• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN New Years Showcase Trailer | PS4, PS VR, XB1, PC

Fury451

Banned
Straight into my bloodstream, thank you

I actually thought Assault Horizon was alright, and "Press triangle to fist raise" was one of the best things to come out of last-gen's full-blown obsession with QTE, but it's nice to have what looks like the
strange
real Ace Combat back.

m2QGbb.gif

This is the good stuff

KORNdoggy

i'll only buy this if the entire thing is playable on PSVR. i don't want 1 or 2 missions and that's it. go all in like RE7 or not at all.

glaurung

i'll only buy this if the entire thing is playable on PSVR. i don't want 1 or 2 missions and that's it. go all in like RE7 or not at all.
There was an interview late last year (or very early this year), where the producer explained troubles with VR. First of all he mentioned that the graphical fidelity is not very high and that without VR, the game will look better. The second (and kind of a weird argument for me) thing was to do with cut scenes. The producer said that they simply cannot find a position for the view in VR for cut scenes and as a direct result, testing cut scenes with VR proved to make people feel unwell.

I expect you can play a lot of this game in VR if you so choose, but as it stands right now, the producers are no longer that keen on it. RE7 remains the only triple-A title that is completely playable in VR for now. Or until Farpoint comes out.

Hoooooooooollllly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Was almost thinking of grabbing a PS4 just for this so hearing it's multi platform is huge for me. Playing this on PC is going to be incredible

Thought it was PS4 exclusive or something, PC it is :D

It was one of those "game is on platform Y but there is no exclusive messaging and the publisher won't talk about other platforms for X amount of months" situations like Diablo 3 on console or Tekken 7.

Great news though on the game being confirmed for a multi-platform release. Hopefully AC6 gets BC support on XB1 soon.

jbug617

Banned
The game was announced exclusively for PS4 right?

Wiki page

kQaZ5Id.png

They only announced the PS4 version but did not say it was exclusive. It's like the Tekken 7 announcement. They only announced the PS4 version and then at E3 it got announced for XB1 and Steam.

Wuiji

Here's hoping for Ace Combat 6 on backwards compatibility as a bonus when you get Ace Combat 7 on Xbox One.

Top Bottom