• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Combat Infinity |OT| You are cleared to engage.

Aerocrane

I will take all of those planes. Too bad I'll never be able to stay in the top of the rankings for the x-02 :/

Forced sorties all the time. Bamco wants all yo yens. Seriously though, forced sorties are enabled more often than not now and it's ridiculous. You'd already have to pay your way to the good ranking rewards in tournaments anyway and now it's even more stupid.

Maintenance has been announced.
11002656_917462278284226_4488116129714484294_n.png

Scheduled Start Date: UTC 2015/3/3 10:00:00
Scheduled End Date: UTC 2015/3/5 1:59:00

Idolmaster planes will obviously be included in this update, but what else could it contain?

10944856_918477348182719_2652124528882786359_n.png

"King of Aerial Combat" TDM ranking tournament is starting soon!
From 6th of March until the 9th.

Rewards are:

Planes:
F-5E -Pisces- (rank 1000 or better)

Skins:
Su-37 Event Skin #01 (rank 5000 or better)

Emblems:
King of Aerial Combat (rank 3000 or better)

Nicknames:
Unprecedented Achiever (top 20 only)
Unfailing Accuracy (rank 200 or better)
Kill King (rank 1000 or better)
Dogfight Lover (rank 10000 or better)

Lucky Numbers are either listed incorrectly (starting from 210) or the F-5E is actually a top 200 reward.

If these reward tiers are correct, I guess they are trying to get more people playing TDM with more accessible rewards.

I got the A-10A -Distant Thunder- today from a gold box.
I'll never use it with my standard A-10A at Lv. 10.

Well I went with the bolded title. The thread is up now, although it's really barebones: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=151869821

10968372_910711908959263_1850520900681595932_n.png

Valentine's day emblems available as limited drops for three days only! All emblems change missile smoke colour to orange.

I spent 20 stocked today to get Makoto's emblem. It was the last one so now I have the full Idolmaster set. In the process I also got two of the valentine's day emblems.

Jesus get this on PS4 already im missing all the good stuff lately.

Aquila

They're 4.59 million credits each though...

Hahahaha, No.

Does the XFA-27 have its four at once standard missiles? Delphinus' hud looks amazing but I couldn't tell if the plane had a laser mg. At those prices though, there's no way I'll ever fly them.

Aerocrane

Update 8 is now available for download, the size is 1685MB.

Update details:

- Added the "Avalon Dam Invasion" mission in Online Co-Op Missions.
- Added the "Dubai Night Assault (HARD)" mission in Online Co-Op Missions.
- Added new challenges to Challenges Mode.
- Added some new aircraft, parts, emblems and other items. (I'll add a detailed list later, thanks for not listing this stuff patchnotes)
- Added Free Flighty Mode which allows all playable areas to be flown around freely. Requires purchase of Free Flight Ticket. (Costs €6,95) The following areas can be flown around in Free Flight mode:
San Diego
Tokyo
West Indies
South-West Russia
Central Turkey
Avalon Dam
Area B7R
Adriatic Sea
Troia Route
Dubai
Alps
Moscow
- Added a function to change the amount of players while still inside a room. Also added the line "I want to change the number of players" to the sentences available in room chat.
- Change made to allow Supplied Fuel and Stocked Fuel to be used together during a Forced Sortie.
- Change made to allow you to select to invite a player to your team or to your room when sending a room invite.
- Added a function to check information relating to the Rental Aircraft Sets that can be used in Online Co-Op Missions and Team Deathmatch.
- Added a function to preview aircraft and skins shown on the Special Supply Items Catalogue screen.
- Added a filtering function to the Aircraft Set Selection screen. Sets can be filtered using the categories [All]. [Fighter], [Multirole], [Attacker] and [Bomber].
- Adjusted the zoom on attack targets when using the HUD view. Press the triangle button lightly to just focus on your attack target, and press it firmly to zoom in on it.
- The method for calculating Ranking Points has been changed for Team Deathmatch.
- Added "Participating in challenges" and "Aiming for a spot in the rankings" to room policies.
- Added some Instant Radio Messages. ("Yo, Buddy. You still alive?" added to Special Supply items catalogue among other messages from Zero.)
- The maximum level for the following aircraft has been increased.

From Lv. 10 to Lv. 15.

Su-37 Terminator
Su-35 Flanker-E
F-15S/MTD
ASF-X Shinden II
F-35B Lightning II
T-50 PAK-FA
F-22A Raptor
YF-23 Black Widow II
ATD-0
FB-22 Strike Raptor
Su-47 Berkut

From Lv. 5 to Lv. 10

B-2A Spirit
B-1B Lancer

- Changed the names of certain emblems.
(Old) Scarface (Emblem) (New) Scarface (Emblem)
(Old) Grabacr (Emblem) (New) Grabacr (Emblem)
- Added an effect to the "Nagase" emblem which changes missile smoke color to "orange".
- Adjusted enemy NPC behavior towards aircraft with stealth abilities.
- Increased the limit for the maximum amount of credits.
- Added new player ranks
- Fixed a bug whereby the mission would not progress even when all enemies are destroyed in "Tokyo Martial Law" Online Co-Op Mission.
- Fixed a bug whereby the mission would not progress even when all enemies are destroyed in "Tokyo Martial Law (HARD)" Online Co-Op Mission.
- Fixed a bug which caused the ADF-01 FALKEN skin, "ADF-01 Event Skin #01" to be displayed incorrectly on other player's (wingmen's) screens.
- Performed fixes fop other detailed issues.

Well, welcome to the endgame I guess? I think Namco must already have a date for end of service and it must be soon. The power creep is getting ridiculous, Lv. 20 lower tier planes must be on the roadmap.

Aquila

Well, welcome to the endgame I guess? I think Namco must already have a date for end of service and it must be soon. The power creep is getting ridiculous, Lv. 20 lower tier planes must be on the roadmap.

E3 announcement of AC3 remake, AC4/5/0 remaster, AC7(?) for fall release. BELIEVE

Wasn't the wyvern tournament one of the biggest whale hauls yet? There's no hints yet of a Mobius cash grab or the last few superplanes.

The Delphinus and XFA-27 price tags still floor me. Such blatant pandering has gone from disgusting to funny back to disgusting. I figured they'd be near peers of the Falken with similar bomber price tags.... The 27 does get extra pairs of missiles as its lvl 4 special weapon apparently.

At least rooms can be enlarged and have better descriptions now, my cries were answered on that front.

Aerocrane

E3 announcement of AC3 remake, AC4/5/0 remaster, AC7(?) for fall release. BELIEVE

Wasn't the wyvern tournament one of the biggest whale hauls yet? There's no hints yet of a Mobius cash grab or the last few superplanes.

The Delphinus and XFA-27 price tags still floor me. Such blatant pandering has gone from disgusting to funny back to disgusting. I figured they'd be near peers of the Falken with similar bomber price tags.... The 27 does get extra pairs of missiles as its lvl 4 special weapon apparently.

At least rooms can be enlarged and have better descriptions now, my cries were answered on that front.

If Namco ever were going to remake the PS2 trilogy, they would've already done so. I look forward to the announcement of Ace Combat Infinity 2 for PS4. I guess the whales are still bringing in good money, it's just that they are releasing content so fast that soon they will have to put in actual effort after they use all of the reusable data from Assault Horizon. The new mission is pretty nice, could do with a few more air targets though. The attack helicopter emergency mission is ridiculously easy. At least I get to MVP with my A-10 again in maps other than Weapon Base Assault and Moscow.

I was going to save my credits for upgrading the Eurofighter Typhoon -Makoto- if I get it, but with the ASF-X getting Lv. 15 cap it won't even be worth it. I hope the Lv. 15 for ASF-X gives a cool nickname.

11042981_920488784648242_2355099802160537372_n.png

King of Aerial Combat TDM Tournament is now on!
From 6th of March until the 9th

Rewards are:

Planes:
F-5E -Pisces- (rank 1000 or better)

Skins:
Su-37 Event Skin #01 (rank 5000 or better)

Emblems:

Nicknames:
Unprecedented Achiever (top 20 only)
Unfailing Accuracy (rank 200 or better)
Kill King (rank 1000 or better)
Dogfight Lover (rank 10000 or better)

Lucky numbers: 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7650, 10000
Reward: F-5E -Pisces-

10250344_921876014509519_2590086689743205427_n.png

Increased drop rates are in effect for F-22A -HARUKA- Mirage 2000-5 -YAYOI- and Typhoon -MAKOTO- until the 9th of March.

cj_iwakura

People have those planes already and it pains me to see it. :( So you can just get them from random missions, no real requirements?

And my new connection isn't letting me connect to any games... could 3MB be too slow?

People have those planes already and it pains me to see it. :( So you can just get them from random missions, no real requirements?

And my new connection isn't letting me connect to any games... could 3MB be too slow?

im@s planes are random drops. Almost all of them are better than their originals apart from the B-2 which is weaker than not just the B-2 but also the B-1.

Some R-101 news:

Price from level one to ten.

Lv.1 4,590,000
Lv.2 2,727,000
Lv.3 3,942,000
Lv.4 4,644,000
Lv.5 7,047,000
------Non-standard Upgrade------
Lv.6 14,850,000
Lv.7 7,290,000
Lv.8 8,100,000
Lv.9 8,910,000
Lv.10 9,990,000

Total: 72,090,000

Source

Aerocrane

The planes are included in the set of the most rare random drops that are in gold boxes. I got Typhoon -Makoto- today. I don't think it's your internet being too slow, I'm having trouble signing on to the game. Unless you can actually access a list of matches and when trying to join a match from the list you can't connect. Earlier today I couldn't find any matches either, so I'm assuming Namco are having server issues.

cj_iwakura

The planes are included in the set of the most rare random drops that are in gold boxes. I got Typhoon -Makoto- today. I don't think it's your internet being too slow, I'm having trouble signing on to the game. Unless you can actually access a list of matches and when trying to join a match from the list you can't connect. Earlier today I couldn't find any matches either, so I'm assuming Namco are having server issues.

I can join, but half the time I get dropped from the game player list, and even if the mission starts, I get kicked out during it.

cj_iwakura

It's definitely not just AC:I. Dark Souls II and SF3 both kicked me out more often than not, but at least I got a couple matches in SF3. It ran fine, no lag... but then I get randomly kicked off. Could it be a modem setting? A cursory glance seems to suggest 3MB should be fine for online gaming...

Aerocrane

It's definitely not just AC:I. Dark Souls II and SF3 both kicked me out more often than not, but at least I got a couple matches in SF3. It ran fine, no lag... but then I get randomly kicked off. Could it be a modem setting? A cursory glance seems to suggest 3MB should be fine for online gaming...

You could try forwarding the ports listed on this support page: https://support.us.playstation.com/.../~/firewall-port-numbers-to-play-games-online
You should also check if your router's software has the option to add a device to a DMZ (could also be listed as virtual DMZ). I have no idea how to do it, but it will set your router so that it won't block any internet traffic from and to your PS3.

11046525_921881614508959_5578255057327908175_n.png

"Nemesis is Here!" Co-op tournament starting soon!
From 10th of March until the 23rd

Rewards:

Planes:
F-22A -Gryphus- (rank 200 or better)

Emblems:
Gryphus (rank 1000 or better)
Falco (rank 5000 or better)

Nicknames:
Heat Hater (top 20 only)
Southern Cross Nightmare (rank 200 or better)
Gryphus (rank 1000 or better)
Falco (rank 5000 or better)
Nemesis (rank 3000 or better)
Southern Cross (rank 10000 or better)
Yee-Haw! (rank 100000 or better)

Lucky numbers: 210, 220, 230, 240, 250, 260, 270, 280, 290, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 765, 800, 900, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7650, 10000
Reward: F-22A -Gryphus-

When using Gryphus or Falco emblems your missile smoke will change colour to blue.

cj_iwakura

Finally finished a sortie. I guess if I get an Idol plane, it'll come out of the box?

That tension. :( Nothing yet.

It amazes me how this game is prettier than AC6, but it is a lot newer. Why couldn't this be AC7?

Aerocrane

Finally finished a sortie. I guess if I get an Idol plane, it'll come out of the box?

That tension. :( Nothing yet.

It amazes me how this game is prettier than AC6, but it is a lot newer. Why couldn't this be AC7?

You always get a gray box and a red box at the end of the mission. There is a very small chance that instead of the red box you get a golden box. The Idolm@ster planes are distributed in the gold boxes until the 1st of April. Namco are doing this just to get you to buy some stocked fuel with real money.

Infinity is running on Ace Combat Assault Horizon's engine and while it looks nice it can have really bad dips in performance. It's especially bad in the SOLG Interception special raids where it definitely drops below 20 frames per second at times. I've also had bad framerate drops when the set of SP planes spawns at the end of B7R Dogfight Battle and start firing their missiles all at once.

Aerocrane

The Makoto... chooses its owner.
:D GET.

Congrats! I'm considering using my saved up credits to level my Typhoon -Makoto- as I don't think I'm ever going to reach Lv. 15 with my ASF-X. It does have really low defense stat though, which might make it less viable in PVP especially considering that it starts at lower mobility (I think?) than the standard Typhoon too.

Aquila

Infinity is running on Ace Combat Assault Horizon's engine and while it looks nice it can have really bad dips in performance. It's especially bad in the SOLG Interception special raids where it definitely drops below 20 frames per second at times. I've also had bad framerate drops when the set of SP planes spawns at the end of B7R Dogfight Battle and start firing their missiles all at once.

Even though it looked less real than AH and Infinity, I always felt that AC6 was prettier. There was a bit too much lighting but smoke and explosions were much better emphasized. Ace of Aces mission 9 with its ADMM's, uavs, and Nimbus strikes were no where near as bad as the current SOLG. I'll have to do another playthrough and see if 6 merits comparison still.

Congrats! I'm considering using my saved up credits to level my Typhoon -Makoto- as I don't think I'm ever going to reach Lv. 15 with my ASF-X. It does have really low defense stat though, which might make it less viable in PVP especially considering that it starts at lower mobility (I think?) than the standard Typhoon too.

Good to see all this love for the best idol plane
Wish I'd called dibs first. Ha
I've only got Makoto and whoever is the F-2. Typhoon -Makoto- would be a top 5 paint scheme without the pin-up art on the wings and tail. I might level it too just to have a more stylish low level plane for baby seal lobbies.

Even though I have a plan to cap off my Wyvern and chosen special weapons, I'm still tempted to make a run for the Delphinus or XFA-27. If I contract burn, I'm only a few parts away from either. Or I could finally build an ECM plane....

I don't know which is worst, Falco squadron's emblem or this upcoming 13 day tournament.

Aerocrane

Good to see all this love for the best idol plane
Wish I'd called dibs first. Ha
I've only got Makoto and whoever is the F-2. Typhoon -Makoto- would be a top 5 paint scheme without the pin-up art on the wings and tail. I might level it too just to have a more stylish low level plane for baby seal lobbies.

I don't know which is worst, Falco squadron's emblem or this upcoming 13 day tournament.

Well, Makoto is the best idol and I needed a fighter anyway. I already got mine to Lv. 4, need 66% more research for Lv. 5. I think Ami is on the F-2A. I got the Mirage -Yayoi- also which has a pretty funny description.

I think I managed to get in the top 3000 for this TDM tournament. I finished my last sortie when the tournament ended and I think my ranking points were uploaded. It was pretty fun playing TDM when the matches weren't just flying around in circles. I even managed to MVP once with my Typhoon -Makoto-, winning against a team of two Raptors, a PAK-FA and a FALKEN. That 13 day tournament is stupidly long, I wonder if we get forced sorties for the duration of the entire tournament.

A new notification has been issued, informing of a new glitch introduced in the recent update:

In Online Co-Op Missions, reducing the number of players within a room causes players to be unevenly placed on teams.

Great job interns.

I was rank 3007 before my last TDM sortie, so I used three stocked to make sure I got in the top 3000. Looking at the rankings now, it worked. My final rank in the King of Aerial Combat tournament is 2284 with 46812 ranking points. That triple fuel forced sortie wasn't really necessary.

I'm kinda glad that infinity seems to be working out pretty well for Namco and Project Aces. It's giving me confidence for an AC7. Which is awesome since I don't want my favorite series to bite the dust.

Though am I alone in thinking that more companies should make arcade style jet action games? I know we have games like world of warplanes and such, but it's not the same at all. H.A.W.X was a decent start until they ruined it with H.A.W.X 2. We need some competition man. Like seriously.

The company that first comes to mind for me at least is Konami with their Air Force Delta series:
Strike Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkstBZb2ZP8
What happened with this? I loved the over the top nature of that game.

More companies need to step up to the plate man. C'mon guys.

...guess that was just me rambling a bit.

Aerocrane

New ranking tournament has been announced.
11070740_925764800787307_4059045461651007088_n.png

"Prototype Aircraft Festival"
From 25th of March until the 6th of April.

Allowed aircraft: ATD-0, F-20A, X-29A, F-16XL, FB-22, YF-23, F-15S/MTD, T-50, Su-37, Su-47, F-20A -SN-, FB-22 -AR- (Aries? Accidental leak?), F-15S/MTD -SP-, Su-37 -13-, Su-37 -RN-, Mirage 200-5 -EX- and F/A-18F -BH

Rewards:

Planes:
X-29A -Experimental- (rank 1000 or better)

Emblems:
Test Pilot (rank 200 or better)
X Plane (rank 3000 or better)

Nicknames:
Super Maneuverability (top 20 only)
Forward Swept Canard (rank 1000 or better)
X Plane (rank 5000 or better)
Proof of New Technology (rank 10000 or better)

Lucky numbers: 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7650, 10000
Reward: X-29A -Experimental-

The X-29A -Experimental- has QAAM, SAAM and HPAA as SPW. It also has 286 gun ammo and 114 missiles at Lv. 1.
Cst: 725
Speed: D+
Mobility: C
Stability: D
ATK DMG (AIR): B
ATK DMG (GROUND): D
DEFENSE: E

Parts:
BODY: 26
ARMS: 23
MISC: 23

So we are getting top 1000 reward planes again, but they are lower tier aircraft. At least fans of these older, lesser known aircraft have the opportunity to waste their money for SP versions.
F-4G -Mindripper- when?

11043138_924203007610153_8345298484858580885_n.png

Increased drop rates are in effect for F-14D -Azusa-, F-15E -Chihaya- and F/A-18F -Ritsuko- special aircraft. Timeframe of this increase in drop rate hasn't been specified.

I'm kinda glad that infinity seems to be working out pretty well for Namco and Project Aces. It's giving me confidence for an AC7. Which is awesome since I don't want my favorite series to bite the dust.

Though am I alone in thinking that more companies should make arcade style jet action games? I know we have games like world of warplanes and such, but it's not the same at all. H.A.W.X was a decent start until they ruined it with H.A.W.X 2. We need some competition man. Like seriously.

These more arcade style flight action games are quite niche in today's market. They always were, really. I'd guess it comes down to profitability. The licenses for modern jets can't be cheap. It's easier for a flight simulator to be profitable as you can sell a software package with just one aircraft for a premium price, meaning you have to sell less to recoup costs. Most of the flight simulator developers like Eagle Dynamics and Leatherneck Simulations are based in Eastern Europe where work is cheaper. HAWX is dead (as it should be) and there is no way it will get revived as Ubisoft needs all of their titles to sell millions of copies. Top Gun was almost 30 years ago, Stealth was ten years ago and it bombed. For the general public, flying a jet isn't as cool as a man with a gun shooting terrorists in the face. If Ace Combat Infinity's free to play model would've been similar to War Thunder, maybe it would've seen more success. Games like World of Warplanes and War Thunder don't have restrictions on how much you can play like ACI does. This combined with being PS3 only and relatively late in the console's life cycle hasn't helped. We know that the game has been downloaded over 2 million times. How many of those are active players? 20k? 30k? The game isn't doing great.

cj_iwakura

Well, it's still active enough to fill rooms, so I'm happy.

