• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9 new Crysis screen shots!

Tieno

Teknopathetic said:
"Ok, I don't. To me it sounds like petting PC users."

Considering how lucrative the middleware business on consoles is (and just like at Epic for proof), you're telling me they'd rather rub PC gamers the right way than showing/telling developers "It *is* possible to make a game look like this on consoles with our engine"?

Really?
At the moment they're selling Crysis but I expect them to turn around for sure. It's still early in the console cycle.

You always see this sort of 'petting' going on. Epic and Gears, L5 and Lair if I remember correctly, etc.

Drek

Can't wait, got a Core 2 Duo with a gig of ram, gonna triple that and drop a $400 card in it around the release date for Crysis. Gonna look sexy.

Xdrive05 said:
I guess I know what my student loan money will be going toward.

Education FTL
You are not the only one, but I got an advantage of needing a powerful 3d pushing machine for my course. :D

Eteric Rice

Hopefully my 7800GT can hang on. :)

As for a 6800 playing this, it should be able to do it just fine. It just won't be playing with everything on, most likely. But if you can live with that, all is good in the world.

I wonder when AMD is going to come back on top of Intel? Come on AMD, I know you can do it!

FoxSpirit

Guys, before you go and do something emotional yet stupid, just wait. In a few years even pretty cheap comps can push that thing across the screen nicely. No need to spend money you need for your future education just for a game... just be careful.

Pusha

Banned
This is the only shot that impressed me:

Detail.jpg

Love how he stands along the edge. Everything else looks like [generic FPS]. Plus, this is from the same guys who made Far Cry, which doesn't bode well for how it plays, no matter how beautiful the graphics are.

Pusha said:

Detail.jpg

Love how he stands along the edge. Everything else looks like [generic FPS]. Plus, this is from the same guys who made Far Cry, which doesn't bode well for how it plays, no matter how beautiful the graphics are.

LOL your kidding right? All the shots looks truely amazing and Farcry played a good game.. get the f out of here with that bs

Pusha

Banned
Mr.Potato Head said:
LOL your kidding right? All the shots looks truely amazing and Farcry played a good game.. get the f out of here with that bs

I think many people would disagree with you. Far Cry was a dull, hackneyed FPS with crippling flaws in its AI (for example, without revealing my location, the AI can take you out with a pistol from a mile away).

Nozi

Banned
The snow shot looks incredible. Some of the others look about the same level as GRAW 2. Of course this game looks amazing - the videos alone prove it is leagues ahead of most other games. It's just these still screens don't convey that enormous jump as much as the videos do.

-SD-

Banned
Pusha said:
I think many people would disagree with you. Far Cry was a dull, hackneyed FPS
Well... even more people will disagree with YOU ;-)

Far Cry was and still is a highly enjoyable game. I actually want to play it through every once in a while. I just get the urge from time to time.

I love the gameplay. Heck, I even like the Trigens. Lots of people complained about them being a pain in the ass but, yes... they were tough opponents but a real gamer does not complain about them, he just frags 'em and moves on :)

Nozi said:
Some of the others look about the same level as GRAW 2.
I watched the vids over at Xboxyde and I love how the lighting looks in GRAW 2. There even looks to be color bleeding, which is awesome.

-SD- said:
Well... even more people will disagree with YOU ;-)

Far Cry was and still is a highly enjoyable game. I actually want to play it through every once in a while. I just get the urge from time to time.

I love the gameplay. Heck, I even like the Trigens. Lots of people complained about them being a pain in the ass but, yes... they were tough opponents but a real gamer does not complain about them, he just frags 'em and moves on :)
Farcry as a game, blew ass.

artist

Banned
Pusha said:
Plus, this is from the same guys who made Far Cry, which doesn't bode well for how it plays, no matter how beautiful the graphics are.
FarCry is the probably the first FPS that brought open-ended gameplay and you find that bad? :lol

-SD-

Banned
irfan said:
FarCry is the probably the first FPS that brought open-ended gameplay
Not really... for example, before Far Cry there was this brilliant game called Project I.G.I.. The memories from playing I.G.I. are still strong in my mind.

Pusha

Banned
-SD- said:
Not really... for example, before Far Cry there was this brilliant game called Project I.G.I.. The memories from playing I.G.I. are still strong in my mind.

Wow, that's the one game I was going to liken it to. For their time, they were very similar, in that they paired horrible gameplay with amazing visuals (yes, I know IGI looks terrible now).

Tain

I'm excited for this game because FarCry with super powers sounds awesome. FarCry is a bit plodding and has its problems and all that, but I'm pretty confident that Crytek is talented enough. Especially with the direction they're taking.

Pusha said:

Detail.jpg

You obviously didn't watch the video, which was graphically the most impressive thing I've ever seen.

PleoMax

Banned
UncleGuito said:
You obviously didn't watch the video, which was graphically the most impressive thing I've ever seen.

Guys...it's pusha, will you stop quoting him? He's a joke character.

jett

D-Member
That video was insane. This is the only real "next-gen"(not like that means anything anymore) game I've seen.

Feindflug

Hy_ said:
Can't wait to play this game in 3 years!

The game looks incredible but that's what I thought when I saw the pics... :/

And to all the doubters of the next-gen consoles you honestly think that we won't see something comparable to Crysis in 2008-2009 from the PS3/360? Both consoles are beasts - it just needs time & capable/talented devs.

Pistolero

Hum...They probably can't replicate on any console because it was conceived around PC architecture srtenghts (RAM mainly). Consoles do have other advantages to promote, but taking the engine as it is...hell no !

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I love this spec-hyping. Remember when people said Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 wouldn't run on anything on the market? Crysis will run just fine on my 9800 PRO. It'll probably take medium settings on 1024x768.

HOLY SHIT, THOSE VIDEOS AND PICS ARE AMAZING. NO ****ING COMPUTER WILL EVER HANDLE THIS GAME THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE! MY 9800 PRO CRIES ;_;!

Pimpbaa

Jacobi said:
"LOLZ IMPOSSIBLE TO RUN" pisses me off as much of as "HA THAT'S NOT WORTH 600$s"

Indeed. The game will support shader model 2.0 dx9 cards, so it should be plenty scalable.

It is very impressive, but I think in a few years we will be seeing games on both PS3/X360 that are very comparable to this and I believe the PS3/360 can provide us with a faithful port of this. I think the final version of Killzone 2 will look relatively close to this.

Ok, maybe not, but it should look nice.:)

golem

funny how vanguard runs at sub-30 on my 8800gtx yet there is hope that crysis will be 60+... i hope its true, would be awesome.

unomas

Banned
That trailer is very cool, but with the horse power of PS3/360 I'm sure we'll at least get slightly downgraded versions of this game on both consoles. Gears of War was out 5 months ago so saying that this won't be possible on PS3/360 in the future is a bit premature at best. I understand the RAM limitations but I'm sure they can at least come close. Kinda makes you wish they stuck a gig of RAM in the next gen systems though.

Top Bottom