• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

9 years in...how much DLC have you actually bought?

The Mario Kart 8 DLC packs.
All stages and characters for Smash 4 (Wii U version only) along with the Mega Man X and Splatoon costumes. X because he's my favorite video game character and Splatoon because I wanted the trophy. I'm weak.
The Hyrule Warriors season pass.
A few costumes for Street Fighter 4. Three in total I think.
AA5's extra case.

Fupri

Banned
Idk if this counts but in 2011-12 I bought a ton of PS Home items & FIFA coins (Not many) & recently I bought a DS2 season pass for £5 off ebay

kitzkozan

I usually buy DLC bundled with a GOTY version of a game, like Fallout 3 GOTY and New Vegas ultimate edition. Still, I do buy DLC from time to time such as the Dark souls DLC. I'll probably buy the Bloodborne DLC since I doubt NA will be getting the special edition which bundle the game + the old hunters expansion.

I also bought the MK8 content and also some stuff for games such as Murasama rebirth and Dishonored.

rezn0r

Way too much, especially when it comes to Steam sales. On consoles I've only really been bad with Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, and Mass Effect. I do however consider the ME series' DLC well worth it... and I consider CoD's basically required.

woopWOOP

Mostly Nintendo games:
- All the extra minigames for the Streetpass Plaza (but not that worthless calender thing)
- Maps (with locked classes) for Fire Emblem Awakening
- Characters, stages and (a few) cosmetic Mii costumes for Smash Bros 4 WiiU
- Both DLC packs for Mariokart 8.
Only in FE:A's case did I think the price was a little too much, but I didn't buy all of them anyway.

- Ohyeah, I also bought quite a couple of costumes for the first Little Big Planet. Me and my group of friends hardly touched that game however, so that one does feel like a pretty bigass waste of spending in retrospect.
- Didn't spend a dime in Megaman 9, but I bought all the addon content for Megaman 10. No regrets.
- Bought 2 extra factions in this Hero Academy game on Steam. I had fun with the time I played it, but it's too bad my friends couldn't get into it because of the DLC faction bullshit...

I also have some starter packs for Fallout New Vegas, but I'm not sure if those came with expansions or that I actually somehow bought those when I played that game near nonstop one time. Bought all the expansions for Fallout 3 and New Vegas either way.

dengueboy

Neo Member
The Mario Kart 8 DLC and all the characters DLC on Smash.

The Mario Kart one was great, the Smash one get me a lot of buyer's remorse

Im surprised by the people who bought very little or no DLC. Yeah a lot of it is pointless but a lot of it is also pretty good depending on the company.

farisr

Black Ops 2 season pass (split the cost with a friend). Bought this after we knew we really really liked the game and map design.

Driveclub Season Pass (when it dropped in price a week or so ago).

Mario Kart 8 pack

If you count Halo 3 ODST, Ultra Street Fighter IV, and TLoU Remastered as DLC if you purchased them while owning Halo 3, SF IV, and TLoU, I guess those.

I've bought a good deal of Game of the Year editions because they typically include all or most of the DLC.

The only DLC I bought "loose" are the 2 Mario Kart 8 packs, because I don't expect Nintendo to ever release a version of the game that includes all DLC.

KJRS_1993

Loads.
When a DLC adds something great to a game you really like, it's such a good feeling to keep playing a game you really enjoy.
You just have to buy the right stuff.

PulseMC

Neo Member
-About 30 or so Rock Band songs
-All Fallout 3 dlc
-2 Skyrim dlc packs
-most dlc packs from the wwe games

Outside of the wwe games dlc, I really liked the dlc I purchased. Fallout 3's dlc is better than some retail games, in my opinion.

Montresor

*takes deep breath* Going through my entire list of played games on 360/XB1, here is almost every piece of DLC I have ever paid money for (I'm sure I've missed some items):

