• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

M'rika

Banned
it's pathetic that it took them 5 years to make this game with this level of quality it should have been delayed further oh well i'm just going to wait for a price cut or a patch then again i doubt the bad animation will ever be fixed ):

Well then I apologize, I wasn't aware. That was the article I remembered seeing way back when and shows up on google as the 2nd major link.
Oof. You should be more careful where you get your news buddy, there's some truly harmful shit out there.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I and many others made posts months ago about female Ryder's dreamworks face(weird derpy smile in every scene) and people jumped all over these types of comments. Now the proof is out there that she really has that terrible smirk in every scene, every emotion, and every action. Something is definitely wrong and the people pointing it out before the game came out were trying to create awareness to this problem so it would possibly be fixed before it was too late. It's too late.

Off topic:

As a non-white person, I have found some of report on his tweets utterly appalling. If a white person was tweeting it, they'd be slammed and rightly so.

This article highlights the issue. I have ZERO respect for people who berate others based on race.

Dude, you do know you just linked to an article by a big gamergator, Ian Miles Cheong?! lmao

These charges of Manveer Heir being a racist towards whites are bloody hilarious, just shows the accuser's true colours.

I and many others made posts months ago about female Ryder's dreamworks face(weird derpy smile in every scene) and people jumped all over these types of comments. Now the proof is out there that she really has that terrible smirk in every scene, every emotion, and every action. Something is definitely wrong and the people pointing it out before the game came out were trying to create awareness to this problem.
Well, many of them were mainly just creepy assholes, so that probably didn't help.

Gravidee

It's really sad how bad the faces and animations still are. You'd think that would be one of the first things that Bioware tries to improve upon on the return to Mass Effect.

I and many others made posts months ago about female Ryder's dreamworks face(weird derpy smile in every scene) and people jumped all over these types of comments. Now the proof is out there that she really has that terrible smirk in every scene, every emotion, and every action. Something is definitely wrong and the people pointing it out before the game came out were trying to create awareness to this problem so it would possibly be fixed before it was too late. It's too late.

I don't think it was fixable even then. I mean, if it's so prevalent throughout the game... would they really be pushing back their launch date to fix it? Unless there is some kind of tech that is controlling all of the animations and making them look bad, I honestly have no idea.

Honestly I haven't laughed this hard in a while. I hope it stays.

Floody

All the jank and bad animations have made me curious to play the game. That goofy Sara Ryder face is almost strangely endearing at this point. I hope there's a good game underneath all this.

Same, I've went from wanting to get it just because it's a Mass Effect game, to just wanting to see how unintentionally funny it can get.
That plus the MP will probably give me my money's worth.

Garlador

byng92qu98kcchqlehvg.png

I don't know, I get more of a Matt Damon vibe.

Toxi

Banned
It's really sad how bad the faces and animations still are. You'd think that would be one of the first things that Bioware tries to improve upon on the return to Mass Effect.
It's weird how those aren't one of the main priorities in a game that spends so much fucking time on conversations.

Sanctuary

Oh my god, the before and after. This game looks like Cocaine Simulator

You guys are forgetting how the human eye dilates when bright lights are shone into them. Entirely realistic given the HDR lighting that emits halogen light beams directly onto everyone's face.

i-Lo

Dude, you do know you just linked to an article by a big gamergator, Ian Miles Cheong?! lmao

These charges of Manveer Heir being a racist towards whites are bloody hilarious, just shows the accuser's true colours.

Off topic:

Truth be told (and much to my shame) I have been majorly out of loop when it comes to gamergate and all ancilliary stuff. Had I known that the article was written by one of them, I'd have never posted. I don't know if they're missing context but those tweet looked pretty offensive to me when I saw them first a few years ago.

As someone who grew up in a culture that its own share of discrimination and bigotry (Indian heritage), it irks me to see others getting berated like that by someone of my ethnicity. I have overcome all personal hurdles and actively seek out all pro movements to grow as a decent human being and hoped we can be better than the people to who equality can feel like oppression.

So I just reacted without much background info. And again, I am sorry.

I have been seeing people talk about this on Twitter for the past two days and I figured it was exaggerated. But some of those walking animations... DAMN.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Well, many of them were mainly just creepy assholes, so that probably didn't help.

You'd have to clue me in on which comments separated one from being a genuine critic and another being a 'creepy asshole'. I know that there were a few bad eggs who were commenting on the looks of the model who plays her, but most of us were put off by that actual in game model's jerky animations and stiff face. Those two qualify as a general art and animation issue, not a model issue.

