• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9 years in...how much DLC have you actually bought?

Kazer

Not much. I bought the Hyrule Warriors DLC bundle, which I proceeded to never actually download, and that's about it. A couple of small items here and there for Tales games too.

Steph_E.

Mario Kart 8, both sets
New super Luigi u (or is that classed as a new game, since you can buy it standalone at retail)

Nothing else even slightly tempts me.

Mash83

Costume quest 1
Tlou left behind
Destiny season pass
Infamous first light
Wolfenstein the old blood

I plan on picking up both expansions for the Witcher 3 at some point and also bloodborne the old hunters.

I've bought so much story DLC, from bloody Bioware in particular. There was also Bioshock Infinite, etc. I think the Fallout New Vegas DLCs are the only times I've been 100% pleased with the content. Bloodborne's and W3's will be next on the DLC list. Arrrgh.

I also brought Lara some practical bloody clothes in the reboot so she wouldn't freeze her ass off. Is it so hard to pick up a sensible jacket off a corpse?

Grieves

The only DLC I can remember buying for myself is the SSX DLC.

I bought the pirate DLC for Borderlands 2 for my Son.

smudge

I bought 2 DLCs for Fallout3/New Vegas I have bought some cosmetics for Dota2 but only when I have a few quid left over in my steam wallet.
I am not against DLC in principle but usually DLC content doesn't seem worth it to me.

I will take a good look at the Witcher 3 Expansion, as CDPR seem to have the right idea and approach to DLC

Frog-fu

Banned
Very little. I most got DLC with GOTY editions. I did buy individual map hacks for Halo 4 (once) and Ryse cause they were cheap.

BY2K

Membero Americo
DLC has been around for only 9 years? Feels like twice that time has passed since horse armor.

Nosgotham

I bought DLC for:

Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
Halo 3
Gears of War 1
Uncharted 2(all of it!!!)
final fantasy: my life as a dark lord
Mario Kart
Smash Bros 4
about 20 songs for Rock Band

about 70-80 songs for SingStar

I think that's it. I don't really buy DLC much at all, outside of SingStar

GreatNumber

Unconfirmed Member
Off the top of my head.
All DLC in: Halo 3(three times), Halo Reach, Halo 4, Gears of War 2, Gears of War 3, Fallout 3(two times), Fallout New Vegas(three times), Skyrim(two times), Killer Instinct Season 1, Binding of Isaac, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Lisa, 100% Orange Juice, and ALL Call of Duties from Modern Warfare 1 to Black ops 2.
I've also spent at least $400 on items and keys in Team Fortress 2, and CS:GO.
This is but a fraction of what I have bought over the years DLC wise. I have no regrets on these purchases and I know I'm the problem.

speedomodel

Bought the DLC for:
Alan Wake
Forza Horizon 2
Battlefield 4
The Escapists
Sniper Elite III
Metro Last Light
Dead Rising 3
Ryse
Outlast
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution

Most were on sale 50% off or more.

Morts

A lot. Pretty much all single player stuff, nothing cosmetic. Pretty much all worth it. I'm very much looking forward to the first Witcher 3 expansion.

I don't buy too much of it anymore. Only when I'm playing a game enough to get to the point where I've done everything and still want more, which doesn't really happen too often these days because of time constraints. I'd say I only buy DLC maybe once or twice a year at most. Whenever buying older games, though, I try to get a bundle with all possible DLC because I hate missing out on content.

-Artorias of the abyss (dark souls)
-Vergil's downfall (dmc)
-Infamous: First light (bought the retail version)

I plan to buy
-The old hunters (bloodborne)
-Left behind (tlou, i'll probably wait and buy the remaster on ps4)

A bit too much really.

But I very rarely buy cosmetic stuff, I usually stick to what offers more content. However, I don't always have the time to actually play that content.

Rezae

I'm about as anti-DLC as they come. Off the top of my head, I got the two MK8 DLCs, mostly for my daughter, and I think I grabbed a DLC or two for Muramasa on Vita as part of a PSN sale for a few bucks. Also Left Behind recently for TLOU because I had $5 sitting in my PSN account and it was on sale.

Almost every BioWare DLC, Bethesda DLC (no not the horse armor), anything from CDPR, bought the Destiny expansions.

Only for games or IPs that I'm REALLY into. No regrets here so far.

Formless

- Pikmin DLC
- Smash characters and stages for 3DS and WIi U...though I really just needed the Wii U side
- AA5 extra case
- MK8

No cosmetic/leveling stuff

Jito

Banned
You do know DLC existed before Bethesda released horse armour OP? I was buying DLC for Halo 2 before the 360 was even released...

I still buy tons of DLC, if I like a game I obviously want more content so I can keep playing it.

Crypt

I bought a map pack for Metal Gear Online way back in 2008/09 for 5 or 10 bucks. Have never bought any since then.

Hard to remember, but I think this is everything:

$20 on keys or random shit in Team Fortress 2
$20 on packs/expansions in Hearthstone
$25 (and probably, this will go up slowly) on Heroes of the Storm

I think that's entirely it. So <$100 seems not too bad to me.

SeppOCE

Only time I bought DLC that was more than 5 dollars and wasn't on sale and actually on release date was when I got the Titanfall Season Pass edition.

The game died on PC before the first map pack even dropped. Reinstalled it recently to find they're all free and integrated into the game. Game is still dead.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I think only: Mario Kart 8's DLC, and a couple from Borderlands 1. All others have been included in the 'Ultimate'/'GOTY'/'Collection' edition purchases.

Top Bottom