Halo MCC: ODST pack
Tales from the Borderlands: season pass
Life Is Strange: season pass
Game of Thrones: season pass
Never Alone: Fox Tales pack
Shadow of Mordor: season pass
Guacamelee STCE: Frenemies pack
Forza Horizon 2: VIP pass, car pass, Storm Island pack, Porsche pack, Fast And Furious pack, and collectibles treasure map
Sunset Overdrive: season pass
Alan Wake: The Signal and The Writer packs
The Evil Within: season pass
Titanfall: season pass (before they made it free O_O)
Saints Row 3: season pass
Watch Dogs: Bad Blood pack (did not buy season pass)
Motocross Madness: Trick Jam pack
Walking Dead Season 2: season pass
Wolf Among US: season pass
Ryse Son of Rome: season pass
Bioshock Infinite: season pass (but I got fully refunded because I complained about release schedule)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Teeth Of Naros and Legend Of Dead Kel packs
Asura's Wrath: Lost Episode 2, Lost Episode 1, Episode Pack Part IV, Episode 15.5, and Episode 11.5
Trials Evolution: Riders Of Doom and Origin Of Pain packs
Stacking: Lost Hobo King pack
AC Black Flag: season pass
Iron Brigade: Rise of the Martian Bear pack
Walking Dead Season One: season pass + 400 Days pack
Trials HD: Big pack + Big Thrills pack
Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice pack
Max Payne 3: season pass
The Maw: Brute Force, River Redirect, and Speeder Lane packs
GTA IV: Lost And The Damned and Ballad Of Gay Tony packs
Rock Band: Probably 1000 songs worth of DLC, I won't try to count this
ilomilo: Autumn Tale pack
Lara Croft Temple of Osiris: season pass
Mass Effect 3: Leviathan, Omega, and Citadel packs. I didn't specifically buy From Ashes from the store but it came with an expensive Collector's edition of the game, so I may as well have paid for it.
Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare In North Point and Year Of The Snake packs
AC Brotherhood: Da Vinci Disappearance pack
AC Revelations: Ancestors Character, Mediterranean Traveler Map, and Lost Archive packs
Modern Warfare 3: Collection 1, Collection 2, and Collection 3 packs
Gears of War 3: season pass
Arkham City: Robin Bundle, Nightwing Bundle, and Harley Quinn's Revenge packs
Deux Ex HR: Missing Link pack, and Tactical Enhancement + Explosion Mission microtransactions
Mass Effect 2: Cerberus Network, Kasumi's Stolen Memory, Overlord, Shadow Broker, and Arrival packs
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Collection pack
LA Noire: season pass
Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den and Protector Trials packs
Guitar Hero II: no more than 2 or 3 song packs
Banjo Nuts N Bolts: LOG's Lost Challenges pack
Mass Effect 1: Bring Down The Sky and Pinnacle Station packs
Gears of War 2: All Fronts pack
Prince of Persia Sands of Time: Epilogue pack
Lost Planet 1: I bought only one map pack before they made them all free
Tomb Raider Legend: Anniversary packs 1, 2, 3, and 4
Tomb Raider Underworld: Beneath The Ashes and Lara's Shadow packs
Dead Rising 3: Street Fighter Ultra pack, did not buy season pass
Dead Rising2: Psycho microtransaction pack

Do Game of the year editions count? If not, then none.

I will be getting Heart of Stone for Witcher 3 so that will be my first official purchase of DLC content.

A pretty good amount, but major offenders were:
BF4 Season Pass (one of the few with no regrets)
Characters/costumes in Capcom and arcsys fighters
All Halo 3 maps (and Reach of there were any for it)
Burnout Paradise - most
Metal Gear Solid 4 Online - all
Metal Gear Rising -all
Uncharted 3 Season Pass
Warhawk - most
And even though it isn't DLC, it may be worth noting that I've spent like $120ish on warframe

I'm not a huge fan of DLC, but I don't think it's the boogeyman a lot of people say it is.

Zhao_Yun

I am very picky with DLC but the things I bought were quite good value for the price imo.

Dark Souls - Artorias of the Abyss
Hatsune Miku Project Diva f - Extra Song Pack
Theathrythm FF Curtain Call - some stand alone songs
Muramasa Rebirth - All 4 Gunroku Legends DLC

Eblo

Only twice. I wanted Thanatos in Persona Q, and I needed more Ace Attorney when I finished Dual Destinies. So I bought the DL-C trial.

AmuroChan

Mario Kart DLC
TLOU: Left Behind
Infamous: First Light
Gravity Rush DLC
Far Cry 4 season pass
Rocket League: Supersonic Fury
Grid 2 Spa-Francorchamps Pack
Resogun Defenders
Resogun Heroes
Final Horizon: Dark Galaxy
Helldivers DLC

tav7623

I feel like I've purchased quite a bit of DLC over the years, but I try to be selective and I honestly didn't pay full price for almost half of them as I started to wait for them to go on sale or used other deals in order to get them cheap.

Xbox 360
Alan Wake - The Writer DLC
Assassin's Creed 2 - Bonfire of the Vanities DLC
Battlefield 3 - Back to Karkland DLC
Castlevania: HoD - All DLC except for 1 stage pack (I think it was the last one)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Reverie DLC
GTA IV - The Lost & The Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony DLC
Guitar Hero 3 - Metallica & Dropkick Murphy's DLC
Left for Dead - The Sacrifice DLC
Mortal Kombat 9 - Scarlet, Freddy, & Rain DLC
Tomb Raider Underworld - Lara's Shadow DLC

PS3
Alice: Madness Returns - Weapons of Madness & Destruction Pack
Alien: Isolation - Season Pass & Crew Expendable DLC
Batman: Arkham City - All DLC
Battlefield 4 - Naval Strike
Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault of Dragon's Keep and Bloody Harvest Packs
Burnout Paradise - Legendary Cars Pack
Deadpool - Merc with a Map Pack
Dead Space 2 - Outbreak & Severed DLC
The Evil Within - Season Pass
L.A. Noire - Season Pass
Little Big Planet - Pirates of the Caribbean & MGS level packs
Pinball Arcade - Elvira, Addams Family, Monster Mash, and Bram Stoker's Dracula DLC tables
Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare & Legends & Killers
Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament Pack
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Rising Dead & Femme Fatal Packs, Jill DLC
Zen Pinball 2 - Paranormal DLC table

Xbox One
Batman: Arkham Knight - Season Pass
Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Halo 3 ODST (didn't have a X1 when it was free)
Killer Instinct - Season 2 Ultra edition
Mortal Kombat X - Jason & Predator bundles, Blue Steel Sub Zero outfit

3DS
New Super Mario Bros 2 - Nerve Wrack, Gold Classics, Coin Challenge Pack C, and Impossible Pack
Stretchmo - Season Pass/All Packs
StreetPass Plaza - Monster Manor DLC Game

Wii U
New Super Mario Bros. U - New Super Luigi U
Mario Kart 8 - Track Pack 1 & 2

PC
Castlevania: LoS 2 - All DLC
Batman: Arkham Origins - Season Pass
Outlast - Whistle blower DLC
Payday: The Heist - All DLC
Skullgirls - Eliza & Big Band (got Squigly, Beowulf for free)

Not too much tbh. I do usually wait until the DLC is on offer and is cheap as chips as I don't often see the value in most add on content.

Had a quick look through my games collection and one that I recall getting DLC for are: Halo 3, gears 2, gears 3, borderlands 2, Mario kart 8, smash bros, guitar hero 3, and Uno.

cakely

I would say a reasonable amount, but I really got into Rock Band.

I think I spent more on Rock Band songs than on my launch Xbox 360. I try not to think about it too much.

Eila

How am I supposed to know?
On Wii U I have bought the Mario Kart 8 DLC and all the smash characters and maps so far.
I can't count the amount of shit I've bought on PC.

Excluding WoW expansions, I've bought a decent amount.

I ran a major fighting game tournament for 6 years, so I was constantly buying DLC for various fighting games.

For my own personal use, probably not that much. Just rattling them off the top of my head:

Artorias of the Abyss on PS3
Dark Souls II Season Pass (well worth the $25 for 3 DLC packs that were each amazing)
Final Fantasy X theme on PS4 (does this count?) (best theme on the system, well worth $3.50)
Dark Souls theme on PS3
Will be purchasing the Bloodborne expansion

I honestly think that might be it. I typically play a game once and put it on the shelf. I'm known to buy GOTY editions down the line, as I did with Dark Souls II on PS4, even though I had already played the DLCs.

Philippo

Zero.

But this is not because i don't support them, simply once i'm done with a game i don't care for content that comes later.

The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne will be my first exceptions.

A fair bit, from Rock Band songs, to GTA IV expansions.

If I deem a DLC to be value for money I have no issue with buying it. I don't ever go in for cosmetic stuff though, only things that will add to, or prolong, my enjoyment of a game.

Olengie

I bought a map pack for COD: World at War, 1 charscter dlc for Persona 4 Ultimax, um. Thats pretty much it.

The other dlc i get from the eventual compilation releases.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
From what I can remember, I've only bought DLC from Rock Band and Mario Kart 8. I possibly bought more than 50 songs in Rockband.

TAFK

I bought the map pack for COD4:MW. And outside of that I've bought the DLC for Hyrule Warriors, MK8 and SSB4. But that's it.

Akronis

NZNnMCm.png

Not sure how accurate this is though, seems kinda high.

Very rarely buy DLC but the Driveclub season pass for under a tenner was just too good an offer to overlook, so that was the first thing I have bought in a good while.

GTA IV Episodes
CoD4/MW2/Gears 1 Maps
Skins/Voice Packs for Smite
League Champs
Mario Kart 8 expansion
Shovel Knight expansion

First ones to come to mind.

I haven't really bought DLC by itself that much, but I usually wait for the complete edition to come around with everything on disc.

Spittyball

Neo Member
Just spitballing what I remember off the top of my head.

All of the Halo 3 Map Packs
2 Map Packs from Black Ops.
All 3 Skyrim Expansions.
2 Map Packs for Battlefield 4 (got one for free).
AC: Unity Dead Kings DLC (Free).
Limbo when it came out on 360.
All of the free Witcher DLC.
Infamous First Light (when it was free).
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
GTA 4: Lost and the Damned and the Ballad of Gay Tony
Guitar Hero 3 Random Songs.

Wrath of the Lamb. Gearing up to purchase Isaac Afterbirth, even feeling a bit iffy about that but it'll hopefully feel more like an expansion than DLC, similar to Wrath.

If Crypt of the Necrodancer got DLC however I'd buy it straight away.

Dunan

Spent $10 on two missing missions in Assassin's Creed 2; first DLC I ever bought. Loved the game, but this little gouge wasn't worth it.

Bought some more for Gravity Rush; $3 and basically worth it.

I hate DLC. The fact that trophy lists now include unpurchased DLC-dependent trophies in your completion percentage makes me angry. And don't even get me started on how DLC trophies sometime spoil the game's story (looking at you, Deus Ex HR).

NZNnMCm.png

Not sure how accurate this is though, seems kinda high.

DLC number is technically not that high. A lot of games list content updates. My TF2 says it has DLC and thats not even how TF2 works. The Genesis Collection list every game as DLC as well. You get the point.

Top Bottom