• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A message to Todd Howard

Bragr

Banned
lvzq4yX.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It’s already delayed to 2023. Why crunch during the holidays for a may release instead of a July release?

Let them enjoy the holidays and come back refreshed. As long as the game ships in a polished state, the delays would’ve been worth it. Let’s face it, we are all playing this game Day one no matter how buggy it is, I’d rather have a decent first experience on day one than wait two months for them to patch it.

Chukhopops

Doomsday prophecies will happen anyway and they’re unbearable already so why rush?

You know the game will be called broken at launch if a plate wobbles on a table more than once in 200 hours.

if the games not an 11/10, its gonna get unbearable on the internet anyway. As this will all be directed at Xbox....even tho they didn't make it. And its a game that was like 85% done when they bought it

Banjo64

cumsessed
You shouldn’t be worried about ‘crackpot doomsday prophecies’ if both of these games are pushed back again, but the fact that Xbox Studios would be in utter shambles.

Just make sure the game is in good shape. That's more important than everything else. Imagine if it's super buggy and unpolished? It will look bad on both Bethesda and Microsoft. It'll be easy ammo for trolls.

Last edited:

Fredrik

They’ve already missed the release date they wanted, there is no point rushing now, just make it great.

Could’ve released it (US) 2-3-23 (EU) 23-2-3 but that won’t happen.

Last edited:

3liteDragon

The game doesn’t have a solid date other than 2023, no need to crunch for the holidays. Just come out with a well-polished game in the end & I’ll be satisfied.

Drizzlehell

Banned
It's gonna be the best video game in human history.

Unless it's gonna be the worst game in human history. Anything's possible.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Or, they could stop commiting to unrealistic time frames and release it when its ready. Announcing those games for 2022, then the first half of 2023 was silly, now its going to look extra bad when starfield is delayed again

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I was worried that this was going to be a reworded version of The Specials "A Message to You, Rudy"

Somehow it's worse. Congrats OP... I guess

Delaying the game longer to polish it up disappoints fans and sets up even higher expectations for what the game will deliver.
Rushing the game out earlier than what it needs risks tanking sales and squanders good will towards any next game.

Both results in tears from gamer babies but at least the first one ends with a better game on release.

Zones

Doomsday prophecies will happen anyway and they’re unbearable already so why rush?

You know the game will be called broken at launch if a plate wobbles on a table more than once in 200 hours.
if the games not an 11/10, its gonna get unbearable on the internet anyway. As this will all be directed at Xbox....even tho they didn't make it. And its a game that was like 85% done when they bought it
Y'all have nothing to worry about...

Majority of Xbox owned/published games in the last couple of years have gotten 10/10 from IGN (and the rest 9/10), so it's pretty much certain that Starfield will be awarded a 10/10 by IGN (regardless of the game's state).

This alone shall be enough to counter any criticism on these forums.

Hoppa

They can delay it a decade and it will still release a buggy mess. I have incredibly low expectations of this game but I like a good surprise

Top Bottom