• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new video shows Donald Trump grabbing and kissing a former Miss Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
This incident won't get much traction, but it's just another of likely hundreds of examples that should convince people who dismiss victims of sexual assault to start paying attention. It happens right in front of your face.

BKSmash

He strong arms her and yanks her in and she turns her head so he doesn't kiss her on the lips. What is wrong with you?

Calm down, man. I agree with him, this doesn't really look that bad. And what you described, I honestly don't see it.

Edit: I see you edited your post before I could quote it, lol nice one.

Lowmelody

*Watches Trump sexually assaults woman in front of thousands of people on stage and makes people laugh at her*

*Thinks thats not so bad*

*Posts about "rape culture bullshit"*

Edit - Oh and TONS of people kiss people

waaaaaat

LotusHD

Banned
I noticed this was the only other person besides me that watched the clip in it's entirety.

When did he grab her? And a kiss on the cheek is bad of all of sudden?

WTF is this?

I understand Trump is a scumbag, but let's not start going overboard here. It makes the Trump haters look worse than Trump himself.

The entire video, not just merely the inappropriate, unwarranted kiss, is the problem here. Dude literally just talks about how likes to get even with people, and then proceeds to humiliate her in front of a large audience just for some cheap laughs. I'd be uncomfortable as fuck in that situation, even moreso after the kiss.

Just further evidence that he doesn't have any respect for women whatsoever.

johnsmith

remember me
He's probably never sexually satisfied a woman in his life.

WRONG

2016-03-11-1457709578-5978124-TrumpNYP.jpg

danthefan

It's clearly creepy, unwanted, physical contact.... but it's not going to get any traction because it's just innocuous enough that supporters can be like "eh that's just a peck of a kiss" and people who hate him just reaffirm what they already know and/or believe.

Cool, you know it was unwanted.

I fucking despise Trump but he gives her a kiss on the cheek.

He strong arms her and yanks her in and she turns her head so he doesn't kiss her on the lips. What is wrong with you?

It's weird, it feels like people are talking about two totally different videos or something. Maybe people were expecting something far more graphic, but this is still a pretty uncomfortable exchange, at least I feel so.

joms5

lol

Strong arm
use force or violence against.

He puts his arms around her waist and she leans into him. Where was the force and violence? Seriously get out of here with that shit.

Careful, that last line will have you jumped all over as a bernie bro

hey, put some respeck on Bernie's name

I don't particularly like Hilary but what I was trying to say is that even with her mistakes she's nowhere near the shit show Trump is

giphy.gif

joms5

The entire video, not just merely the inappropriate, unwarranted kiss, is the problem here. Dude literally just talks about how likes to get even with people, and then proceeds to humiliate her in front of a large audience just for some cheap laughs. I'd be uncomfortable as fuck in that situation, even moreso after the kiss.

Just further evidence that he doesn't have any respect for women whatsoever.

WHAT?!

Okay the sexual innuendo joke was in very poor taste. But when in the hell did he humiliate her?

He was simply joking around that she didn't want to introduce him.

zethren

Banned
What the fuck at people brushing this off. That's extremely aggravating.

Watch her reaction. Watch it. She tries to move away from it, and immediately asks to sit back down (after being heckled up to the stage).

The kiss was sort of obscured, but frankly I found the whole speech deeply troubling.

Get even with people.

I made you what you are.

You should ask how high when I say jump.

I'm going to humiliate you despite knowing it was a simple mistake.

Agreed.

LotusHD

Banned
Have she spoken out on this event? Maybe she isn't bothered by it or maybe she is traumatized. Plenty of people kiss each on other on the cheek.

You don't exactly need her current day reaction to the experience to understand that was an extremely uncomfortable thing to watch. Even if she was truly okay with it, I don't see how you can watch the clip, and genuinely think there was nothing wrong about what he did.

And even putting aside the inappropriate kiss that she did not ask for, you're forgetting that he unnecessarily put her in the spotlight and basically humiliated her for a cheap laugh. And there's no way to spin that, considering he literally had just talked about his thoughts concerning revenge.

here's the thing about videos like these - what are they trying to accomplish? the people who hate trump will just have another incident under their belt, but his supporters are so staunchy that nothing will drop them. it's like they are indoctrinated.

i remember seeing a facebook post of these ladies wearing shirts reading "TRUMP CAN GRAB THIS PUSSY" with an arrow also on the shirt pointing down to their bottoms.

He literally grabs her and kisses her. She did not look like she wanted the kiss and seemed awkwardly aware something would happen.

locker room talk. but yeah i think it'll have to be worse than the Access Hollywood audio to move the needle.

We could get videos of him actually grabbin a woman's junk & people would go 'Really, right before the election? It was so long ago, why is this coming out now? Crooked sexual abuse victims that's why!'

Lowmelody

HOLY FUCK

We need PSA every fucking commercial cycle telling men is isn't ok to grab and kiss women without consent. It's sexual assault even if

wait for it

even if its on the cheek

It's not ok, guys. Ever. Not even a tiny bit and no your opinion stating otherwise doesn't matter, just don't.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
That wasn't too bad.

It was uncomfortable enough watching it. It must have been really uncomfortable being Jennifer there.

But what's even worse is the probable context. He says that he was really angry with her before because he'd thought she was dissing him. Probably he has already bawled her out for whatever it was. And then he PLANS this public humiliation - on stage in front of an audience where she can't fight back - and he TELLS the audience about getting revenge before getting stuck into the humiliation and the sex joke and the attempted kiss.

That's just monstrous.

LotusHD

Banned
WHAT?!

Okay the sexual innuendo joke was in very poor taste. But when in the hell did he humiliate her?

He was simply joking around that she didn't want to introduce him.

Ah yes, he was just simply joking around. Never mind the fact that he put her on the spot over a perceived slight in front of a large audience. Never mind the fact that he joked about wanting to say that she isn't very bright. Never mind the fact that he made a quick sexual joke about her.

All in good fun.

I noticed this was the only other person besides me that watched the clip in it's entirety.

When did he grab her? And a kiss on the cheek is bad of all of sudden?

WTF is this?

I understand Trump is a scumbag, but let's not start going overboard here. It makes the Trump haters look worse than Trump himself.

Learned yourself some consent, or maybe at least SOME romantic decorum.

lol

Strong arm
use force or violence against.

He puts his arms around her waist and she leans into him. Where was the force and violence? Seriously get out of here with that shit.

Lol you sure showed me with the literal definition of strong arm. You obviously think there isn't anything wrong with this. So no point in going back and forth with you. He didn't embarrass her right? He didn't go in for an unwanted kiss right? She leaned into it right? You have an empathy problem.

You don't exactly need her current day reaction to the experience to understand that was an extremely uncomfortable thing to watch. Even if she was truly okay with it, I don't see how you can watch the clip, and genuinely think there was nothing wrong about what he did.

And even putting aside the inappropriate kiss that she did not ask for, you're forgetting that he unnecessarily put her in the spotlight and basically humiliated her for a cheap laugh. And there's no way to spin that, considering he literally had just talked about his thoughts concerning revenge.
I think you are projecting a little here. He was clearly joking around with her. Everyone was laughing. The worst part about that video for me was his views on seeking revenge and screwing people.

LotusHD

Banned
here's the thing about videos like these - what are they trying to accomplish? the people who hate trump will just have another incident under their belt, but his supporters are so staunchy that nothing will drop them. it's like they are indoctrinated.

i remember seeing a facebook post of these ladies wearing shirts reading "TRUMP CAN GRAB THIS PUSSY" with an arrow also on the shirt pointing down to their bottoms.

Why not? There could very well be supporters, undecideds, etc. that might actually for whatever reason drop Trump because of that additional bad thing he has done. Regardless, he's running for president. I'm very much interested in knowing of all the fucked up things he has done as a public figure.

joms5

The article explains how quite clearly. Maybe you should read it.

Yeah I did. Once again the sexual innuendo is the only thing that was bad about it.

If you want to call that humiliating then that's fine. But other people are clearly outrage at the "grabbing" that never happened.

No bias in here.

Interesting divide in here about this video, I have to say. I mean, this is basically the closest we will probably ever get to seeing Donald Trump sexually assault someone on video, and he does basically everything ever in a smaller, tamer way that he talks about doing in the Access Hollywood video. Really surprised a lot of people aren't seeing it. I mean, I wouldn't think twice about it myself if I felt she was along with it, but she really doesn't seem into it at all to me.

I hope they seek her out and ask her about the whole thing. If she was okay with this, I mean, it is what it is. But if not, it really helps to reaffirm a lot of the stuff we know about Trump already, in front of our own eyes.

Jennifer Hawkins is one of the biggest celebrities here in Australia. The fact she didn't want to promote him is not surprising, It would be damaging to her brand. The old "my management got the dates wrong" trick.

The way I see it, he was just talking about how he likes to get back at people, ten times over. She humiliated him, so he goes on and deliberately humiliates her, I front of all those people.

She obviously didn't like him going for the kiss. Looked like she didn't even want a friendly cheek kiss from him.

joms5

She was asking for it but he made her turn her head. What a gentleman

lol oh it's one of you people. That's the only defense you people ever have.

Hope this guy wins just so see all these members of gaf lose their shit.

They just can't be wrong.

Lol you sure showed me with the literal definition of strong arm. You obviously think there isn't anything wrong with this. So no point in going back and forth with you. He didn't embarrass her right? He didn't go in for an unwanted kiss right? She leaned into it right? You have an empathy problem.

No empathy problem here. The problem is your writing. You used the word. Not me. Think before you speak. Don't just fly off the handle at some people because they disagree with you.

LotusHD

Banned
I think you are projecting a little here. He was clearly joking around with her. Everyone was laughing. The worst part about that video for me was his views on seeking revenge and screwing people.

And yet you don't see any connection to what he immediately did afterwards? Also, the crowd laughing doesn't make it okay; there's a lot of instances where crowds laugh at fucked up things/jokes all the time.

I don't know how someone can't just simply picture how she must have felt up there, and realize why what Trump did was so clearly wrong. It's honestly infuriating, but hey man, do you.

Arkeband

Banned
He also gives her a little smack on the ass after he says "Yes, Go." when she asks if she can go sit back down.

Simply a joke, guys!11

LotusHD

Banned
lol oh it's one of you people. That's the only defense you people ever have.

Hope this guy wins just so see all these members of gaf lose their shit.

They just can't be wrong.

Yea, you hope the man who is racist, misogynistic, sexist, etc. wins. Cool.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

This is like asking why do all these women who came forward about Cosby just keep coming? It isn't so much about swaying his supporters, it is about showing how Trump is a fucking liar about not ever sexually assaulting women before.

Servbot24

Banned
Don't get me wrong, Trump is a disgusting person. But I don't think that video is "shocking" enough to sway many voters. It's just really awkward and uncomfortable more than anything.

Kinyou

The grabbing or kiss didn't seem all that outrageous. Also a bit weird how it's mentioned in the headline and then barely focused on in the article.

Him being a dick and basically telling how he's willing to lie is bad enough though.

joebruin

He literally grabs her and kisses her. She did not look like she wanted the kiss and seemed awkwardly aware something would happen.

We could get videos of him actually grabbin a woman's junk & people would go 'Really, right before the election? It was so long ago, why is this coming out now? Crooked sexual abuse victims that's why!'

This video is showing him acting on part of what he talked about in that access Hollywood video. It backs it up.

i'm not saying it doesn't. but you know how people are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom