• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Friend of mine got the Blue Screen of Death on his 3DS XL today.

So I was with my friends playing some Pokemon X and Y at a meetup earlier today, when all of a sudden, this happened:

20140306_2000181_zps8d4264d8.jpg

It happened to one of my friends as he was trying to connect to the internet with his 3DS XL. Somehow, he got a Blue Screen of Death, and it took a while to get out of it (pressing and holding the Power Button for a long period of time did the trick). Have any of you guys ever experienced anything like this?

wiibomb

this screen happens when using a 3DS flashcart, an special code triggers and bricks the 3DS, it rewrites an special seccion within the 3DS NAND and tells the 3DS that the NAND is (in the case of this brick) of 0 bytes, which makes this error...

what happened there is that the person who used the 3DS used a clone of the gateway 3DS flashcart most probably, because Gateway made that move so the clones will never copy thier firmware again..

not the better choice oviously...

it can be fixed, but you need special skills for soldering, a good amount of knoweledge of managing a computer and a device like the Raspberry Pi

Tripon

this screen happens when using a 3DS flashcart, an special code triggers and bricks the 3DS, it rewrites an special seccion within the 3DS NAND and tells the 3DS that the NAND is (in the case of this brick) of 0 bytes, which makes this error...

what happened there is that the person who used the 3DS used a clone of the gateway 3DS flashcart most probably, because Gateway made that move so the clones will never copy thier firmware again..

it can be fixed, but you need special skills for soldering, a good amount of knoweledge of managing a computer and a device like the Raspberry Pi

The plot thickens!

t26

OP said he is able to get out of it by turning it off, so it didn't brick

Mendoza

This one time I was playing the GameBoy Micro, and I accidentally nudged the power switch, then it glitched out and displayed the OG GameBoy screen. This is a true story. I have the photo on an old flip phone somewhere.

gngf123

Not trying to derail the thead but I experienced something worse this week.
My 3DS XL was stolen from my backpack :(

RIP in peace.

I had something similar happen with my OG unit in a local pub. Hope you find it!

Probably a good idea to file for a police report if you haven't already. Especially if you bought any eShop games.

nullset2

I had something similar happen with my OG unit in a local pub. Hope you find it!

Probably a good idea to file for a police report if you haven't already. Especially if you bought any eShop games.

What were you doing with your 3DS at a pub? Exchanging pokemon with the Rugby Club guys? Getting some sick Kid Icarus matches at the football half-time? (Just joking though, sad about your 3DS).

Top Bottom