirens turned on in the footage. Since you don't see any headlights in the screenshots or the video footage :)

You can see plenty of scenes with brake light that looks identical, though. Plus YT compression blur, naturally.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looks like absolute shit unless you can turn off the CA and fake VHS misaligned tracking effects.

patientx

Looks like lotus I played when I was a kid on PC. Also in that game there was fueling didn't see any other game up to day with fueling mechanic.

3DS? What a waste.

796.gif

TheMoon

Are we seriously getting 80's Overdrive before 90's Arcade Racer? Sigh.

But srsly, looking amazing, this one.

Well, the numbers work out like that. :D

Nicalis have to put all their eggs in the Binding of Isaac basket to stay afloat, I guess. It's a little embarrassing.

Top Bottom