• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999 Designers Working On 3DS & Vita Visual Novel Adventure [Screens]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:
Still not sure why so many people are more hyped to get this on the Vita, especially if you've played 999 - there are some things that wouldn't be possible without the dual screen setup. Higher res art is just that much more appealing I guess?

Well, there's also the chance of localization. If this game isn't brought to the US (or a European copy), you could at least import the Vita version and play it on your normal system (as far as we know it isn't region-locked) where as that's not a possibility with the 3DS.

Jintor

XiaNaphryz said:
Still not sure why so many people are more hyped to get this on the Vita, especially if you've played 999 - there are some things that wouldn't be possible without the dual screen setup. Higher res art is just that much more appealing I guess?

Dunno, maybe they see something with the back touch and the gyroscope or whatever

GSR

Akselziys said:
We're here for you, girl XD

I must see hot pics of this game :3

You guys know what to do. We, the people of GAF, leave it in your capable hands.
no I don't care that you have nothing more than a title and a devteam announced, you go build a time machine in the meantime so you can get the game and bring it back here to start localization now.

Erigu

Akselziys said:
Would you be there for Kamaitachi no Yoru as well? :þ

XiaNaphryz said:
Still not sure why so many people are more hyped to get this on the Vita, especially if you've played 999 - there are some things that wouldn't be possible without the dual screen setup.
Well, I wouldn't expect them to use the same trick anyway... Especially one that wouldn't work on one of the platforms, indeed.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Owigawa is in it? day one purchase confirmed.

That said if this were to be bought over to the US, they'd probably replace all the actors with english-speaking ones.:(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Akselziys said:

I must see hot pics of this game :3

;-;
If Aksys doesn't bring this over, i will hold you personally responsible. And you don't want that.

KAL2006 said:
999 successor is coming on 3DS/Vita, when usually these types of games come on DS and not PSP

They don't get localized so you probably aren't aware, but there are tons - TONS - of visual novels/ADVs on the PSP.

XiaNaphryz said:

For Nishimura? Absolutely.

Lafiel said:
That said if this were to be bought over to the US, they'd probably replace all the actors with english-speaking ones.:(

If Aksys localizes it, I'm sure they'll leave the Japanese VAs in unless there's some stupid licensing restrictions.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
R_thanatos said:
VERY GOOD. i hope 999 did well enough so that atlus doesn't hesitate
Hey as long as Atlus keeps making Castlevania, I'm happy.

999 was awesome, so I expect the game from this.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ShockingAlberto said:
Hey

Hey

Why aren't you negotiating contracts right now
He's working too slowly for my taste.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oh my god, yes. Yes yes yes yes yes.

999 is one of the best games I've played in a long time, so I will buy this for Vita.

Takao

Banned
hosannainexcelsis said:
They don't get localized so you probably aren't aware, but there are tons - TONS - of visual novels/ADVs on the PSP.

Don't remind me about Dagan-Ronpa, and Super Dagan-Ronpa ... :'(

Lafiel said:
Owigawa is in it? day one purchase confirmed.

I would be thrilled if we finally entered an era when a game could be brought over without it being forcibly dubbed.

The Yakuza series was granted an exception, they might as well extend that privilege in order to get as many early games out as possible.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
thetrin said:
If Aksys doesn't bring this over, i will hold you personally responsible. And you don't want that.

Tis my sole mission in life ;)

ShockingAlberto said:
Hey

Hey

Why aren't you negotiating contracts right now

Who says we aren't :eek:? haha

Kagari said:
Oh my god, yes. Yes yes yes yes yes.

999 is one of the best games I've played in a long time, so I will buy this for Vita.

<3

XiaNaphryz said:
Region free system makes all the difference if you're in Europe

RedSwirl

One of my greatest gaming wishes would be for a developer like Chunsoft to be given a full-blown game engine and a AAA budget.

LiK

abstract alien said:
I didn't bother reading the op...I'm going on a black out right now. Can't wait.

no plot details. you should read it and see who's doing the voices and get moar hyped.

Jintor

Raxus said:
Loved 999, I even got all 6 endings for the game.

You mean you got the true ending, haha.

I feel bad for the people who got one ending and never played it again. They must be out there somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom