• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new video shows Donald Trump grabbing and kissing a former Miss Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

frequency

Would you appreciate or feel it was "not a big deal" if some old guy called you up on stage and made sexual jokes about you and then kissed you?

LotusHD

Banned
Don't get me wrong, Trump is a disgusting person. But I don't think that video is "shocking" enough to sway many voters. It's just really awkward and uncomfortable more than anything.

Thing is, though that would obviously be the best outcome, it doesn't need to be. Shit like this deserves to be put into the spotlight. The goal is to just hammer in the point that Trump is a disgusting man. Even if the people who support him remain unswayed, it just makes it easier for me to acknowledge they're just as deplorable for continuing to support him.

And yet you don't see any connection to what he immediately did afterwards? Also, the crowd laughing doesn't make it okay; there's a lot of instances where crowds laugh at fucked up things/jokes all the time.

I don't know how someone can't just simply picture how she must have felt up there, and realize why what Trump did was so clearly wrong. It's honestly infuriating, but hey man, do you.
I understand your point of view but without the context of her opinion on the encounter/the nature of their relationship. I feel you are jumping to a conclusion. Look I'm married and women have a lot of complex emotions so without anything overt I'm not going to try and explain how a woman is feeling inside.

Yeah I did. Once again the sexual innuendo is the only thing that was bad about it.

Uh huh.

The Article You Claimed to Have Read said:
First, he describes how he would have embarrassed Hawkins onstage, if she really had slighted him. "I was actually going to get up and tell you that Jennifer is a beautiful girl on the outside, but she’s not very bright," he says. "That wouldn’t have been true, but I would have said it anyway."

I'm pretty sure most people would find it humiliating to be told "I was going to call you stupid" in front of a crowd of people.

Hope this guy wins just so see all these members of gaf lose their shit.

No bias here, huh?

lol oh it's one of you people. That's the only defense you people ever have.

They just can't be wrong.

Figured those true colors were going to come out soon. Just asking questions?

Why not? There could very well be supporters, undecideds, etc. that might actually for whatever reason drop Trump because of that additional bad thing he has done. Regardless, he's running for president. I'm very much interested in knowing of all the fucked up things he has done as a public figure.
but his supporters have proven that they will stay supporters no matter how many atrocious things about this man are revealed.
This is like asking why do all these women who came forward about Cosby just keep coming? It isn't so much about swaying his supporters, it is about showing how Trump is a fucking liar about not ever sexually assaulting women before.
as i've been following the news, every single time something like this has happened, all he's done is said that they are the liars and he's going to sue them after the election for defamation of character, or something like that.

So, to paraphrase: "I was going to get on stage and tell everyone this woman is stupid even though it's not true just because she slighted me."

I hate everything about this man.

LotusHD

Banned
I understand your point of view but without the context of her opinion on the encounter I feel you are jumping to a conclusion. Look I'm married and women have a lot of complex emotions so without anything overt I'm not going to try and explain how a woman is feeling inside.

Once again, while it's possible that she may magically feel unbothered by the whole experience, that doesn't make what he did right.

Are you really saying that if that his behavior is only reprehensible if she confirms that she was made uncomfortable? That you don't understand why it isn't right to try and embarrass someone like that? That it isn't right to just randomly try and kiss them like that?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
as i've been following the news, every single time something like this has happened, all he's done is said that they are the liars and he's going to sue them after the election for defamation of character, or something like that.

Okay....and?

joms5

What are you talking about I'm on side your
not a typo

I apologize if I misread that. I detected sarcasm.

I get it. Trump is a piece of shit. I agree with that. But nothing makes people look worse than being so obsessed with hating someone to the point that they're literally grasping at straws.

With everything that's come out about this guy, both recently and in years prior, everyone knows he's garbage. Let's not make ourselves look like obsessed zealots.

zethren

Banned
lol oh it's one of you people. That's the only defense you people ever have.

They just can't be wrong.

Oh come on, now.
There are very serious reasons to be worried about a Trump presidency, so that is incredibly petty and without much forethought.

She was very clearly uncomfortable in the video, and that is enough. Case closed. It doesn't matter if that fits your definition of being bad enough.

Fusebox

Banned
Unfortunately, this will be seen as benign since women's bodies and personal space is rarely deemed as something sacred. See it all the time when dudes will randomly walk up to a "friend" and hug them or kiss them on the cheek while the woman has no choice but to react to it.

This is an odd observation. How do you know they're only "friends" and not actually friends?

LotusHD

Banned
I apologize if I misread that. I detected sarcasm.

I get it. Trump is a piece of shit. I agree with that. But nothing makes people look worse than being so obsessed with hating someone to the point that they're literally grasping at straws.

With everything that's come out about this guy, both recently and in years prior, everyone knows he's garbage. Let's not make ourselves look like obsessed zealots.

It's impossible for me to look worse than Trump, so...

joms5

Figured those true colors were going to come out soon. Just asking questions?

True colours? I don't have a horse in this race.

It just makes me angry when people lie. Simple.

Oh come on, now.
There are very serious reasons to be worried about a Trump presidency, so that is incredibly petty and without much forethought.

She was very clearly uncomfortable in the video, and that is enough. Case closed. It doesn't matter if that fits your definition of being bad enough.

Agreed. Said out of anger and annoyance. I think anyone in their right mind knows this man has no chance of winning though.

Pulka

I'm pretty sure most people would find it humiliating to be told "I was going to call you stupid" in front of a crowd of people.
?
He says that as a joke, like he would lie and say that she isn't bright because she didn't introduce him. Some petty revenge thing. He's trying to say "I was going to call you dumb because you didn't introduce me" and on stage it's obvious that that would be a lie, because he likes her and they're friends.

(Bad) example of the joke:
A worker brings his boss a cup of coffee, the boss says "oh thanks, I was about to fire you but I guess I won't now"

Our culture the way it is, I doubt this does anything. All the ingredients are there for bullshit excuses: she's smiling, he's joking and "why hasn't she complained about it, then?"

brawly

Kiss? Some of you would probably have a cultural shock coming to europe. This is how adults greet eachother. Without the verbal idiocy, usually.

tuxfool

Banned
He says that as a joke, like he would lie and say that she isn't bright because she didn't introduce him. Some petty revenge thing. He's trying to say "I was going to call you dumb because you didn't introduce me" and on stage it's obvious that that would be a lie, because he likes her and they're friends.

A worker brings his boss a cup of coffee, the boss says "oh thanks, I was about to fire you but I guess I won't now"

Except it isn't a joke, he has used this nonsense in very serious contexts, like after the first debate.

JeTmAn81

The kiss was the least offensive part of that video. The way he talked about her before was disgusting. It didn't even look like he was trying to kiss her anywhere but the cheek.

Once again, while it's possible that she may magically feel unbothered by the whole experience, that doesn't make what he did right.

Are you really saying that if that his behavior is only reprehensible if she confirms that she was made uncomfortable? That you don't understand why it isn't right to try and embarrass someone like that? That it isn't right to just randomly try and kiss them like that?
Only in regards to the kissing stuff. Without knowing the nature of their relationship it's hard to say because she doesnt overtly do anything and we haven't heard her feelings on the matter.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This is a beautiful illustration of how this guy operates, since he just blantantly says that he attacks without any truth or merit, just out of vindictiveness. And I'm not even focusing on the sexual stuff, just the weird Machiavellian advice he gives at these seminars.

I feel like tape of these seminars alone should be enough to dissuade anybody to vote for him, they're probably full of this kind of pettiness masquerading as power.

bionic77

Trump is such a horrible person and jackass that sadly this would not be the worst thing he had done in most weeks.

The floor he has set on expected human behavior for someone running for president is so fucking low now. If he can go 24 hours without raping someone or saying something hideously racist his supporters would probably commend him.

Astral Dog

VjbRxE6OVG3io.gif

oh Dear

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Remember when Trump called Cruz a Pussy?

https://youtu.be/UHcD5-TGHvY?t=66

This is exactly the same thing. Hes basically saying "I'm just saying hypothetically I might call her an idiot in front of everyone, if I were trying to get back at her for refusing to introduce me, which I would never do of course, even though she really didn't introduce me."

I'm kinda shocked that people cannot see this. It doesn't matter if she didn't feel uncomfortable. Trumps goal was clearly to make her feel uncomfortable, and that should be enough.

Black_Red

Is this about the kiss in the cheek in the end of the video? lol, that was nothing. That's how you greet someone from the opposite sex unless it's an extremely formal/serious situation.

Futureman

Kissing a girl on the check is not sexual assault. I would call it unchecked patriarchy. I can see the argument though for this video considering the vile stuff Dirty Donald says before he kisses her.

Patriots7

I can count like 10 abusive things he did in this video. I don't know how people are so blind to this.
I don't like the man, but unlike many of the absolutely vile things he said, in fairness, he was just making crude jokes for the audience.

God I'm somewhat defending Trump. I hate myself and this election cycle.

He mocked Chris Christie's weight as a joke, and he called Ted Cruz a pussy as a joke.

Joking or serious, he's still being a scumbag, and his insults should be pretty transparent by now.

btrboyev

This video actually will help Trump if it gets any traction. He can simply point to this video for what kind of stuff he did to women. I've seen Bob Barker do worse.

4Tran

I don't know if this is sexy enough to get very much play, but I also don't think that it has to. This kind of video cements the fact that Donald Trump is disrespectful towards women, and feels free to act abominably towards them. It's something that women everywhere experience, and it's something that they're going to be constantly reminded about come Election Day. I suspect that Trump will perform worse among women at the election booth than he does in the polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom