• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC Unity Season Pass Cancelled, Ubi offers free game instead

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Not saying content won't be released for the game but probably not anywhere near they were originally planning.
That's just baseless speculation we have no idea what they were originally planning. We have a trailer showing footage of both the dlcs when they were still WIP. That's all we know about them.

Kinda glad I got the season pass last week. I get all the content and a free game now...not bad for me. So, Far Cry 4 or The Crew...hmmm
Far Cry 4. Trust me.

TimmiT

Kinda glad I got the season pass last week. I get all the content and a free game now...not bad for me. So, Far Cry 4 or The Crew...hmmm

There's a The Crew open beta going on right now, so you can try it out. It's not that great though. I got Far Cry 4 is and it's far better.

FDC1

Basically what this comes down to, is people who bought the season pass, now instead bought a new game they may not even want at a discounted price. Any one defending this is nuts.

Not instead, they get the free game AND all the DLC included in the season pass

That's just baseless speculation we have no idea what they were originally planning. We have a trailer showing footage of both the dlcs when they were still WIP. That's all we know about them.

Far Cry 4. Trust me.

There's a The Crew open beta going on right now, so you can try it out. It's not that great though. I got Far Cry 4 is and it's far better.
Ya I'm thinking I'll go Far Cry 4. I'll check out that open beta, but Far Cry 4 is seeming like an awesome choice for the free game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. I wish I got the Season Pass now for a super cheap Far Cry 4!

Skux

Basically what this comes down to, is people who bought the season pass, now instead bought a new game they may not even want at a discounted price. Any one defending this is nuts.

What? Season pass holders still get the season pass content (not 100% sure about the AC China game though - but even if not, getting a free game is more than enough cloensation).

What?

You still get the content that you wanted and paid for, now you also get a free game. If you don't want any of those games, that's on you. Just pretend they never announced it and now you still get the content you pre-bought. I don't get the issue.

Marcel

Funny seeing people saying, "Should have bought a season pass" on fucking GAF of all places, lol. Take a spin on the season pass roulette wheel and hope your company of choice is incompetent enough to botch it. Maybe you'll get a free game!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wow, that's absolutely huge.

I smell an AC reboot. I'm curious if we'll see an AC game next year.
???
There will be, and no reboots lol
But the Season pass is on PSN, I'm sure I just saw it, anyway this is fantastic of Ubi, sure they fucked up but Free DLC for everyone and a free game(FC4) for season pass holders? The DLC is enough.
bravo Ubi

JP

Would have been tempted to buy the season pass even though I don't own the game but the only game in the list I don't own is The Crew which would still feel overpriced at this price point. :(

Bebpo

Banned
Wow, crazy. Was just about the buy the season pass last night as I'm getting near the end of the game and up for more missions.

But glad I didn't, don't really want any of the free games and I'd rather save $30 and get the DLC free!

But really, this is nice and all but they need to fix the game.

Kssio_Aug

What?

You still get the content that you wanted and paid for, now you also get a free game. If you don't want any of those games, that's on you. Just pretend they never announced it and now you still get the content you pre-bought. I don't get the issue.

The issue is that he paid more for free content. I find completely reasonable to be pissed if you already bought Far Cry 4. The other games are just bad or will be found cheaper in some sales constantly from now on.

blurrygil

Cool. So I paid $25 for the pass, while you paid 0. Makes sense. Id rather have my money back than one of those "free" games.

Then...how about you, I dunno, call up their customer service then?

The announcement should appease most, but not all, like yourself. To which in the end helps them manage all of the elevated complaints. So nothing is stopping you from demanding a refund, if it is doable.

But know that it comes off as somewhat selfish (at least to me) that you're not: A) Happy that they're publicly acknowledging these major issues with their product and B) Happy that many others are going to get to experience the added content along with you.

I'm envious of the fact you get a crack at a game that I had paid (or will be paying) full price on.

Valnen

I have a friend who owns Far Cry 4 and AC:Unity gold edition. Would they be able to give me their code for Far Cry 4, somehow?

What?

Makes more sense now. I retract all previous statements.

This was quite a good move on Ubisoft's part. Those of you expecting your money back is pretty jarring. Most game devs don't give money back. They usually exchange it for another game so this is pretty common. At least they give a very good list of games to choose from.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I have a friend who owns Far Cry 4 and AC:Unity gold edition. Would they be able to give me their code for Far Cry 4, somehow?
If he gets a code for a digital download of FC4 then he'd probably be able to give it to you.

Paganmoon

Yea the thread title is a bit misleading. The Season Pass wasn't cancelled, it's just not available for purchase anymore. And by the looks of it, it's confusing people as they don't seem to realize that you get everything you wanted with the season pass, and a free game.

Thanks tons Yves, really appreciate it.

RE_Player

Then...how about you, I dunno, call up their customer service then?

The announcement should appease most, but not all, like yourself. To which in the end helps them manage all of the elevated complaints. So nothing is stopping you from demanding a refund, if it is doable.

But know that it comes off as somewhat selfish (at least to me) that you're not: A) Happy that they're publicly acknowledging these major issues with their product and B) Happy that many others are going to get to experience the added content along with you.

I'm envious of the fact you get a crack at a game that I had paid (or will be paying) full price on.
You are saying people should be happy by this?

fernoca

Again...

Season Pass owners get:
-Dead Kings (DLC expansion, includes side missions for the main game)
-AC Chronicles China (2D game -no price yet-)
-Misc. weapons (already out -$3-)
-Their choice of a free game (FarCry 4, The Crew, etc. -up to $60-)

No-Season Pass owners get:

Unless things change again. Since some still claim stuff is not coming.

I'm pretty unhappy with all the shit that surrounded the game's launch but ended up really liking the game itself, so I'll gladly have that free St Denis DLC.

Ledhead

I'm okay with this, I get Dead Kings for free. To the season pass holders...well it would be nice if they offered a refund. But if you're interested in any of their other games (FC4 hint hint) then this probably isn't all bad

SerTapTap

Again...

Season Pass owners get:
-AC Chronicles China (2D game -no price yet-)
-Misc. weapons (already out -$3-)
-Their choice of a free game (FarCry 4, The Crew, etc. -up to $60-)

No-Season Pass owners get:

Was about to post something like this. Also, season pass was pulled so people don't buy it as a super discounted Far Cry 4 ticket, not because they're cancelling the content. I'm the first to throw stones at Ubisoft but this is uncharacteristically generous.

iNvid02

the frst page of reactions made me laugh, but i realized i would have most likely been pissed too if they cancelled it all and offered a free game.

hmmm, crew ;/

The Crew
Far Cry 4
Watch Dogs
Assassin’s Creed Black Flag
Rayman Legends
Just Dance 2015

Turkoop

Banned
Still not gonna buy it
Good step from Ubisoft but the game was as i heard so broken
And then the parity -.-
No ubi, I've got GTAV and DAI
You're lucky that i am buying The Crew..

Nori Chan

This kinda sucks since I bought the season pass and far cry 4...and I'm not interested in the crew, just dance, or rayman.

Am I sol?

murgo

Wait, so everyone who purchased the season pass still gets all the content PLUS a free game? That's pretty nice. Maybe I should've bought the season pass after all if you get Far Cry 4 or something like that :D

Top Bottom