• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDEN

What if the plot of the game is discovering that the Reapers intercepted the colony ships and replaced all the colonists with machine people who are externally biological, but internally they are on the fritz and glitching out from having to do a hardboot after waking up from stasis.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, but did you see the glitches happen in those footages?

I'm solely talking about the glitches here. Some of the animation and writing are undeniably bad.

Yes:

Blurry bottom of face while Ryder was talking to one of his teammates on the ship. Jeff and Brad even commented on its weirdness.

Character's teammate phasing through furniture in a room on the planet they went to.

Texture loading issues through certain scene changes on the ship. Jeff commented on this too.

Character popping out of existence at the beginning of the prep scene on the ship.

Edit: If you want I can point out the times when these all happened.

jesus the shit lighting makes the character look ass as usual.

i just want default femryder as a template and then i just want red hair.
why the hell cant i do this?

Jocund

Minus the animation problems (saying if someone can accept it), will the game be any good / any positives so far?

There's a PC Gamer article that went up today that suggests (as much as the author can without breaking embargo) that the game gets better in places, and maybe worse in others. They mention that the characters maybe grow into their roles a bit, and that the storyline gets on its feet quicker than Inquisition's did.

DylanEno

Rq9zqLP.gif

When you poop your pants and can't find the toilet.
Jfc lmfao

I'm suddenly way more excited for this game

I used my ten hours mainly on mp (Xbox) didn't have a single crash or glitch, ran great. Same goes for single player, my dude even runs normally, not like those gifs

Had one host drop during a game, switched hosts and the game went on without a long wait.

shiba5

The weirdest thing about the faces is the total lack of eye reflection. Even the original trilogy on PS360 got this right; the animation in the old games looks relatively robotic by today's standards, but the eyes still have life in them.

Every single human in Andromeda has these weirdly overdefined eyes with zero lighting interacting with them. You can see everyone's irises and pupils in excruciating detail in a way you just do not see in real life, as if they're wooden orbs with details painted on. Adding better specular effects to the eyes would on its own be a massive improvement for this game, even if the animations stayed just as stiff. It's just so off-putting being able to see everyone's eyes like this.

EDIT:

This gif going around illustrates this perfectly. Just like how the relative darkness in Ashley's scene on the right sort of hides the distinction between iris and pupil, the bright lighting in the scene on the left should be blowing out some of the detail. The eyes should have shine.

5qOu2Zd

They look like doll eyes. Just dead. They don't look like they fit correctly into the eye sockets either - like they're just jammed in there. Ugh.
I don't understand how this happens in 2017.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
This.. has made me more interested in the game? i had zero interest before. Now i find myself waiting for AngryJoe review to see if its just dumb fun or if its frustrating garbage.

Don't shit on Shinobi and don't shit on people who like this game

yeah seriously - the early impressions have issues but if people enjoy it let them!

It's never a bad thing for people to enjoy a game. I know it's easy to want to be the snarky guy who hates the thing but you gotta shut that impulse off when it pops up. Let people have fun!

No the multiplayer is a half-assed jank fest just like single player. And on Xbox one the game crashes when there's too many enemies on a stage with weather effects like the ice base whatever it's called.

Now that totally kills any reason for me to buy this game. Might as well just wait for a big discount and wait till they fix the single and multiplayer issues. Bioware... what are you doing?

Dmax3901

The weirdest thing about the faces is the total lack of eye reflection. Even the original trilogy on PS360 got this right; the animation in the old games looks relatively robotic by today's standards, but the eyes still have life in them.

Every single human in Andromeda has these weirdly overdefined eyes with zero lighting interacting with them. You can see everyone's irises and pupils in excruciating detail in a way you just do not see in real life, as if they're wooden orbs with details painted on. Adding better specular effects to the eyes would on its own be a massive improvement for this game, even if the animations stayed just as stiff. It's just so off-putting being able to see everyone's eyes like this.

EDIT:

This gif going around illustrates this perfectly. Just like how the relative darkness in Ashley's scene on the right sort of hides the distinction between iris and pupil, the bright lighting in the scene on the left should be blowing out some of the detail. The eyes should have shine.

5qOu2Zd

Durante save us.

Grisby

I find that hard to believe, DAI had decent running animations.

Is this even really the same dev?
Different teams. :( They should have just knocked on their internet door and asked for some tips on how to handle Frostbite or something.

EDIT:

5qOu2Zd
Spot on. It's kind of blowing my mind how much better Ashley looks. I can't play armchair developer here and god knows how much work the team actually put into this game but the character's eyes just look dead.

watershed

Banned
But really why does she say "my face is tired" instead of "I'm tired" or "I'm exhausted" as if the the writing is meant to draw attention to the terrible facial animation even though I'm sure the writing came first and the animation later. It's all bad.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
But really why does she say "my face is tired" instead of "I'm tired" or "I'm exhausted" as if the the writing is meant to draw attention to the terrible facial animation even though I'm sure the writing came first and the animation later. It's all bad.

Yeah, that line specifically is just a puzzler.

Not sure why it got through final script editing, because as you say, it then specifically draws the player's eye up to said face, which looks lifeless, but not because she's tired.

renzolama

Somebody on that late stage development team knew what the fuck was up

Easy_D

never left the stone age

I'm guessing it's whoever wrote it's way of being witty. Guessing there'll be a lot of "fun" and "witty" dialogue all over the game. She's so tired even her face is tired, ha ha, genius!

renzolama

I'm guessing it's whoever wrote it's way of being witty. Guessing there'll be a lot of "fun" and "witty" dialogue all over the game. She's so tired even her face is tired, ha ha, genius!

She doesn't even have time to explain why she doesn't have time to explain

Watching Brad from GB playing it. Where is the atmosphere in this game? I've only played parts of ME1 but that game world was just dripping with atmosphere. This game looks so bland with its dialogue, voice acting, and just the general tone of it

Watching Brad from GB playing it. Where is the atmosphere in this game? I've only played parts of ME1 but that game world was just dripping with atmosphere. This game looks so bland with its dialogue, voice acting, and just the general tone of it

You're in space, there's not much atmosphere.

HASN'T YOUR FACE EVER BEEN TIRED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom