• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new video shows Donald Trump grabbing and kissing a former Miss Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKSmash

Remember when Trump called Cruz a Pussy?

https://youtu.be/UHcD5-TGHvY?t=66

This is exactly the same thing. Hes basically saying "I'm just saying hypothetically I might call her an idiot in front of everyone, if I were trying to get back at her for refusing to introduce me, which I would never do of course, even though she really didn't introduce me."

I'm kinda shocked that people cannot see this. It doesn't matter if she didn't feel uncomfortable. Trumps goal was clearly to make her feel uncomfortable, and that should be enough.

Wait, are you using the fact that Trump called him a pussy as something that is degrading toward women? Haven't you heard people call each other ¨dicks¨? I hope I missed your point because that doesn't make any sense.

Krixeus

VjbRxE6OVG3io.gif

Best 1st post I've seen in a while.

To all the guys doing the "eeeh, what's the problem" dance.

That's your daughter on stage. Being publicly humiliated over some trivial bs to make the bully look good, and advanced on by the same bully humiliating her.

Does it still not matter to you?

This video actually will help Trump if it gets any traction. He can simply point to this video for what kind of stuff he did to women. I've seen Bob Barker do worse.

Not only that, but it surfaces on the same day the FBI reopen's it's investigation of Crooked Shillary's email server investigation. I can almost hear the words leaving his mouth already.

I don't like the man, but unlike many of the absolutely vile things he said, in fairness, he was just making crude jokes for the audience.

God I'm somewhat defending Trump. I hate myself and this election cycle.

Making crude jokes at the expense of a woman on stage in front of hundreds (thousands?) of people. Calling out that woman in front of a crowd to shame her. Insisting that she come on stage to shame her. Comparing her to other women to shame her. Saying she's inferior to other women to shame her. Threatening to call her "not so bright" to shame her. Grabbing and kissing her without her permission when she's clearly uncomfortable.

It's just banter tho

LotusHD

Banned
To all the guys doing the "eeeh, what's the problem dance".

That's your daughter on stage. Being publicly humiliated over some trivial bs and advanced on by the same guy humiliating her.

Does it still not matter to you?

I always thought it was sort of sad, if not slightly offensive, that some people out there only have a chance of being empathetic and understanding by picturing the girl/woman in question being "their daughter, mother, sister", etc.

He is a goddamned petty, dominance-obsessed asshole.

"Yeah, ha, ha, you didn't show me the proper deference, so IF I was going to humiliate you in front of a huge crowd, which I won't, but IF I did, I'd do it exactly like this! But hey, I was only joking, ha ha. Now here's a joke about how I had sex with you and you loved it."

Uncomfortable like his Al Smith dinner speech. He is so sad.

Wait, are you using the fact that Trump called him a pussy as something that is degrading toward women? Haven't you heard people say ¨what a fucking dick¨? I hope I missed your point because that doesn't make any sense.

The point is that he called Ted Cruz a pussy in such a way that his supporters could say "He didn't really call Ted Cruz a pussy."

It's the same way he called the person in the new video stupid. Sometimes he veils his insults.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like the man, but unlike many of the absolutely vile things he said, in fairness, he was just making crude jokes for the audience.

God I'm somewhat defending Trump. I hate myself and this election cycle.

I don't disagree. If it was anyone else it would be a crude remark from a dirty old man. But, this can't be from someone running for public office no matter which office it is.

Edit: Actually, it's highly inappropriate no matter the situation.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, are you using the fact that Trump called him a pussy as something that is degrading toward women? Haven't you heard people say ¨what a fucking dick¨? I hope I missed your point because that doesn't make any sense.

The important part isn't the insult itself, it's the framing of the insult. He's using that same framing here. He's clearly insulting that woman, even if the framing is him saying he's not.

Pulling someone on stage in front of an audience of thousands to tell her she should have been there to introduce him. Awful behavior, no matter if he "jokes" or not. Totally unnecessary and clearly not something you would like to happen to you.

Debirudog

This video actually will help Trump if it gets any traction. He can simply point to this video for what kind of stuff he did to women. I've seen Bob Barker do worse.

No shit, he was in front an entire audience. He still did a lot of creepy things, which actually makes it worse.

I noticed this was the only other person besides me that watched the clip in it's entirety.

When did he grab her? And a kiss on the cheek is bad of all of sudden?

WTF is this?

I understand Trump is a scumbag, but let's not start going overboard here. It makes the Trump haters look worse than Trump himself.

If you kissed someone on the cheek without consent involved, that's assault.

tuxfool

Banned
What if a person in Europe doesn't want the greeting.

