• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Trilogy coming to the West

At first I was sure I was going to buy this simply to support the series, but at this point, do I really need to do that? I mean, after the Investigations 2 incident I thought for sure the Ace Attorney series was going to be Capcom's next victim (RIP Darkstalkers), but is that still something we should be worried about? AA5 was successful, wasn't it?

EDIT: Also, it's kind of funny to think that this is essentially a port from two generations ago. GBA --> 3DS.

Apparently Investigations 2 was a victim of bad timing more than anything. Or at least that's what they say.

wariosnose

Neo Member
I was hoping this would make it here. Never played them and was really wanting to give them a shot rather than just jumping into Dual Destinies.

Yirba

Does anyone know whether the Japanese version uses the original GBA soundtrack or the re-arranged Nintendo DS soundtrack? I know the iOS version uses the GBA version, which was a bit disappointing.

I hate that this is eShop only but if this will convince Capcom to have a 2nd collection comprising of Apollo Justice, AAI, and AAI 2 then I guess I'll purchase it.

VegiHam

I'm only surprised in that I expected this to be an E3 announcement, but it's still nice to see.

I also expected Capcom to sell each game separately for $15 each, glad I got that wrong

Petrae

I was initially excited for this until the "eShop only" red flag was raised. Gotta pass on this like I did the last Ace Attorney offering. No physical = no sale.

rekameohs

Banned
Where are the Apollo and Edgeworth games?
Need all the series on my 3DS!
Now this is something that would be incredible. I just don't see them going through all the effort to localize AAI2 for that though. :(

Least there's the fan translation.

I was initially excited for this until the "eShop only" red flag was raised. Gotta pass on this like I did the last Ace Attorney offering. No physical = no sale.
Get Dual Destinies!!

nullset2

gonna guess the whole "digital only" thing has worked very well with Ace Attorney for Capcom, and they will continue with it going forward.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I hate that this is eShop only but if this will convince Capcom to have a 2nd collection comprising of Apollo Justice, AAI, and AAI 2 then I guess I'll purchase it.
I'm really hoping something like this happens. Call it a spin-off collection or something. I wanna replay AJ and AAI & hopefully AAI2 will make it over eventually.

Apparently Investigations 2 was a victim of bad timing more than anything. Or at least that's what they say.
From what I recall, it came out around the same time that the 3DS was coming out & the time it'd take to localize it would have been released when the DS would be considered "dead". Plus I think AAI didn't sell as well as they thought it would.

HardRojo

Digital only again? At least a limited run would be nice, Capcom invests on stuff like Dark Void, Remember Me and Lost Planet 3 but doesn't bother with physical versions for a franchise with a very loyal fanbase.

bobawesome

Cool to see it coming over. Now, about those missing frames, botched script, and GBA music in the iOS version, Capcom...

Nyoro SF

I can only hope that this somehow, somewhere, gives incentive to properly localize and release Investigations 2 and then bundle both Investigations games for 3DS...

A MAN CAN DREAM

Preorder ready!

If this collection succeeds, I see a second trilogy release on the horizon with Apollo Justice and Investigations 1 & 2 .

I will buy the shit out of this. 30$ or whatever it will be in € is a fantastic price for 3 of the best adventure games ever made.

Edit: Just the thought of having AA 1,2,3 and 5 on my 3DS at all times....oh my !

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I never got a chance to play these on the DS and I actually really liked the new game's demo on the eShop, so I was hoping for this.

Will definitely buy.

Edit: Why is everyone complaining that it's digital? lol smh.

Oh good, I was worried that Capcom had given up on this game in the west. I don't particularly care about this one due to the poor port quality, but it makes me feel more confident about the odds of The Great Ace Attorney being localized too.

daxgame

no buy if this will be only in english when ALL THE CHAPTERS WERE ALREADY TRANSLATED. Don't pull this shit on me Capcom.

FluxWaveZ

I never got a chance to play these on the DS and I actually really liked the new game's demo on the eShop, so I was hoping for this.

Will definitely buy.

Most people complaining probably already played these games. They're going to be buying it again.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Most people complaining probably already played these games. They're going to be buying it again.

Still, I don't get why it's a big deal it's digital only.

Who cares, you're still getting the game.

Oh good, I was worried that Capcom had given up on this game in the west. I don't particularly care about this one due to the poor port quality, but it makes me feel more confident about the odds of The Great Ace Attorney being localized too.
What's wrong with it? I heard its better than the iOS trilogy at least
In the iOS version, the characters don't blink.

Did they fix that for the 3DS triology version?
Yes

Tom_Cody

I still haven't played the third game so I will look forward to playing it with this collection.

Does anyone know how it was received in Japan? Will I be better off play this or should I just grab a DS copy of the 3rd game?

Come on people, Ace attorney is never going retail again. accept it or don't, but you're not gaining anything by posting 'fuck digital/eshop' in every aa thread.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Japanese laguamge included? Sold, time to play though these 3 again.

MicH

So is this port not very good? I have the entire trilogy on DS, but I would consider rebuying it so I always have it on my 3DS, but not if the port is shoddy

Will definitely buy.

If they're was at least a physical edition I would've bought it again but most want a LE collectors

Come on people, Ace attorney is never going retail again. accept it or don't, but you're not gaining anything by posting 'fuck digital/eshop' in every aa thread.

They could at least make a limited run... it's not like they're going to lose money for that. They've greenlited HUGE disasters and yet, no AA love.

This. Dual Destinies was terrific. You may think you're telling Capcom "we want physical releases!" but it's CAPCOM, they'll take it as "we don't want Ace Attorney any more!"

DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME YOU GUYS.

HardRojo

I want Capcom to know I don't agree with AA going digital only and that they could at least run a limited print for those who want a physical version, they don't have to overproduce if they believe they won't sell through most copies.

What's wrong with it? I heard its better than the iOS trilogy at least

Yes

The character portraits look worse the they did in the DS ones, besides that, I read that it wasn't much better than the iOS one, although I didn't really follow that up, so I might be wrong about how well it was actually received.

It should still be a fine way for anyone who hasn't played it to get into the series.

Snaku

Banned
image.php

Shoulda been third post.

Kimppis

I just started AA3 (finished the first two a while ago), so there's no reason for me to get it, as the replay value is non-existent. Great games, though. I've been missing out. And LOL at digital-only.

Top Bottom