How do they expect me to do the satellite mission without The Unsung War? Blasphemy.

Aerocrane

Well, it's still active enough to fill rooms, so I'm happy.

How do they expect me to do the satellite mission without The Unsung War? Blasphemy.

Yeah, if anything it feels like the active playerbase has increased.

The Unsung War plays during Satellite Interception III.

Aerocrane

There's 3 of them? Or you mean the last phase?

All Special Raid missions have three difficulty levels. The higher difficulty levels are more rare. Emergency ground, air and sea strikes do not, but they are limited time special raids. Moby Dick Pursuit and Stonehenge Returns both had a fourth difficulty level added later.

Recently sold my PS3. Any chance of this coming to PS4?

I'm not seeing it happen, if Namco wanted to have Infinity on PS4 they would've already ported it.

cj_iwakura

All Special Raid missions have three difficulty levels. The higher difficulty levels are more rare. Emergency ground, air and sea strikes do not, but they are limited time special raids. Moby Dick Pursuit and Stonehenge Returns both had a fourth difficulty level added later.

Sheesh. It was a fun progression in phases, but it felt empty without the echo of Cum historia...

Aerocrane

Sheesh. It was a fun progression in phases, but it felt empty without the echo of Cum historia...

It has too much scripting compared to the other special raids. You have to wait for AWACS Heavy Cloud to stop talking to progress to the next phase. Missed out on a S-rank on Satellite Interception II once because the artillery shell became an active target two seconds before timer ran out as Heavy Cloud was just blathering on.

I just got two gold boxes in a row, got Danketsu bomber and F-22A -Haruka-. I hope I can get the F-15E -Chihaya- before this event is over.

We're getting 18 days of forced sorties. This is just ridiculous.

Aquila

It has too much scripting compared to the other special raids. You have to wait for AWACS Heavy Cloud to stop talking to progress to the next phase. Missed out on a S-rank on Satellite Interception II once because the artillery shell became an active target two seconds before timer ran out as Heavy Cloud was just blathering on.

I just got two gold boxes in a row, got Danketsu bomber and F-22A -Haruka-. I hope I can get the F-15E -Chihaya- before this event is over.

We're getting 18 days of forced sorties. This is just ridiculous.

Hate to say it, but I wish there was 19 days of forced sorties. Got my first ever SOLG 3 last night... that would've been a nice paycheck.

What was your average lobby score on that SOLG 2? I can't remember my lobby's make-up too well, but it was about a high 1800, 2 mid 1900, and a low 2000. We slaughtered the enemy Falken squadron and had a solid 30 seconds to listen to Heavy Cloud ramble about the core.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Chihaya and Azusa.

Aerocrane

Hate to say it, but I wish there was 19 days of forced sorties. Got my first ever SOLG 3 last night... that would've been a nice paycheck.

What was your average lobby score on that SOLG 2? I can't remember my lobby's make-up too well, but it was about a high 1800, 2 mid 1900, and a low 2000. We slaughtered the enemy Falken squadron and had a solid 30 seconds to listen to Heavy Cloud ramble about the core.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Chihaya and Azusa.

I can't remember, it was a while ago. We would've S-ranked it quite easily if we didn't have a guy take their Nighthawk for A2A mission. I got SOLG -Lexell- last week and we S-ranked it with me at about 1840MR and three guys around 1900. Had some guy flying a F-14A -Razgriz-, first time I'd ever seen one being used.

Aerocrane

I got my Makoto after winning MVP, so there's probably a connection.

It wouldn't really make sense if gaining MVP would increase your chance of getting a gold box. I got both of my drops yesterday after playing pretty badly on B7R Dogfight Battle getting third place both times, so I highly doubt there's any relation.

cj_iwakura

I'm starting to think it's just about impossible to earn the campaign credits using just traditional co-op. 3 might be my last.

Aerocrane

I'm starting to think it's just about impossible to earn the campaign credits using just traditional co-op. 3 might be my last.

I think it's a waste of credits to use them to unlock the campaign. You should buy the Unlimited Campaign Play Ticket if you want to play the campaign. The story isn't very interesting though and it ends without resolving anything. All you get for it is 20 fuel and a bunch of emblems if you go for the S-ranks.

Aquila

Don't hate me Aerocrane, but I got F-15E -Chihaya- the other night.

Not sure if I've just had competent lobbies or not, but Dubai Assault (Hard) doesn't feel very difficult compared to Tokyo or Pipeline. I'm not even running stealth parts and I'm barely threatened by missile lock.

Aerocrane

Don't hate me Aerocrane, but I got F-15E -Chihaya- the other night.

Not sure if I've just had competent lobbies or not, but Dubai Assault (Hard) doesn't feel very difficult compared to Tokyo or Pipeline. I'm not even running stealth parts and I'm barely threatened by missile lock.

Not hating because I got it two days ago :) Not sure if I'm ever going to use it though, as I already have good planes.

I've gotten really close to S-rank the two times I've played Dubai Assault (HARD). It does seem that the enemy are not as threatening. I've just had the bad luck of having teammates who don't remember that in hard mode missions enemies have more health. So much time wasted on cleanup.

I'm feeling really bad for my buddy. He really wants Iori's Rafale since she's his favorite idolm@ster character. He bought 25 stories worth of fuel with and only got 1 gold drop. Takane's Gripen.

...while I get
HARUKA'S F-22
Hibiki's Harrier
Miki's Su-33
And Azusa's F-14.

He's a little depressed. Lmao

Aerocrane

I got SOLG III for the second time two days ago, unfortunately my four player lobby only got an A rank as the host didn't think to change the playercount. We had one core unit left when the timer ran out.
I've had really bad luck today with teammates who just prioritize their own score over the mission clear rank. I had two separate lobbies today where in Weapon Base Assault we had Wyverns spamming SOD all over. Of course beside the multiroles we only had attackers which made air to air combat futile as the Wyverns played like the enemy air units didn't even exist.

21086_928063667224087_8256265344307932592_n.png

Increased drop rates are in effect for F-117A -Yukiho-, Rafale M -Iori-, F-2A -Ami- and F-16C -Mami-

If I can get the F-117A -Yukiho- I've got all the idolm@ster planes I'd want.
EDIT: And then I got two gold boxes in a row, containing F-16C -Mami- and 76500 credits.

cj_iwakura

Not a fan of the color scheme, but having an easy Rafale would be nice. One of my favorite fighters.

Does Zero BGM play in any of the missions?

cj_iwakura

Welp, six sorties and no planes. :( One gold box, just had three fuels.

Some guy named BluSubaru22 is a monster... he was carpet bombing everything. Total map clearer.

Aerocrane

Not a fan of the color scheme, but having an easy Rafale would be nice. One of my favorite fighters.

Does Zero BGM play in any of the missions?

If you want an easy Rafale, get the Rafale -Vent d'Ange- from the Special Supply Items Catalogue. It costs 400 tickets and it's one of the best planes in the game. It's available until the 31st of March.

As for BGM, according to Ace Combat Wikia:

"Contact" plays during the emergency mission updates against the Scylla Squadron, Titan Squadron, and Quickshot Squadron.
"Annex" plays during "Pipeline Destruction". It also plays during the helicopter attack emergency mission update in "Pipeline Destruction" and "Weapons Base Assault".
"The Demon of the Round Table" plays during the emergency mission update against the Sniper Squadron, Specialist Squadron, and Shadow Squadron, as well as against the Ater Team in the Campaign mission "Area B7R".
"Return to Base" plays at the end of every multiplayer match.
"HRESVELGR" plays during the battle against the QFA-44 Carmilla "Butterfly Master" and her drones in Campaign mission "Far Eastern Front".
"The Valley of Kings" plays during the Campaign mission "Avalon".
"Avalon" plays during the ICBM launch in Campaign mission "Avalon".
"The Round Table" plays during the TDM map "Area B7R".
"Zero" plays as the MVP music when wearing the "Galm" emblem.
"Mayhem" plays during the Campaign mission "Area B7R" and the Online Co-Op Mission "Area B7R Dogfight Battle".
"Morgan" plays as the MVP music when wearing the "Galm's head" emblem.

F-15J -Tiger- will be available in the ticket shop next month. Source.

Aquila

Keeping my fingers crossed that wasting some 3x fuel burns at the end of this tourney squeezed me into the top 5000. I was close anyway and figured why not. At the very least, I have more hanger queens with a F-16C -Mami- and a Rafale -Iori-.

I've become a Dragoon and upgraded to my first level 10 aircraft with the X-02. Short of buying a few level 5 special weapons, I'm about done with the research tree. My F-15E and Su-37 -13- are staying at level 9 unless I hit a jackpot.

Aerocrane

Keeping my fingers crossed that wasting some 3x fuel burns at the end of this tourney squeezed me into the top 5000. I was close anyway and figured why not. At the very least, I have more hanger queens with a F-16C -Mami- and a Rafale -Iori-.

I've become a Dragoon and upgraded to my first level 10 aircraft with the X-02. Short of buying a few level 5 special weapons, I'm about done with the research tree. My F-15E and Su-37 -13- are staying at level 9 unless I hit a jackpot.

I got to rank 4288 with 87996 ranking points. More nicknames and another emblem that I won't use.

I've got A-10A Thunderbolt II and ASF-X Shinden II at Lv. 10. I upgraded my Typhoon -Makoto- to Lv. 8 and I think I won't upgrade it any further. Instead I'm saving up credits for Lv. 11 upgrade for my Shinden, I'm about 400k credits away from getting it. I haven't touched the Russian lines on the research tree and the Shinden is the only high-end plane I've researched.

Some new nicknames from upgrading planes to Lv. 15 have been added to Ace Combat Wikia. Upgrading the ASF-X Shinden II to Lv. 15 gives the nickname "Icarus", a reference to the Ace Combat Assault Horizon tie-in novel "Ace Combat: Ikaros in the Sky" Upgrading the F-15 S/MTD gives the nickname "Right Stuff", a reference to the 1979 book and the 1983 film based on the book about the U.S. manned space program.

I managed to get into a few matches with the number 1 ranked player in the last event for a bit, and oh my goodness I can see why they're so high ranked. Dude rocked an Su-24 on Moscow Battle and absolutely destroyed everything. It was a challenge just trying to keep up, a fun one though! They absolutely know what they're doing too. It was only a 4 player lobby, but we destroyed the butterfly master in 15 seconds and the SOLG in around 2 mins give or take.
Honestly I was just impressed at how fast all of the targets disappeared.

I did manage to get ranked somewhere around 4300 for the event? I should log back on later and check my final rank.

Edit: changing a repeat.

Aquila

I managed to get into a few matches with the number 1 ranked player in the last event for a few matches, and oh my goodness I can see why they're so high ranked. Dude rocked an Su-24 on Moscow Battle and absolutely destroyed everything. It was a challenge just trying to keep up, a fun one though! They absolutely know what they're doing too. It was only a 4 player lobby, but we destroyed the butterfly master in 15 seconds and the SOLG in around 2 mins give or take.
Honestly I was just impressed at how fast all of the targets disappeared.

I did manage to get ranked somewhere around 4300 for the event? I should log back on later and check my final rank.

To be fair, the whales at that ranking tier pretty much have most of everything maxed out. All maps have a few good scoring routes to take too. Still impressive though and it's good to hear that you put up a fight against him.

Mostly three-manned a SOLG 1 last night, S-ranked at 00:00:00 remaining. Awwyiisss.gif I finished around 4800 for the Gryphus tourney; I like the blue smoke.

Top Bottom