TBH, you'd look pretty weird, but there are very clear social contexts when you greet people like that. You wouldn't do it in an event like this.

You also certainly don't do it forcefully, it is definitely the case of "you know it when you see it".

Kissing a girl on the check is not sexual assault. I would call it unchecked patriarchy. I can see the argument though for this video considering the vile stuff Dirty Donald says before he kisses her.

You can't just kiss any women you see on the cheek.

If they don't want to be kissed, you don't kiss them.

It might not be assault in the eyes of the law, buts it harassment at the least.

What if a person in Europe doesn't want the greeting.
You mostly just read the mood and it depends on your relation with the other. When you don't know someone, you give a handshake. If you met a few times and are friendly to each other, you give a kiss on the cheek. At least, that's how I see it.

Don't know the relationship between the woman in the video and Trump, but the whole situation going before it makes it more inappropriate then it otherwise would have been.

joms5

If you kissed someone on the cheek without consent involved, that's assault.

You're right.

But how are we to know whether consent wasn't given? These two clearly have known each other before and worked together. We don't know how close they are and how they greet each other?

Everyone is assuming that she didn't want a kiss because she turned her head. Does that mean if she hadn't turned her head that she did want the kiss? NO!

People jump to conclusions. And they do it simply because they don't like Trump. That's my issue here.

Black_Red

He wasn't greeting her. He was kicking her off the stage after humiliating her during a corporate speech.

Well it is used on greetings and goodbyes. I can totally understand criticism on the jokes, but the kiss on the cheek part wasn't weird (MAYBE the way he grabbed her back).

Hell even in some asymmetrical relationships (like with doctors) you usually will say goodbye with a kiss in the cheek (South america).

You're right.

But how are we to know whether consent wasn't given? These two clearly have known each other before and worked together. We don't know how close they are and how they greet each other?

Everyone is assuming that she didn't want a kiss because she turned her head. Does that mean if she hadn't turned her head that she did want the kiss? NO!

People jump to conclusions. And they do it simply because they don't like Trump. That's my issue here.

Your issue is people jumping to conclusions based on Trump's self-admitted history of sexually assaulting women?

You're right.

People jump to a conclusion that "man accused by a dozen women of forcing himself on them was forcing himself on a woman in a video." Donald Trump is not a man who has earned assumptions of good faith.

joms5

People jump to a conclusion that "man accused by a dozen women of forcing himself on them was forcing himself on a woman in a video." Donald Trump is not a man who has earned assumptions of good faith.

And this is the problem with people.

Innocent before proven guilty is clearly not true.

I guess people who have driven drunk in the past are immediately assumed to be intoxicated when getting into a fender bender right?

You want to claim he assaulted this woman? Fine. But you're no more right than I am until this woman comes forward and says the kiss was not consensual.

I'm curious, if she did come forward and say, "we would always greet each other with a kiss, it wasn't an issue for me", then what?

And this is the problem with people.

Innocent before proven guilty is clearly not true.

I guess people who have driven drunk in the past are immediately assumed to be intoxicated when getting into a fender bender right?

You want to claim he assaulted this woman? Fine. But you're no more right than I am until this woman comes forward and says the kiss was not consensual.

I'm curious, if she did come forward and say, "we would always greet each other with a kiss, it wasn't an issue for me", then what?

What a strange hill you're choosing to die on.

This is why victims of sexual assault are reluctant to come forward.

LotusHD

Banned

Everything else he did in the video would still be pretty fucked up though. And lol at trying to compare drunk driving with a presidential candidate that literally says he grabs women by the pussy.

This is a really dumb thing to be insistent on defending, but sure, do you lol

Kaladin

It was more of a formal kiss on the cheek than anything else. Maybe that is something she does?

His words are worth paying attention to more than his actions though. He literally insinuated that he had sex with her with the "she came" joke and blew it off as a joke. I'm sure that's locker room talk in Australia.

Kinyou

What a strange hill you're choosing to die on.

This is why victims of sexual assault are reluctant to come forward.

But in this case no one even came forward. It's not crazy to want to hear what the alleged victim actually has to say about it.

I find it rather strange to even turn this into a hill and not to focus on the comments he made on stage

If they had a history of driving drunk and bragging about it the way Trump has a history of sexually assaulting women and bragging about it, then yes, that would be a fair assumption to make.

Poor Donald. I'm sure we don't have a good gauge of his character at this point. We just need more information. I'm sure he's a nice guy, deep down.

This is like when we had a thread on YouTube "social experiment" creeps who violate women's personal space, and posters claimed the women liked it because they were trying to laugh it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom