• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

dubc35

I played Infinity last night for the first time in many months. I like the game and the supplied fuel is fine for me since I don't have much free time for gaming. However, damn it is such a grind. I only really want the F-15E. I have it about 30% developed but I'm still only 2nd Lt #37 or something and need to unlock 1st Lt to be able to purchase it. :/

Aquila

Looks like I'll have to get some time off near the end of May if I want my Ribbon emblem. Why does Jean Louis get his own plane? As if Yellows weren't common enough already....

I played Infinity last night for the first time in many months. I like the game and the supplied fuel is fine for me since I don't have much free time for gaming. However, damn it is such a grind. I only really want the F-15E. I have it about 30% developed but I'm still only 2nd Lt #37 or something and need to unlock 1st Lt to be able to purchase it. :/

At this point, you have to fly a couple sorties everyday or just unload a bunch of stocked fuel if you want to get anywhere on the research tree. Just keep flying with supplied fuel til June rolls around and you'll reach 1st Lt with enough funds to purchase the F-15E. It'll only get worse from there. Research will cost lots more and rank experience will only get longer.

Oh my lord I've found this thread...

Started playing Inifnity a week or so ago. Tryina grind credits and research for the F-15 MTD. It's the only plane I'll ever need.

Aerocrane

The update is now available for download. Size is 313 MB.

11159545_954514827912304_1558089878332011651_n.png

Maintenance times for reference.

I'll try to login to the game tomorrow morning and post the update details here. I'll probably post the details 3-4 hours after the game's back up as the maintenance ends at 04:59 my time.

Aerocrane

Supposed new aircraft via ACS:
X49
XFA36
CFA44
MiG1.44

"It's neither XFA-36 nor XFA-24

It's some other XFA, a new designation for an old aircraft"

http://acecombatskies.com/topic/34084-ace-combat-infinity-discussion/page-1888#entry892723

FoxHoundElite and fighterman are supposedly trustworthy when it comes to this stuff, they have access to wherever these datamining informations are posted.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who frequents ACS!

I'm looking forward to every one of those planes. Also I'm guessing this means that we could possibly get a Hamilton MiG 1.44 event sometime in the future. And the X49? That thing would look so weird flying among everything else...I love it.

cj_iwakura

Supposed new aircraft via ACS:
X49
XFA36
CFA44
MiG1.44

"It's neither XFA-36 nor XFA-24

It's some other XFA, a new designation for an old aircraft"

http://acecombatskies.com/topic/34084-ace-combat-infinity-discussion/page-1888#entry892723

FoxHoundElite and fighterman are supposedly trustworthy when it comes to this stuff, they have access to wherever these datamining informations are posted.

I know someone who's been a tester on AC:I, that could be the source.

Update #9 Details:

[Update Details]

- Added the "Adriatic Sea Landing Operation" mission to Online Co-Op Missions.
- Added new challenges to Challenges Mode.
- Added some new aircraft, parts, emblems and other items.
- Added the "Special Aircraft Lv. Cap Increase Request Form," an item which increases the level cap on special aircraft.
- Added a new function that allows an aircraft's parts capacity to be increased by repeatedly flying sorties in that aircraft.
- Added "4 Players (No BOTs)" and "6 Players (No BOTs)" to choices for number of players in Online Co-Op Missions.
- Added a function that allows you to view the skins that you own regardless of whether or not you own the related aircraft.
- Added a function that allows the targeting for the focus mode for certain weapons to be switched to the point of impact circle.
The supported weapons are UGB, MUGB, FAEB and SFFS.
- Added the filter "Sort by Last Used Aircraft" to the Aircraft Set Selection Screen when flying a sortie.
- Added a function that allows the display of the rental sets in Online Co-Op Missions and Team Deathmatch to be turned off.
- After acquiring all Sign In Bonuses, you will receive a complete bonus every day until the current period ends.
- Adjusted the layout of the Change Emblem screen.
Also added a function that allows you to listen to the music effects provided by emblems that you own, once set conditions have been fulfilled.
- Adjusted the parameters for certain special weapons.
- Increased the level cap for the following aircraft.

From Lv.10 to Lv.15.

ATD-0
 X-02 WYVERN
 ADF-01 FALKEN
 ADFX-01 Morgan
 R-101 Delphinus #1
 XFA-27
 All special aircraft

Note: "Special Aircraft Lv. Cap Increase Request Forms" are required in order to increase the level cap on special aircraft.

From Lv.15 to Lv.20.

F-4E Phantom II
 F-4G Phantom II Wild Weasel
 F-16C Fighting Falcon
 MiG-21bis
 AV-8B Harrier II plus
 Mirage 2000-5
 Su-25TM Frogfoot
 F-14A Tomcat
 Su-24MP Fencer
 MiG-29A Fulcrum Gripen C
 F-16F Fighting Falcon
 F-2A
 F-15C Eagle
 Su-24M Fencer-D
 F-14D
 F-5E TigerⅡ
 F-20A Tigershark

- Change implemented so that if the host changes room settings after you have selected ready to sortie, your ready status will be automatically cancelled.
- For people playing the game for the first time, adjustments have been made to the rewards that are received upon clearing the tutorial challenges.

[Bug Fixes]
- Fixed an issue in which a reduction in the number of players a room would sometimes result in uneven player distribution on teams.
- Fixed an issue with the radar map which caused it to occasionally display incorrect information.
- Fixed other minor issues.

Starting Prices:

X-49 (850 cst) - 7,989,940
XFA-33 Fenrir (825 cst) - 4,590,000
MiG-31B Foxhound (550 cst) - 2,130

F-22A -Mobius1- (825cst)
Su-37 -JeanLouis- (750cst)

Aerocrane

New Special Challenges:

Obtain the F-16XL "Wizard" Skin! (3 parts) - Part 1: Sortie in the F-16C aircraft and use regular missiles to destroy a total of 50 target(s). SP. aircraft cannot be used. Part 2: Sortie in a attacker aircraft and destroy a total of 120 ground target(s). Part 3: Sortie in the F-16XL aircraft and use the 4AGM to destroy a total of 160 target(s).
Rewards: Part 1 - Parts Research Report (Gift Item) x 2, Credits x 20000 Part 2 - Elite Mercenary Contract (Gift Item), Credits x 30000 Part 3 - F-16XL "Wizard" Skin, Credits x 20000
Obtain the F-15 S/MTD "Sorcerer" Skin! (3 parts) - Part 1: Sortie in the F-14A aircraft and obtain a total personals score of 60000. SP. aircraft cannot be used.
Rewards: Part1- Special Weapons Research Report (Gift Item) x 2, Credits x 20000
This month's strategic command! Adriatic Sea Landing Operation (1) - Repeatedly sortie in the "Adriatic Sea Landing Operation" Online Co-Op Mission and aim to achieve a total personal score of 100000!
Rewards: Credits x 10000, Nickname "Rain Man"
This month's strategic command! Adriatic Sea Landing Operation (2) - Repeatedly sortie in the "Adriatic Sea Landing Operation" Online Co-Op Mission and aim to achieve a total personal score of 500000!
Rewards: Emblem "OEL Pilot Medal (Adriatic Sea Landing)", Nickname "Overlord"
<Don't Miss Out!> Obtain a Special Aircraft Lv. Cap Increase Request Form! (10 parts) - Part 1: Sortie in the "Tokyo Martial Law" mission and obtain an A rank or higher 5 times! Part 2: Sortie in the "Aerospace Center Defense" mission and obtain an A rank of higher 5 times! Part 3: Sortie in the "Pipeline Destruction" mission and obtain an A rank or higher 5 times!
Rewards: Part 1 - Credits x 10000 Part 2 - Aircraft Research Report (Gift Item) x 2 Part 3 - Credits x 15000
<Limited Time Only!> Sortie once in the F-14A aircraft and use the HVAA to destroy 4 target(s). Complete in one sortie, SP. aircraft can be used.
Rewards: Emblem "Lancer", Aircraft Research Report (Gift Item) x 3
<Limited Time Only!> Sortie in the F-15 S/MTD and use the SAAM to destroy a total of 8 target(s). SP. aircraft cannot be used.
Rewards: Emblem "Beast", Parts Research Report (Gift Item) x 3
<Limited Time Only!> Sortie in the Rafale M aircraft and use the HCAA to destory a total of 10 target(s). SP. aircraft can be used.
Rewards: Emblem "Cocoon", Nickname "Skilled Beauty", Credits x 20000
<Limited Time Only!> Sortie in the T-50 aircraft and use the 4AAM to destroy a total of 20 target(s). SP. aircraft can be used.
Rewards: Emblem "Albeiro", Nickname "Honorable", Credits x 20000
<Limited Time Only!> Sortie in the Typhoon aircraft and use the HVAA to destroy a total of 20 target(s). SP aircraft cannot be used.
Rewards: Typhoon "Rot" Skin, Credits x 20000, Elite Mercenary Contract (Gift Item)
<Limited Time Only!> Sortie in the F/A-18F aircraft and win 2 time(s). SP aircraft cannot be used.
Rewards: F/A-18F "Grun" Skin, Credits x 20000
<Limited Time Only!> Sortie in the F/A-18F aircraft and destroy a total of 70 target(s). SP. aircraft can be used.
Rewards: Emblem "Grun", Special Weapons Research Report (Gift Item) x 3
<Limited Time Only!> Sortie in the EA-18G and obtain a personal score of 60000. SP. aircraft cannot be used.
Rewards: EA-18G Event Skin #01, Credits x 20000
<Limited Time Only!> Sortie in the Su-35 aircraft and obtain an "S" rank. SP. aircraft cannot be used.
Rewards: Su-35 Event Skin #01, Credits x 20000
<Limited Time Only!> Sortie in the F-35B aircraft and be awarded with the MVP 2 time(s). SP. aircraft cannot be used.
Rewards: F-35B Event Skin #01, Credits x 20000

So we finally got the Foxhound and the new top tier aircraft are as expensive as ever.

EDIT: I played a match with my A-10A and got slot expansion points???
It seems that planes get experience points too in the form of slot expansion points. Once you get enough slot expansion points you get more slots?

I'm loving the slot expansion points idea. I need more points on Haruka.

And thanks to the new mission I finally got my match ranking into the 1900's

Aquila

Depending upon how much of a grind it entails, the slot expansion points might finally make bottom-tier aircraft viable again. Not to say they never were, but they definitely weren't worth investing for their modularity.

There is now a 12-slot medium part combining standard missile reload speed (m) and standard missile power (m). Will it have the same percentage increase as the old individual medium parts? Just chucked almost 3 million burning research towards it so it better be worth it.

Less than four days to finally get my Rot skin. Typhoon is at level 6. Too much open research thanks to update and not enough aircraft reports. I'm in trouble.

How much is that 825 cst going boost F-22 -Mobius-? F-22 -Gryphus- is 800 cst but has access to 6aam's. I'm definitely going to waste several days trying to get the Mobius emblem but I haven't yet decided if going for a top 300 is worth the trouble.

Ace Combat Infinity News Dispatch #9

Aerocrane

Ace Combat Infinity - PS3 - Update #9 New Contents & Adjustments (Trailer) (same video as above, but in english)

11019416_954487411248379_7112069400507936844_n.png

Ranking brackets for the rewards are now listed in event info section for the Mobius 1 tournament.

Rewards:

Planes:
F-22A -Mobius1- (rank 300 or better)
Su-37 -Jean Louis- (rank 3000 or better)

Emblems:
Mobius (rank 200 or better)
Three Arrowheads (actually ISAF emblem) (rank 5000 or better)

Items:
Special Aircraft Lv. Cap Increase Request Form (3 for top 20, 1 for 21-1000)

Nicknames:
Heroes Really Do Exist (top 20 only)
Mobius 1 (rank 100 or better)
Mobius (rank 100-1000)
Grim Reaper Ribbon (rank 300 or better)
Ribbon Insignia (rank 301-1000)
Mobius Squadron (rank 10000 or better)
ISAF (rank 100000 or better)

Lucky numbers: 310, 320, 330, 340, 350, 360, 370, 380, 390, 400, 500, 600, 700, 765, 800, 900, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7650, 10000
Reward: F-22A -Mobius1-

Lucky numbers: 1118, 2118, 3118, 4118, 5118, 6118, 7118, 8118, 9118, 10118
Reward: Mobius (Emblem)

Closing a room after a forced sortie is announced should be a hell-worthy trespass.

Closing rooms on Special Raids is the worst thing. Whenever I'm hosting and I get a Special Raid II or higher, I increase the room size so more people can get in on it. Makes it much easier to get the S rank too!

Mobius 1

Ace Combat Infinity - PS3 - Update #9 New Contents & Adjustments (Trailer) (same video as above, but in english)

11019416_954487411248379_7112069400507936844_n.png

Ranking brackets for the rewards are now listed in event info section for the Mobius 1 tournament.

Rewards:

Planes:
F-22A -Mobius1- (rank 300 or better)
Su-37 -Jean Louis- (rank 3000 or better)

Emblems:
Mobius (rank 200 or better)
Three Arrowheads (actually ISAF emblem) (rank 5000 or better)

Items:
Special Aircraft Lv. Cap Increase Request Form (3 for top 20, 1 for 21-1000)

Nicknames:
Heroes Really Do Exist (top 20 only)
Mobius 1 (rank 100 or better)
Mobius (rank 100-1000)
Grim Reaper Ribbon (rank 300 or better)
Ribbon Insignia (rank 301-1000)
Mobius Squadron (rank 10000 or better)
ISAF (rank 100000 or better)

Lucky numbers: 310, 320, 330, 340, 350, 360, 370, 380, 390, 400, 500, 600, 700, 765, 800, 900, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7650, 10000
Reward: F-22A -Mobius1-

Lucky numbers: 1118, 2118, 3118, 4118, 5118, 6118, 7118, 8118, 9118, 10118
Reward: Mobius (Emblem)

Awwww yissssss I'm ready to reengage!

Aerocrane

I haven't checked for any screenshots or other proof, but people are saying that the Special Aircraft Lv. Cap Increase Request Form increases the level cap by only one level per form, meaning you'd need 5 to get your favourite SP. plane to 15.

Aerocrane

Ace Combat 1st Anniversary celebration event! "Progress through the Aircraft Tree" Campaign!

Research rate increased and cost of purchase for aircraft is reduced.
From 20th of May until the 14th of July.

Eligible Aircraft:
F-4E Phantom
F-4G Wild Weasel
F-5E Tiger II
F-5E Tigershark II
F-16C Fighting Falcon
F-16F Fighting Falcon
F-16XL
F-14A Tomcat
F-14D Super Tomcat
F-15C Eagle
F-15J
F-15E Strike Eagle
F/A-18F Super Hornet
EA-18 Growler
F-117A Nighthawk
F-2A
X-29
A-10A Thunderbolt II
AV-8B Harrier II Plus
Gripen C
Mirage 2000-5
Typhoon
Rafale M
MiG-21bis
MiG-29A Fulcrum
Su-24MP Fencer
Su-24M Fencer-D
Su-25TM Frogfoot
Su-33 Flanker-D
Su-34 Fullback

The announcement had plenty of typos in the list of aircraft

Another announcement was also posted, with a message from series producer Kazutoki Kono.

To all Ace pilots,

One year has passed since the release of "ACE COMBAT INFINITY" and we will be celebrating the game's 1st anniversary.

On behalf of the PROJECT ACES team, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for playing the game and for your continued support.

With "ACE COMBAT INFINITY", our aim was to create a "community" for players who like fighter aircraft. I strongly believe that your feedback, opinions and gameplay experiences are the things that are supporting this "community".

We will continue to do our best to expand "ACE COMBAT INFINITY", so your continued support and encouragement will be deeply appreciated.

Please find attached a special emblem to commemorate the game's 1st anniversary.

ACE COMBAT Series Producer
Kazutoki Kono

Attached items:
Emblem "ACE COMBAT INFINITY - 1st Anniversary"
Special Aircraft Lv. Cap Increase Request Form x 1

Special 1st anniversary wallpaper was also made available for download for PC and phones: http://ace-infinity.bngames.net/wallpaper_1st_aniv.php

Anniversary Cake!
11160612_957240664306387_1127957903912679500_o.jpg

Aerocrane

Another new anniversary celebration notice has been posted.

Amount of supplied fuel is doubled to 6 for a limited amount of time.
Active from 25th of May until the 1st of June.

Aerocrane

Why do they think six minutes is enough for Stonehenge?

Because it is more than enough when you have a competent team. Of course it depends on if your teammates have high level planes and if they know what to do in the mission. What plane are you usually using on Stonehenge? What level is it? What is your matching rate? Are you having trouble clearing Stonehenge Returns I or one of the more difficult versions?

cj_iwakura

Because it is more than enough when you have a competent team. Of course it depends on if your teammates have high level planes and if they know what to do in the mission. What plane are you usually using on Stonehenge? What level is it? What is your matching rate? Are you having trouble clearing Stonehenge Returns I or one of the more difficult versions?

1, Typhoon-MK-.

You guys playing sometime? It sucks that wherever I play my planes are outclassed by others and I end up with few points. It doesnt help I have so much shit to reasearch.

cj_iwakura

You guys playing sometime? It sucks that wherever I play my planes are outclassed by others and I end up with few points. It doesnt help I have so much shit to reasearch.

I usually use up my supplied fuel in the early evening, but I got a ton of stocked yesterday since I actually learned to start picking challenges.

Aerocrane

What is your matching rate? What planes are you using, and what level? Even people around 1500 matching rate have high level and high tier planes nowadays.

I mostly use it for the speed.

With a few levels and the right parts a multirole or attacker could also be decently fast. Despite being fast you are in a severe disadvantage when fighting ground targets at least until around level 7 or 8 I'd guess. I'm not saying to stop using the Typhoon, but unless it's a map like Moscow or second phase of Weapons Base Assault where there are lots of air targets for you to go after you will find yourself getting outscored by players with planes that are more suitable for A2G.

glaurung

What is your matching rate? What planes are you using, and what level? Even people around 1500 matching rate have high level and high tier planes nowadays.
I recently redownloaded the game onto my PS3. Tried one match. The other players were head and shoulders above me, both in terms of planes and rank.

I could barely keep up. My team mate was very angry with me.

Not going back.

Haha, no wonder you get outscored real hard. Your F-15C would probably be competitive on Moscow and B7R at least, but that F-35 needs some more levels real badly.

GPB sucks so much. The matchmaking sucks there should an option where it can restrict the room based on the aircraft cost.

GPB sucks so much. The matchmaking sucks there should an option where it can restrict the room based on the aircraft cost.

They should've implemented that ages ago. It's hard for new players getting into the game with their F-4E that can barely do anything plus it's difficult to do challenges with Lv.1 aircraft when everyone was running around with high level F-15S/MTDs and the like.

Man I would be putting actual money into this if it comes out on PS4,
Such a pain trying to borrow my PS3 back from my little brother just to play this for a bit.

dubc35

They should've implemented that ages ago. It's hard for new players getting into the game with their F-4E that can barely do anything plus it's difficult to do challenges with Lv.1 aircraft when everyone was running around with high level F-15S/MTDs and the like.

Yep, I used to place in the top 2 in my squadron but now my level 4 (I think) F/A-18F just doesn't cut it. I am a bottom feeder with my ~1580 rank, lol. Even with LASM's equipped the other planes are so much faster than I am they can hit targets with regular missiles. On the other hand, grouping all together allows for more full rooms.

Top Bottom