• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new video shows Donald Trump grabbing and kissing a former Miss Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

A disturbing video from a 2011 corporate speech shows Donald Trump sexually humiliating a woman in front of thousands of people and going in for what appears to be a nonconsensual kiss, the Huffington Post reports.

The woman is Jennifer Hawkins, the 2004 Miss Universe winner from Australia. In the video, Trump calls Hawkins onstage to join him after telling the audience his philosophy on using revenge to succeed in business: "Get even with people," he says. "If they screw you, screw them back 10 times as hard. I really believe that."

Trump, it seems, had spent the previous day being angry with Hawkins because he thought she had slighted him by supposedly declining to introduce him at the event in Sydney. Onstage with Trump, Hawkins laughs apologetically and explains that it was a "miscommunication with my management," and that she "felt really bad."

Trump seems to accept this: "When she found out, she got in her car and she got her ass over here, and I love her," he says. But that doesn’t stop Trump from humiliating her anyway, in a bizarre, unsettling sequence of events.

First, he describes how he would have embarrassed Hawkins onstage, if she really had slighted him. "I was actually going to get up and tell you that Jennifer is a beautiful girl on the outside, but she’s not very bright," he says. "That wouldn’t have been true, but I would have said it anyway."

That part feels like an "I’m not touching you! I’m not touching you!" insult strategy that Trump has used before, notably when he called Fox anchor Megyn Kelly a "bimbo" and then claimed he didn’t actually call her that.

Then Trump makes a sexual pun, and lingers on it until the audience gets it: "And you know what? She came tonight, she came — came, she came, she came." Once the audience finally laughs, Trump adds: "See, so they have the same filthy minds in Australia.
http://www.vox.com/identities/2016/...ideo-miss-universe-grab-kiss-jennifer-hawkins

Bronx-Man

Banned
VjbRxE6OVG3io.gif

tuxfool

Banned
Then Trump makes a sexual pun, and lingers on it until the audience gets it: "And you know what? She came tonight, she came — came, she came, she came." Once the audience finally laughs, Trump adds: "See, so they have the same filthy minds in Australia.
HA HA.

rjinaz

I thought none of these claims were true though?! I'm going to guess the defenders are going to regress to, "it was just a kiss".

Foffy

Banned
J-just one outlier, guys.

We don't even have the full clip for context.

This is just the CORRUPT ESTABLISHMENT MEDIA trying to create disorder against the Law and Order
SVU
candidate.

Futureman

The kiss seemed kinda whatever, like a normal pleasantry. But what he's saying during the whole vid is just head shaking. He basically says he'll lie and make shit up about people if they offend him.

studyguy

That was a pretty cringey way to be a dick. The intro about getting back at people before the whole bit is a bad look either way.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The kiss seemed kinda whatever, like a normal pleasantry. But what he's saying during the whole vid is just head shaking. He basically says he'll lie and make shit up about people if they offend him.
My take as well - the more disturbing part is where he basically explains the strategy he's been using against his accusers now for the past couple of weeks.

As much as I hate Trump, his actions in this video whilst undeniably slimy, don't appear that bad. I can't see this making much of a splash.

Formless

The words/making her stand up there seemed worse though I imagine his grabbing is worse in private (i.e. kissing them in the mouth vs cheek).

Trump thinks he's ultra alpha, and obviously that plays into a lot of the machisimo in the campaign

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'm finding this video very difficult to watch.

Hearing the audience lapping all his shit up with such enthusiasm is incredibly disconcerting.

LotusHD

Banned
That wasn't too bad.

So sad that people are this numb to his actions. The dude talked about how he's all about revenge, and then proceeded to humiliate her. And of course, he couldn't resist planting a smooch on her while he was at it. Sickening.

Kaladin

Yeah, his words are worse than his actions here. The she came joke is deplorable and his whole thing about revenge is just disgusting.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Scummy as fuck.

"Look at how I'm abusing you. I'm abusing you but I don't mean it so it's okay right?" *abuses more*

I hate this "I'm being mean to you but I'm not being mean becaues I'm just kidding" "I'm sorry not sorry" bullshit.

Fuck this guy, yet again.

Forearms

As much as I hate Trump, his actions in this video whilst undeniably slimy, don't appear that bad. I can't see this making much of a splash.

It doesn't have to be a splash. This just adds to the narrative that he's a thin-skinned ego maniac that will retaliate at the slightest perception of wrong doing.

JaseMath

Something more alarming to me was him prefacing the entire thing by saying, "Get even with people. If they screw you, screw them back 10 times as hard."

This from the mouth of the man who might be our next president. :(

atr0cious

Unfortunately, this will be seen as benign since women's bodies and personal space is rarely deemed as something sacred. See it all the time when dudes will randomly walk up to a "friend" and hug them or kiss them on the cheek while the woman has no choice but to react to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom