• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC4: First review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i'm getting the same feeling... in reverse.

It's that or the xb1 version looks like crap.

Deal seems more likely.

I remember when developers never showed the PS3 versions of games before the notions was thought of a 'deal'. Most of the time it was because it was the inferior port.

nib95

Banned
NO DX 11 "tech" on PS4 EVER because it's an Open GL system there are countless articles on how MS is using DX 11 on Xbox One exclusively, there are devs talking about ease of use.

Sony PS4 developer slide.

DirectX_11.2__PS4-pcgh.jpg

Wasp

Resident Evil 4 HD on PS3 has the worst texture aliasing I've seen. The outside ground texture is supposed to be soil and autumn leaves but the aliasing is so bad it causes it to look like it's shimmering like the ground is made of liquid. Awful.

I'm sure AC IV won't be that bad but I would take blurry textures over shimmering textures.

NO DX 11 "tech" on PS4 EVER because it's an Open GL system there are countless articles on how MS is using DX 11 on Xbox One exclusively, there are devs talking about ease of use.

PS4 does not use OpenGL either. PS4 uses GNM, a low level API similar to Mantle.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I love it when a liar is proven wrong.

He's not really wrong, PS4 uses an Open GL feature set equivalent to Direct X11.2 it doesn't actually use Direct 11, because that's Microsoft patented and so they would have to pay money to use it plus Microsoft decides who can use it because it's proprietary. But that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Kazerei

Banned
-Stealth works very well, you can chose how to approach your taget, etc..

I really fucking hope so. The series has become gradually worse in this regard. I distinctly remember an assassination in AC3 where the only way to stealth-kill the target was to climb a specific tree with a long branch that lead you right on top of the target. Otherwise you just go in and kill 20 guys.

-You'll play as Edward like 10 minutes after launching the game on your console

Aww, but I was hoping to play as Haytham for 3 sequences. dat smexy voice

Gaz_RB

I think I'd be more likely to believe it if he hadn't said that he played PS4.

Hope it's true though. I'm getting this on PS4 day one.

I really fucking hope so. The series has become gradually worse in this regard. I distinctly remember an assassination in AC3 where the only way to stealth-kill the target was to climb a specific tree with a long branch that lead you right on top of the target. Otherwise you just go in and kill 20 guys.

Fuck I remember that. It was on like a battlefield and you had to sneak around through bushes (another shitty system) to get through to the tree. Took me forever to figure out what I was supposed to do.

Barzul

Getting this on the PC when I pick up that 760 with the new bundle. I was more about the actual content this time, but seems like Ubisoft delivered.

Forkball

We'll see. I was a big fan of the Ezio trilogy, but AC3 burned me. It's going to take a lot of praise before I get back into the series ($60 on PC THANKS UBI)

CHC

A French print magazine having the first review of a game by a French company doesn't strike me as particularly surprising, to be honest.

I didn't necessarily mean that they hadn't played the game, I was just kind of thinking in terms of the fact that the review seems to offer nothing new. It really doesn't do much to elucidate anything we couldn't have guessed and reads somewhat like the back of the box probably will.

jbug617

Banned
fwiw Aegies said on twitter, next gen review should be coming 9 days from now. He said it's not an exclusive game but a multiplatform. My guess is AC4

Vizzeh

Banned

Sony PS4 developer slide.

DirectX_11.2__PS4-pcgh.jpg

The GPU supports dx11.2 which features is accessed through ps4's API, Xbox ome GPU only supports 11.1 which means tiled resources is gimped slightly by software driver version, Ps4 supports it in hardware.

So buying this. Ubisoft has been on a roll recently!!!

I am confused about the NA release though.

It releases on Wii U, 360 and PS3 on Oct. 29th and then the PS4 and Xbone versions release on their launch dates of the consoles?

I really want to buy this on the Wii U, but I just don't know what version we will be getting. :(
Any news on this? If it's like the current gen version, I will just wait to get the PS4 version.
edit: I can live without dlc

I wish the pirate age was after the American Revolution. Feels weird to jump backwards in time.

But fuck it, I get to be a pirate. I'm just gonna ignore all the modern stuff as much as possible. It's too rage inducing.

Kinda wish this character wasn't named Edward Kenway, cause we already know his ultimate fate. Oh well.

Was this the place that gave one of the Uncharteds a 21/20? All I know is it came from one of these weird outlets that grade on a 20 point scale.

PSM3 reviews Uncharted 2 : 21/20
The latest edition of the french PSM3 magazine has published the review of the highly anticipated PS3 exclusive Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Below will find a scan of the rating the magazine has attributed to the title.

21/20: Monstruous.

The conclusion of the test reads [english translation]:

"Long, visually stunning, deep and explosive, Uncharted 2 combines all the qualities you can find in a videogame, and more! A new milestone has been reached in the videogame history."

RedAssedApe

Banned

That entire flag pole assassination sequence was retarded as hell.

gaf can't be trusted to look at games critically either. Sorry but I'll take reviewers and metacritic over the general hyperbolic outrage I see on gaf.

They're both useless. My way of deciding whether I want to buy a game or not is to watch a stream on Twitch. That and a combination of knowing that I will hate roughly 98% of all games released.

mikeGFG

Banned
Fuck a review. Let time decide for you.

Wait one year for everyone to inevitably decide that the game was a colossal piece of garbage.

Fuck a review. Let time decide for you.

Wait one year for everyone to inevitably decide that the game was a colossal piece of garbage.
The game isn't even out yet, man.
And if you're talking about Assassin's Creed 3, sure the game had some issues, but it definitely wasn't garbage. Some people didn't like it as much as AC II, but 3 is still a good game. It just has flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom