• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN New Years Showcase Trailer | PS4, PS VR, XB1, PC

Yes! The one game i really wanted to play that i didn't think I'd be able to on Xbox! Now make a BC dongle for my x360 AC flight sticks please. Like purty, purty please. Love those things.

Baleoce

Dayummmn. Definitely getting it on pc. Especially if there's 21:9 support (I don't know if there is, I'm just saying it'd be perfect for a game like this).

xemumanic

OMFG YES!

<insert many manic GIFs here>

I'm SO hyped about this, like, isamu style. :)

The second I saw the Unreal 4 engine logo on it I knew it had to happen. Now if Rez Inifinite would come to PC.... but oh well.

KORNdoggy

There was an interview late last year (or very early this year), where the producer explained troubles with VR. First of all he mentioned that the graphical fidelity is not very high and that without VR, the game will look better. The second (and kind of a weird argument for me) thing was to do with cut scenes. The producer said that they simply cannot find a position for the view in VR for cut scenes and as a direct result, testing cut scenes with VR proved to make people feel unwell.

I expect you can play a lot of this game in VR if you so choose, but as it stands right now, the producers are no longer that keen on it. RE7 remains the only triple-A title that is completely playable in VR for now. Or until Farpoint comes out.

that's disappointing. i don't mind if VR mode essentially cuts out all story elements if that's where they're finding it hard to incorporate it. so it's just back to back story missions with no context or narrative.

but i don't just want a handful of dog-fights to make up the mode. it just feels lazy.

Getting heavy AC6 vibes, what with fighting another huge aircraft carrier plane. And that theme that's trying hard to invoke Liberation of Gracemeria.

I always wished I could have experienced the PS2 games or even 6 on day one, but at least I can do that with this one on PC.

T_V_H

So excited! Thought this was supposed to be a ps4 exclusive? Definetly getting it on PC if it's like the ps2 ones. 144hz dogfighting, Mmmmm...

Edit: Just realised that this is the perfect excuse to buy a flight stick. Yay!

Pachael

Namco continuing to hit it out of the park for same day multiplat and PC.

Edit: And that was before I saw the Ni no Kuni 2 PC thread!

Don't see why for VR they can't make the cutscenes they are having trouble with just go back to 2D like the beginning of Resi 7 VR. Unless they have cutscenes where you can look around, in which case still don't understand the problem

The voice acting is exactly as bad as I want it to be. It's bang on for an Ace Combat game.

Absolutely. There is a special level of cheesiness required in an AC game.

I'm a little sceptical of the lasers and the focus on drones. I prefer enemies that are mainly based on real-world planes (even if they are loaded with 100 missiles and have ridiculous handling).

Still, it's looking great overall.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
So how long until these devs start getting called out for withholding PC VR modes because Sony probably paid for an exclusivity deal on the mode?

If these VR modes weren't subsidized theres a significant chance they wouldn't exist at all.

Guymelef

So how long until these devs start getting called out for withholding PC VR modes because Sony probably paid for an exclusivity deal on the mode?

How I see it probably if Sony doesn't pay for VR timed exclusive/VR efforts PC would never get official VR support in the future.

Nzyme32

Hmm, is it known whether the VR support is a PS exclusive? And if so, is it timed?

The game was announced simply as a "PS VR exclusive", but seeing everything else, in all likelyhood you can expect a PC version after whatever exclusivity period ends.

FinKL

Does this still not have a release date? Looks good though, will be picking PS4 or PC versions once more info on VR surfaces

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nice to see a numbered entry make its way to PC.

About VR, I do wonder if Namco even really knows about supporting Vive or Oculus. Do either HTC or Facebook reach out to Japanese companies?

Durante

About VR, I do wonder if Namco even really knows about supporting Vive or Oculus. Do either HTC or Facebook reach out to Japanese companies?
Isn't this a UE4 game? In UE4, supporting Vive and Oculus in a game (controlled with traditional controls) which already has one form of VR support means ticking a checkbox next to a plugin.

I hate it when people underestimate the development effort of something, but we've literally had UE4 games that shipped with (usually broken of course) VR support by accident.

raven777

Whats the best AC to play at present ? Would like to try some out before this arrives.

AC4,5,Zero are usually regarded as the best ones. You can play those if you have PS2.
If you have 360 you can play AC6, and PS3 you can play Infinity (don't know if it's released outside Japan though)

Baleoce

Maan, between this, Nino Kuni 2, TEKKEN 7 and more, Bandai Namco are really coming good on their PC initiative. Good on them.

Nzyme32

They do. Bandai Namco have partnered with Vive for their arcades, and several of their developers have been talking about their work in Asia in Vive's own presentations, including Harada even when Tekken 7 wasn't announced for PC

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Isn't this a UE4 game? In UE4, supporting Vive and Oculus in a game (controlled with traditional controls) which already has one form of VR support means ticking a checkbox next to a plugin.

I hate it when people underestimate the development effort of something, but we've literally had UE4 games that shipped with (usually broken of course) VR support by accident.

I was thinking of this more from a publisher's perspective than a developer.

They do. Bandai Namco have partnered with Vive for their arcades, and several of their developers have been talking about their work in Asia in Vive's own presentations, including Harada even when Tekken 7 wasn't announced for PC

I see, well hopefully they announce that it will get added at some point.

Top Bottom