Krathoon

I remember seeing the backwards gun in the trailer and thinking "she's obviously giving the gun over to someone, there is no way that they would put the game out with such a glaring mistake." Guess that shows me.

The thing is, if it is backwards, where did the big honkin' barrel of the gun go? It should be running above her arm.

I think this is some kind of energy based weapon.

You'd have to clue me in on which comments separated one from being a genuine critic and another being a 'creepy asshole'. I know that there were a few bad eggs who were commenting on the looks of the model who plays her, but most of us were put off by that actual in game model's jerky animations and stiff face. Those two qualify as a general art and animation issue, not a model issue.
Most of the comments revolved around her being aesthetically ugly, aka, 'would not bang' level comments. If there was legitimate criticism there, it was successfully drowned out by fools.

Pachinko

That one and only 3.0. IIRC DA:I was based on this and yet that came out looking better after 3 years of dev time since DA2 (other aspects notwithstanding)

Edmonton studio of veterans VS Montreal studio that had to go from throw away multiplayer to AAAA single player production.

Honestly I can't even be defensive of these weird animation glitches, this just reeks of rushing the game out the door to make fiscal quarter. I feel like EA wanted this out before christmas but they had Titanfall 2 and Battlefield One so they didn't need it, and the game needed polish.

Now , this is their big Q12017 game. The mentality this generation more than ever before has shifted to - release the game once it can pass cert to make a fiscal quarter and keep shareholders happy and then finish it later as long as it sells well. Look at just about every big game released since 2013 on PS4/XB1 and there's nothing that's shipped "finished". It used to be there were a few bugs and glitches but the game was still mostly polished. Now , it's polished enough to cut a good trailer and generally playable but you have 10-20 times as many bugs that aren't fixed. Are these animation problems going to make Andromeda a mess ? nah but over the next few days all you'll see associated with the game is all these animation bugs and cut scene jank. It gives the game a rough look , most people won't notice it but enough people will.

Will the game get fixed ? yeah. Just like every other big game did , a year from now it'll be "finished" and all it's DLC will be out and there you go. It'll cost less too ! So buying this day one is foolish.

nynt9

Don't shit on Shinobi and don't shit on people who like this game

I don't think it would be shitting on Shinobi to say that he's generally super positive, especially about games he has early access to. If you're trying to be a bit more distinctive about your gaming habit, Shinobi probably isn't the best barometer to go by. He's good at creating hype though.

J_Viper

Don't be so sensitive.

I don't think anyone's "shitting" on him, or putting him down personally, just pointing out how useless it is when he spends months talking up the game, mentioning how he "hears thing" from the inside, and then comes in with a five thousand word post drooling all over the game.

It doesn't mean anything coming from him.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I don't think it would be shitting on Shinobi to say that he's generally super positive, especially about games he has early access to. If you're trying to be a bit more distinctive about your gaming habit, Shinobi probably isn't the best barometer to go by. He's good at creating hype though.

also in regards to Mass Effect he's a HUGE fan. that could go either way in that they'll be super critical or more lenient on things that are "mass effect-y" but for people new to the series might be like "wtf is this jank"

my friend just pre-ordered this game using my amazon prime account and i feel like i'd be doing him a favor by cancelling his pre-order for him, the gameplay looked janky to me from the start and now im seeing these horrific but hilarious animations, but in the end it's his $60 not mine

CrazyHal

What if this is all an elaborate publicity stunt from bioware? I had no interest in this game before but now i kind of want to get it.

I respect Shinobi but he seems way to positive on all the games he talked about. I have been lurking GAF for more than 2 years and I rarely (if ever) see him critique any game ever.
He either praise a game or don't talk about it at all.

I guess he is just a happy dude...

RedAssedApe

Banned
my friend just pre-ordered this game using my amazon prime account and i feel like i'd be doing him a favor by cancelling his pre-order for him, the gameplay looked janky to me from the start and now im seeing these horrific but hilarious animations, but in the end it's his $60 not mine

lol..be sad if he is eagerly sitting at home on launch day and then you're like...oh i forgot to tell you that i cancelled your game because the internet said it sucks

What if this is all an elaborate publicity stunt from bioware? I had no interest in this game before but now i kind of want to get it.

if only. i mean their PR already said that early access versions already include the day 1 patch

Don't be so sensitive.

I don't think anyone's "shitting" on him, or putting him down personally, just pointing out how useless it is when he spends months talking up the game, mentioning how he "hears thing" from the inside, and then comes in with a five thousand word post drooling all over the game.

It doesn't mean anything coming from him.
No trash talking going on here. No sirree. I must be sensitive to think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom