• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Real Boyfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidan

I think I found my favorite

tumblr_m3f56dlbJU1r6c30no1_400.jpg

I'm not a violent guy, but I really want punch this kid.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
People actually think like that and don't realize what they are doing. It's silly.
I just don't know man. Of course I've seen that kind of self-rationalization from people in codependent relationships before. But this is just too much. Everything down to the "party/drink" is like it's coming from a script.

Basically the sequence of events from my perspective is:

-Guy says he's gonna stay in with his sick GF <- I say, good stuff
-Friend says "Dude you're WHIPPED"<- I say, likely jealously/overcompensation, good opportunity to tell him to enjoy striking out later
-Guy sends that text in response instead <- I say, er... okay maybe friend has a point.

Maybe she's not even really sick

zethren

Banned
These guys existed in previous generations as well. It's just that now we get more massively exposed to them via the Internet.

This will never not happen as long as we have dudes and chicks and sorry I love you with all of my feels please love me.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Hmm you know this kind of hits close to home.

Back in 2007 when I let my ex gf fat friend give me a bj I thought of my ex and made sure to wear a condom...worst bj ever but I got my nut.

Not bragging since the friend was dog ugly.

zethren

Banned
I just don't know man. Of course I've seen that kind of self-rationalization from people in codependent relationships before. But this is just too much. Everything down to the "party/drink" is like it's coming from a script.

Basically the sequence of events from my perspective is:

-Guy says he's gonna stay in with his sick GF <- I say, good stuff
-Friend says "Dude you're WHIPPED"<- I say, likely jealously/overcompensation, good opportunity to tell him to enjoy striking out later
-Guy sends that text in response instead <- I say, er... okay maybe friend has a point.

Maybe she's not even really sick

Just seems to me like he knows he's whipped and is frantically spewing words into a text in an awkward attempt at self defense. If he had any self respect/confidence in who he was he'd have responded something like "yah okay man, cya later." Or in some other joking manner that his friend would get.

Getting butthurt for being called whipped usually means you are, and he didn't know how to deal with it.

Or it's fake. SORRY I CARED SO MUCH ABOUT YOU, RANDOM WHIPPED TEXT GUY.

There needs to be a site that unites the "Nice guys of okcupid" with the girls that endlessly share these "Real boyfriend" pics on Facebook.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just seems to me like he knows he's whipped and is frantically spewing words into a text in an awkward attempt at self defense. If he had any self respect/confidence in who he was he'd have responded something like "yah okay man, cya later." Or in some other joking manner that his friend would get.

Getting butthurt for being called whipped usually means you are, and he didn't know how to deal with it.

Or it's fake. SORRY I CARED SO MUCH ABOUT YOU, RANDOM WHIPPED TEXT GUY.
Exactly (at the bold), or I mean see my above other example. Calling someone whipped in that scenario is so transparent it's begging to be mocked in return.

The response (if genuine) makes me feel like the dude toooootally is whipped when I'd have no reason to have thought so just because he was staying home with his GF.

But since this is presented to us as "no this is good, this is what a real boyfriend would say!!!!" I have to err on the side of "fake." :p

ultim8p00

Banned
Most of these are fucking stupid, but I would totally skip going out with my bros if my girl is sick.

The fact that you guys consider that whipped is pretty fucking sad and shows what little relationship experience some of you have. How do you even go out and have a good time knowing your SO is sick in bed?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Most of these are fucking stupid, but I would totally skip going out with my bros if my girl is sick.

The fact that you guys consider that whipped is pretty fucking sad and shows what little relationship experience some of you have. How do you even go out and have a good time knowing your SO is sick in bed?

No. The second response is.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

the point has sailed dramatically over the top of your head space

Sarcasm? At any rate, if my SO is sick, big whoop. She isn't a baby, she can get herself a box of tissues. If she is in the hospital then that is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom